3845 9 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoPro King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

Hello,

I have a stupid situation that I cannot believe I got myself into.

I purchased a new AIR 2.

I created a new email account on DJI to start fresh with this drone.

I then charged and began for a first flight, it said i was in an authroised zone (blue) zone and so needed an unlock license. I obtained one and began flying.

Here is where it went bad.

I have worked out I registered my drone with someone elses email address.......yes, it was typo but there was an actual dji account with that email and now the blue zone license is bound to their email. So unless i log into the dji fly app with their login email address its now grounded....does this make sense?

Now when I log into DJI FLY app and choose to fly, its telling me that the zone is restricted and so I need to unlock the zone which i tick both boxes to accept responsibility but after that it says on the screen, "account not logged in" and wont even spin up the props.

Is this drone screwed? is there a lockout period and then it resets?

Please help

2020-5-30
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hi. I would say you could try to create a new DJI account with your correct e-mail address. Before that I would contact DJI support and explain the problem. Seems like there should be some way to get you up and flying.
2020-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You treat it like you sold it, if you did purchaser would just have to log in with his email (your correct email) now needs to be used to sign the drone in .
2020-5-30
Use props
MAVmAN2020
lvl.2
Australia

The fact that the drone is officially "linked" to the wrong email address(other persons) does that have any implications, like can they disable the drone?
2020-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MAVmAN2020 Posted at 5-30 16:36
The fact that the drone is officially "linked" to the wrong email address(other persons) does that have any implications, like can they disable the drone?

No it’s the same as selling, you don’t need to do anything, but just sign up correctly. The fact that you happen to have used someone else’s email you owe this person an explanation if you can get in contact with him.
2020-5-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had no problem with a "used" Mini that I bought that was already activated.  Just used my email account and it worked fine. I have no idea of the identity of the previous owner.
2020-5-30
Use props
MAVmAN2020
lvl.2
Australia

All sorted, thanks for the tips and advice.

2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, no worries about the activation account, it cannot be disabled but will not affect anything. You just need to log in your own correct DJI account and apply for the unlocking and fly the drone. If there is any problem regarding unlocking, please contact flysafe@dji.com for further assistance.
2020-5-31
Use props
MAVmAN2020
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 02:01
Hi there, no worries about the activation account, it cannot be disabled but will not affect anything. You just need to log in your own correct DJI account and apply for the unlocking and fly the drone. If there is any problem regarding unlocking, please contact  for further assistance.

thanks.

The Mavic Air 2 is ..........wow, great, excellent image quality for its price point.
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know you like it, hope you enjoy flying.
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules