DJI Mavic Mini - lost control and water crash
1314 9 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nova2711
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi guys!

A terrible accident happened this morning. While flying my DJI Mini, it suddenly completely lost its control, started spinning and crashed into the sea. The visibility was great, it was flying near, definitely less than 100m/320ft, you can see me wearing a red (not orange) jacket, the wind wasn't strong, there were no birds. My partner even jumped into the freezing Irish Sea but since that happened in the harbour, it was too deep to retrieve it.

Here's the video of the accident https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3dht1xqkhhqkez/2020_06_01_05_19_27_Cache.mp4?dl=0

Have any of you experienced or heard of anything similar?
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi nova2711, we are so sorry for your loss, it is recommended to contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support with the flight records and cache video to start a ticket for the data analysis, our data analysis team will help figure out what happened and provide the corresponding resolution, thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
nova2711
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-1 00:23
Hi nova2711, we are so sorry for your loss, it is recommended to contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support with the flight records and cache video to start a ticket for the data analysis, our data analysis team will help figure out what happened and provide the corresponding resolution, thank you.

Thank you DJI Mindy!

I contacted DJI support team via email the moment I got home, explained what happened and also sent them that last video which shows its last moments.

Do you know how long it usually takes them to reply?

I've just downloaded the flight records so I didn't manage to sent them those earlier.

Should I contact them again (via email or phone) and send them the video and the flight records or wait for the reply?

Here's the link with the flight records
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4c86052n6hh7ku/HwVideoEditor_2020_06_01_135630.mp4?dl=0

Thank you in advance!
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nova2711 Posted at 6-1 05:07
Thank you DJI Mindy!

I contacted DJI support team via email the moment I got home, explained what happened and also sent them that last video which shows its last moments.

Hi, Nova2711. May we know the email address used in sending the last video? We tried using your DJI Forum account but gave us no results. We'll help you forward the flight records. Thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
nova2711
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 6-1 08:36
Hi, Nova2711. May we know the email address used in sending the last video? We tried using your DJI Forum account but gave us no results. We'll help you forward the flight records. Thank you.
Hi DJI Diana,

Thank you!

I sent the email via dji support website, my email is vida_novak@yahoo.com
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nova2711 Posted at 6-1 08:52
Hi DJI Diana,

Thank you!

Hi, Nova2711. Yes, that was the email address we've search previously. Do you have a ticket number we can refer to? Still giving us no result using the email address you've provided. However, if you may re-send it again to support@dji.com, please? Kindly attach the flight records (link) this time. We'll keep an eye on this and note this with the designated team.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause. Thank you kindly for your patience.
2020-6-1
Use props
nova2711
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 6-1 09:25
Hi, Nova2711. Yes, that was the email address we've search previously. Do you have a ticket number we can refer to? Still giving us no result using the email address you've provided. However, if you may re-send it again to , please? Kindly attach the flight records (link) this time. We'll keep an eye on this and note this with the designated team.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause. Thank you kindly for your patience.

Thank you, DJI Diana.

I've just sent an email to support@dji.com

If you need any other information, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you!
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nova2711 Posted at 6-1 10:08
Thank you, DJI Diana.

I've just sent an email to

Thank you, Nova2711. We'll have the team noted on this. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Stay safe!
2020-6-1
Use props
nova2711
lvl.1

Ireland

UPDATE: I just wanted to thank you for you assistance!

The DJI support wrote: "The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis "

My replacement drone arrived yesterday but I haven't had time to activate it.

Before doing that, I would be grateful if you could tell me what's the status of my DJI Care Refresh. Do I have buy new DJI Care Refresh (the new drone has a different SN) or is my old one still valid?

Thank you in advance!
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nova2711 Posted at 6-20 03:34
UPDATE: I just wanted to thank you for you assistance!

The DJI support wrote: "The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis "

Hi, there. That's good to know that somehow we're able to assist you. Kindly email djicare@dji.com in transferring your DJI Care to your new unit. You don't have to pay or buy anew. Your unit was replaced for free and this is determined via flight records.

Thank you and I hope that helps. Again, we're happy we're able to assist you with this. Feel free to reach us again if you have other concerns. We're here to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules