DJI Air / FPV Image Goes Black
2087 5 2020-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeadSquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All. New to all this but i think i may have a faulty air unit.

I registered all components (Air unit, goggles and DJI transmitter)

upgraded to lates firmware

Paired them all.

When i switch the drone on, i can see the OSD on the googles and a clear picture. However, a few seconds in, the picture dissapears. I strill see the OSD and menu items and can select them etc. But the live feed from the camera goes and instead i have a black screen with the DJI logo in the middle.

Sometimes it just switches back on and a message appears in green bottom right corner something along the lines of Image switching to 120fps

Does anyone have any ideas? Obviously dont want to go on maiden flight to find out the image disspears when im in the air. Even tried to put a small table fan on the air unit (as it goes really hot) and it may be helping a little but not 100% sutre.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!
2020-5-31
Use props
DeadSquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just to add some more info. Signal bars bottom left of OSD are all full. Image seems to freeze before it goes black. It sometimes comes back without any changes from me.

Not sure why it would be related but just in case ill mention that this happens with no sd card in the air unit AND also with fast sandisk sd card in the air unit.
2020-5-31
Use props
DeadSquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Another update. I downgraded the firmware on all 3 units and its almost the same.

By the way this is a Titan DC5. Where do i fill in an RMA please and how long will it take to replace? Im in the UK.
2020-5-31
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

It MIGHT be a bad 9V regulator on your flight controller.  It may not be supplying enough power.

Just a possibility.
2020-6-1
Use props
DeadSquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sent an email to DJI. How long do they normally take to reply? Will it be possible for me to send just the DJI air unit rather than the whole Titan DC5 drone? Also, im assuming its quite easy to dismantle it ? No soldering needed?
2020-6-1
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

mc54 Posted at 6-1 08:47
It MIGHT be a bad 9V regulator on your flight controller.  It may not be supplying enough power.

Just a possibility.

this, or other Option:
your Air Unit is overheating and shuting off
do you run it with more than 700 mW and low power mode disabled?
without proper cooling (air flow in flight) it can shut off (i noticed this at least with the caddx Vista unit)
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules