Will DJI be releasing a 32 bit edition of the FLY App?
3385 12 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a374136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2289144 ft
Australia

Hi as per the heading. Many MM owners have had issues with the FLY app because they own a 32 bit architecture device. Is a 32 bit compatable app coming in the future?
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information if there will be a 32 bit version for the DJI Fly application in the future. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, events and updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you for your support.
2020-5-30
Use props
bugalugs22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67684 ft
Australia

Just buy a cheap phone. I picked up a used iphone 6s plus for US$100 and there are plenty of new android phones in that price range. Iphone is probably the better choice because it wont drain the controller battery.
2020-5-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got a Samsung S6 for $70 that works perfectly. I later got an Asus 8" tablet for $90 that works perfectly. I prefer the battery drain "problem" because the battery in the phone is much smaller than the one in the remote, so it is beneficial.
2020-5-30
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

32bit is the past, 64 and 128bit are present and future.
2020-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I doubt that.
Many things have changed with 64b and it will be hard to port to 32b if you use a lot of drivers (and DJI does)
2020-6-2
Use props
fans4a069ac3
New

United Kingdom

I bought the DJI Mavic Air 2 and tried to download the DJI Fly app on my old phone, it told me that my device was not compatible, on checking the internet for what is needed I later bought a new A70s Android v9 phone manufactured 2021, the app downloaded but Android reported a Parse error when trying to install it, it turned out that the phone was not a 64 Bit system, but a China copy of the Samsung A70s with only a 32Bit system, my old Ipad pro worked ok with the DJI Fly App but it seems that I have fallen into the trap assuming that a modern phone would work with a fussy app, I needed a new phone anyway, so either I wait for a 32bit version, or I use my Ipad pro that will drain the battery in no time.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_SmMavyJHXYc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661165 ft
Romania

Hello, I was using Samsung Galaxy A 20 e and now I'm using Samsung Galaxy A13 and I can't install Dji fly.  I would like an update for 32 bit because there are also other apps I used Dji fly from 2020 to 2022 with my Galaxy A 20 e with mavi mini.  Thank you.
2023-6-22
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I have no direct connection to DJI, so don't take this as anything official.

Ain't NEVER gonna happen.  It would make about as much sense as AutoDesk porting the latest version of AutoCAD to run on Windows ME.
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_SmMavyJHXYc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661165 ft
Romania

Hi, are you saying dji won't release a 32bit edition?  And that it doesn't make sense?  I think that from some perspectives it doesn't make sense, but from some perspectives it makes sense, because the Dji fly interface can be quite good with an update that makes it accept 64-bit phones, but also 32-bit phones.  Thanks for understanding.
2023-6-23
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

djiuser_SmMavyJHXYc0 Posted at 6-23 00:42
Hi, are you saying dji won't release a 32bit edition?  And that it doesn't make sense?  I think that from some perspectives it doesn't make sense, but from some perspectives it makes sense, because the Dji fly interface can be quite good with an update that makes it accept 64-bit phones, but also 32-bit phones.  Thanks for understanding.

As I recall it has been discussed before and DJI stated it's not gonna happen.

And no, it does not make sense for DJI to even attempt it.
2023-6-23
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2020-5-30 18:21
I got a Samsung S6 for $70 that works perfectly. I later got an Asus 8" tablet for $90 that works perfectly. I prefer the battery drain "problem" because the battery in the phone is much smaller than the one in the remote, so it is beneficial.

GaryDoug,  What ASUS 8" tablet did you get?

Thanks!
2023-6-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 6-23 06:24
GaryDoug,  What ASUS 8" tablet did you get?

Thanks!

It is the Z8s...but definatley NOT the Z8. Here is one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3349104 ... kp%3ABk9SR8Czw7idYg

I have retired mine since my Samsung S9 phone is much brighter, so I do not know if the Fly app still works on the Z8s. I can try it if you want
2023-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules