Osmo Pocket Timelapse Vs Hyperlapse?
1011 0 2020-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

I'm planning on going on a cross-country road trip across the US in a couple of weeks and I need some information!

I was initially planning on putting the osmo pocket into FPV mode and slow follow, then using the timelapse feature with a 2s interval and infinity for duration.

I kind of want to get a shorter interval, so I was thinking about doing a hyper-lapse instead since it seems to give you basically a 1s interval (30x speed, 30fps hyperlapse).

My question is: Is there a time limit for a hyperlapse? Could i have it running for 12 hours like the timelapse feature on an infinity duration?

Furthermore, does the hyperlapse just record normal video and speed it up 30x, or does it really take a picture every second. I've got 64gb to use on each day (i'm going to offload files into an external hard drive every night) so I wouldn't want the hyperlapse to fill up my sd card if it just takes reg video and speeds it up.

Thanks!

Edit: It seems like the hyperlapse mode does indeed take a video and speed it up. Since the pro settings only allow for shutter speeds up to 1/30, suggesting that it records in 1080p/30 and speeds it up.

2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules