exchange ma2 to m2 zoom, just to get goggles?
778 10 2020-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LNGG0kwLtzxU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18077 ft
Canada

Hello all.   New user here.

My ma2 and RE goggles just arrived and of course I just discovered the incompatibility problem.

Choice to make:

First, return the goggles, enjoy the ma2 and wait for the inevitable arrival of dji goggles that are compatible with my ma2.

Second, keep the goggles and exchange the ma2 for a more expensive m2 pro or m2 zoom, just because those models work with dji RE goggles right now.

I'm leaning toward the first option.   It's cheaper.    I'm not so much into high end cinematography, which is what those high end m2 cameras are about.    And I'm a beginner, so maybe it's ok that I spend several months learning on an iphone, while waiting for goggles.

Thoughs appreciated.

aloha

2020-5-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I say keep the air 2 and wait for the update, it should soon be compatible.
2020-5-31
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

If they managed to connect the Mini to the Goggles, I don't think it can't be done with MA2.
Of course you cannot orientate the drone or the gimbal with the movement of the head, but to see I think it's possible.

2020-5-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even if they are able to make them compatible the range will suck, just like
with the MP2/Zoom. Occusync 2 is great on the drone but not so much with the goggles.
The original MP range for me is 2 miles is easy, with my zoom I'm lucky to get 1/2 mile.
I would say just get the smart controller and wait for that update and fly using
the HDMI port to the goggles.
2020-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return the goggles and enjoy the drone.
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for reaching out. With regards to the setup you need. It would depend on what you prefer for use. In addittion, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_LNGG0kwLtzxU
lvl.1
Canada

Woe Posted at 5-31 22:20
Even if they are able to make them compatible the range will suck, just like
with the MP2/Zoom. Occusync 2 is great on the drone but not so much with the goggles.
The original MP range for me is 2 miles is easy, with my zoom I'm lucky to get 1/2 mile.

That's interesting, that the range differs.

I thought the controller and goggles each had the same transceiver, so their reception of signal from the drone would be the same.

Perhaps the  antennae differ.

This adds to my certainty about sending the goggles back.    As well as software updates, I foresee goggle hardware updates.

I mean, what's the point of making a drone with a 10km range if the viewing system is still stuck back at generation one limits of  2km.

It also makes sense when I see that the only drones that don't work with the goggles are the mini and the ma2, the ones that use the new dji fly app.     The engineers could have set up software so the old goggles could talk to the new drones, but you'd be limited by the physical antennae of the old goggles, the ones set for short distances.

I suspect they are building long range goggles.

2020-6-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_LNGG0kwLtzxU Posted at 6-1 07:32
That's interesting, that the range differs.

I thought the controller and goggles each had the same transceiver, so their reception of signal from the drone would be the same.

I believe the problem is the goggles are first edition occusync and the
M2P/Zoom and MA2 are occusnyc 2. Just so you know there has been
only one update since the release of the MP2/Zoom for the Re's and that one didn't
work. So it definitely looks like DJI has moved on from the goggles Re's.
2020-6-1
Use props
KLNonthaburi
New

Thailand

I also bought the MA2 after flying the MA for over a year. My next immediate purchase was going to the be Goggles but was told that it did not work. What a disappointment. I thought it would work because of Occusync. I would have held off buying if I had known.
2020-6-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep the M2P as Woe said
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_LNGG0kwLtzxU
lvl.1
Canada

A J Posted at 6-1 09:58
Keep the M2P as Woe said

Yes, I agree.   Good advice.

More and more I am believing that the reason dji doesn't just do a goggle software update is because ocusync is also a hardware thing.

the mavic gen 2 drones with ocusync 2 and the long ranges, are new hardware.

all the more reason to return my goggles.   I'll bet goggles gen 2 wtih ocysync 2 will be coming out.

I mean, why own a gen 2 drone with a ten km range when your old goggles remain limited to the old 1km range.

I also think dji should have explained all this on the web site.   They chose not to.   Why?   Because they want to sell off their old inventory of gen 1 goggles.    You never tell the customer about the upcoming better product, when you still have a full warehouse of the old product.

China calls itself communism, but when it comes down to it, they play pure capitalism
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules