Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 04:47
You know what you posted is just utter bs and you are just doing it to full on tilt me xD ahah
Bro come on... you get my point. Its not about the awesome tech that sells the mini. I want to go to Urjikistan or Fiberia or whatever country that we have no clue about and not drop our drones there just because of regulations.
And as I am a software engineer as a bsc. I know the weight reduction and everything has a huge take on the board/processing power whatever. I know it cant even handle a proper helix but still. I believe even if it is a veeery slight possibility it is a possibility. Set that aside trust me implementing gps waypointing to a system without any failsafe cases is easily doable in 1 man/day of coding. Troubleshooting the implementation is another story. I had a site called trakk.me which was basically like endomondo or whatever. It is possible... I BELIEVE

What you have written is just the biggest load of gibberish I have yet to read on this forum. It’s clear you know little about drones and less about dji.
You can rant all you like, insult people all you like do a rain dance, but you ain’t getting AT on your Mini.
Go troll somebody you think might listen.
2020-6-4
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

MA drone        
2020-6-4
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 05:34
What you have written is just the biggest load of gibberish I have yet to read on this forum. It’s clear you know little about drones and less about dji.
You can rant all you like, insult people all you like do a rain dance, but you ain’t getting AT on your Mini.
Go troll somebody you think might listen.

Well when intelligence isn't enough. Obviously ignoring and ignorance gets in play. My knowledge is irrelevant. Drones and Dji knowledge has nothing to do with coding nor mechatronics. And dont read too much forums mr "captain" get a life. Maybe fly a drone... All I did was to try to smooth the air and you took it for trolling. Dont take it that hard, its not a d.
Quick edit: Saw you have a mavic air 2 Congrats on that. Which leads me to one of my posts of
//////////

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-3 04:19
I entirely agree that it should be a no brainer that active tracking with the mini should be thought of as entirely at your own risk. But I also think that there are pilots out there who are....... brainless and I'd bet they'd be up on their soap boxes just as soon as they could get to a keyboard after crashing their mini.
Anyhow I have voted....against.

View full quote
Well there are car drivers that are also....  brainless. But it doesn't stop you from pushing the Sports mode on a 400+hp car does it? You know who would argue on a sports mode making a car faster than their own car? An owner who payed more "for that specific attribute"
And doesn't want others to have if for a more cheaper price.

So you sir have payed for lets say a mavic air/pro 2 and you cant bear the mavic mini users to have this attribute. Selfish, yet so human.
So DJI thats another thing to consider when you put the active track mode to a mini. These people who are against this are really going to get mad...

So I was actually talking about you! In this post yesterday! I love how people are soo predictable...
Still think im trolling? or are you just a hater that payed 400 bucks more and doesnt want that feature on the mini?

2020-6-4
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

22340179 Posted at 6-2 17:40
My advice is if it is a feature you want then you should probably buy a drone that supports it. Even if they added it to the mini it wouldn't be very good and solely software based. There are no forward sensors on the mini.

So sad to see when people downplay a feature request.

What's the problem if it woud get this feature - Does it harm YOUR drone?
If you own a Mini then you don't need to use it if you don't want it.There are many people who DO want it and find DJI should actually add it.

But the most probable reason  is that you don't want it to be added because it would give you buyers regret over the drone you actually bought, while you didn't need all of its other features.

Pretty much you are just a sad person.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 06:31
Well when intelligence isn't enough. Obviously ignoring and ignorance gets in play. My knowledge is irrelevant. Drones and Dji knowledge has nothing to do with coding nor mechatronics. And dont read too much forums mr "captain" get a life. Maybe fly a drone... All I did was to try to smooth the air and you took it for trolling. Dont take it that hard, its not a d.
Quick edit: Saw you have a mavic air 2 Congrats on that. Which leads me to one of my posts of
//////////

I really don’t know why you posted that rubbish, that’s not my post, and you sir continue to make no sense.
I don’t care how much you paid for a Mavic Mini, I paid exactly the same. But the difference is dji have said that AT won’t be coming to Mini because it doesn’t have and won’t have obstacle avoidance .
I don’t need to hear you ridiculous notion that Rth doesn’t have OA, because parameters of Rth are set by the user and he has full control of what and how he sets it up, and if he correctly sets it up it won’t crash into anything, so it works perfectly well without OA. So rendering your argument useless.
Now you can keep on posting this rubbish but it will make no difference, it’s not going to happen.
2020-6-4
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

GregT. Posted at 6-4 07:10
So sad to see when people downplay a feature request.

What's the problem if it woud get this feature - Does it harm YOUR drone?

You sir are a gem. This is exactly what I have been thinking. After the hype of mavic air 2 if we do keep on the request. I hope these awesome lads will give us the feature.
As I have found hallmark's

" I don’t need to hear you ridiculous notion that Rth doesn’t have OA, because parameters of Rth are set by the user and he has full control of what and how he sets it up, and if he correctly sets it up it won’t crash into anything, so it works perfectly well without OA. So rendering your argument useless."

comment feeling like I am totally talking into a wall. I unfortunately will evade responding to his answers. Because Rth has only one "ADJUSTABLE PARAMETER" =  altitude parameter. Not parameter"S".
(you will probably say positioning, gps etc etc. those are not adjustable by end users.)
I even have to respond to the guys ignorance beforehand to argue with him..

But now I realized actually you can spoof a waypoint kinda setting if the system would allow you to do rth with km/h adjustable 3-4m adjustable altitude parameter.(which makes even more nonsense since they are never going to make those available for change)
But rth spoofing for linear waypoint tracking could've gotten the job done..B
2020-6-4
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

I always think these petitions are cute.   As if a multimillion dollar company is going to change its lineup based upon an online petition..

Besides I am still waiting on a Deathstar (https://www.wired.com/2013/01/white-house-death-star/ ) having been 1 of 25,000 to sign that petition.  lol

But keep on dreaming if you like and I will not complain if it comes true...
2020-6-4
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 07:29
You sir are a gem. This is exactly what I have been thinking. After the hype of mavic air 2 if we do keep on the request. I hope these awesome lads will give us the feature.
As I have found hallmark's

I still stand behind my comments that if they can have “tracking” of a subject/object for Quick Shots - which relies on what the camera sees and software AI - for Dronie, Rocket, Circle, and Helix, they COULD add “tracking” of a subject/object that you select the same way you do for Quick Shots. I don’t think that it is an “unreasonable” request. All I want to be able to do is draw a box around something I want to keep it positioned in my frame, and manually move the Mini around it or follow it. I am a one man crew, and this feature would make my life easier.

And, well, people who keep saying “if you want that feature, buy a MA2 then” and hating on this “request” - you don’t need to flame other people’s comments.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-4 08:04
I still stand behind my comments that if they can have “tracking” of a subject/object for Quick Shots - which relies on what the camera sees and software AI - for Dronie, Rocket, Circle, and Helix, they COULD add “tracking” of a subject/object that you select the same way you do for Quick Shots. I don’t think that it is an “unreasonable” request. All I want to be able to do is draw a box around something I want to keep it positioned in my frame, and manually move the Mini around it or follow it. I am a one man crew, and this feature would make my life easier.

And, well, people who keep saying “if you want that feature, buy a MA2 then” and hating on this “request” - you don’t need to flame other people’s comments.

Your problem is, if someone points out perfectly good reasons why AT won’t come to mini, like no OA and the mere fact that dji have already given reasons why it won’t happen. You immediately accuse them of being haters and what’s more ridiculous is these people own minis, nobody’s hating here they’re just showing a bit of savvy and common knowledge.
2020-6-4
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 08:32
Your problem is, if someone points out perfectly good reasons why AT won’t come to mini, like no OA and the mere fact that dji have already given reasons why it won’t happen. You immediately accuse them of being haters and what’s more ridiculous is these people own minis, nobody’s hating here they’re just showing a bit of savvy and common knowledge.

Whatever dude... not all of us can afford to own a Mini, MA2, and MP2... and I don't have a problem other than I would like some kind of tracking - which I think many Mini owners would also like to see - for my Mini (and I did not say Active Track in my last post, just "tracking"). And maybe the "perfectly good reasons why AT won't come to the mini" are valid, but again, there is "TRACKING" for the quick shots, there could be "TRACKING" outside of quick shots.
2020-6-4
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-4 08:40
Whatever dude... not all of us can afford to own a Mini, MA2, and MP2... and I don't have a problem other than I would like some kind of tracking - which I think many Mini owners would also like to see - for my Mini (and I did not say Active Track in my last post, just "tracking"). And maybe the "perfectly good reasons why AT won't come to the mini" are valid, but again, there is "TRACKING" for the quick shots, there could be "TRACKING" outside of quick shots.

Forums are unfortunately and usually product fanboys satisfying each other with their knowledge/fanaticism.
If we really want change guys we should group up and create tickets.(by tickets I mean support requests from their website etc)
Because I have worked in a bank and the only way to get a dev upgrade into a years master plan is to  get some business analysts, project/task managers attention.
So I think you should start creating a discord channel or some sort of  group gathering platform BoxedSoul.I think its on you to do this change..

We believe in you!
2020-6-4
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 08:51
Forums are unfortunately and usually product fanboys satisfying each other with their knowledge/fanaticism.
If we really want change guys we should group up and create tickets.(by tickets I mean support requests from their website etc)
Because I have worked in a bank and the only way to get a dev upgrade into a years master plan is to  get some business analysts, project/task managers attention.

Definitely. Create another forum just for active tracking requests for the Mavic Mini. You won't see any haters there.
2020-6-4
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 6-4 09:15
Definitely. Create another forum just for active tracking requests for the Mavic Mini. You won't see any haters there.

...lol, this can also become a career...

"Active Track Requester"
2020-6-4
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

Deucalion Posted at 6-4 09:15

Ok this is what I was able to pull of in 20 mins, fastest I can do. I am going to implement forums and maybe vlogs in time.@fans1cafe718 You can always apply with a resume to our site as a Mod xD

https://mavicminifan.wixsite.com/mavicminiactivetrack

Edit: It really takes just 1 step to progress in change. Otherwise everything is just all talks...
Help us change 1 thing for the good..
2020-6-4
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 13:28
I have seen those drones you talk about, they are basically toys and AT is as useless as tits on a fish.

You say that pilots prudence should be safety enough. But I wonder the world we live in if one was to use AT for Running , if user was to suddenly stop, and craft kept coming hitting him on the back of the head, I can see many saying this is not safe and wanting to sue the manufacturer, particularly if using this to track for instance children in bicycles etc.

If you know how active tracking works, you will know that you maintain a distance, for example three meters and if you stop the drone it stops three meters away. That said, that DJI does not have any drones with this sensorless feature, mate, I do not agree, I repeat, what about the Phantom 3 ?.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JM.REYES Posted at 6-4 12:12
If you know how active tracking works, you will know that you maintain a distance, for example three meters and if you stop the drone it stops three meters away. That said, that DJI does not have any drones with this sensorless feature, mate, I do not agree, I repeat, what about the Phantom 3 ?.

Which phantom 3 has AT?
2020-6-4
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

playtime1 Posted at 6-2 18:28
You won't be  the last people always want something for nothing. And if it's that important you should have bought a drone that had it. Don't buy bottom of the line and expect all the bells and whistles.

Let's curl the curl more ... Okay, that they do not put this feature to the MM, that you leave it as it is, okay, okay. DJI impatiently expect you to launch a drone to the market, with all these characteristics BUT IT WEIGHS LESS THAN 250gr. When you do I AM THE FIRST ON THE LIST TO BUY IT. With this thought, there is no longer any discussion worthwhile. Active tracking is not the whim of MM owners, it is because we need this feature in such a special drone when it comes to having freedom to fly it due to its weight, which you will not deny, it is the main asset of the mini.
2020-6-4
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 08:32

Exactly. I own a mini. I love my mini for what it is. I would love to see AT on the mini but they didn't develop it with the necessary features to support it so asking for something that isn't possible is silly. Don't hate someone for simply telling you why it isn't possible. They could probably throw something together using the boxing they use for Quickshots but it would no doubt be underwhelming and have trouble maintaining focus on the subject. A crappy AT is basically useless... even the Spark and other drones can lose sight of subjects easily. More recent drones have a lot better technology to support the feature. I saw the MA2 dodge branches like a boss... if you truly want that feature just buy a drone that has it. If you can't afford the price increase then you are out of luck unfortunately. You get what you pay for... especially in DJI drones.
2020-6-4
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 09:52
Ok this is what I was able to pull of in 20 mins, fastest I can do. I am going to implement forums and maybe vlogs in time.@fans1cafe718 You can always apply with a resume to our site as a Mod xD

https://mavicminifan.wixsite.com/mavicminiactivetrack

Good work...hope them cry-babies migrate to ur site bud
What a relief...duh!
2020-6-4
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-4 13:40
Good work...hope them cry-babies migrate to ur site bud
What a relief...duh!

Aaah I see you bought the Mavic Air 2. Congrats on that too!!
For more info pls check;
www.woossiesscanthandleminiactivetrackcausetheypayedformavicair2.com
2020-6-4
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 12:26
Which phantom 3 has AT?

Maybe he should get his facts straight before blurting out nonsense.. heh
2020-6-4
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 13:54
Aaah I see you bought the Mavic Air 2. Congrats on that too!!
For more info pls check;
www.woossiesscanthandleminiactivetrackcausetheypayedformavicair2.com

I actually cancelled...got a Fimi X8 SE 2020 instead...

...eat ur heart out...pffft...lol
2020-6-4
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-4 14:05
I actually cancelled...got a Fimi X8 SE 2020 instead...

...eat ur heart out...pffft...lol

Noooo I faiiiileed ahahah. Wp dear sir. Touche.

Oh and @ 22340179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=dnYjLoo_aKc&feature=emb_title(Here it shows how DJI Phantom 3 has active track) I have no clue nor an idea about phantom. Just took me 2 seconds to google it and voila.

So maybe not through a DJI app but through lets say a

Litchi Fly App Its possible to integrate a mavic mini active track. I remember someone mention it in this topic.(or some topic relative)
Maybe we are in the wrong platform. Maybe we need to discuss a pay to gain type of app plugin for the active track.
Hell Id pay for that attribute rn if it were to be a presale.

Edit:
Doing far more research I have came across the Mini SDK delayed release in this thread. https://forum.dji.com/thread-205755-1-1.html
I was planning on maybe fiddling with the sdk myself. But as there is no approx time it will come out. I am out of options even from litchi or equilevant app creators.
Its all up to dji from this point.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 14:10

Oh and @ 22340179

Again wrong, you already have better than that on the mini. That drone stays in one position while you run around in circles it doesn’t follow you except from a fixed position.
2020-6-4
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Flokichan Posted at 6-4 14:10

Oh and @ 22340179

Get a license dude...why is it that hard in ur Turkey country...???
2020-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JM.REYES Posted at 6-3 12:52
With all my respect. I am getting tired of reading people who say that it does not have sensors, or that if you want active tracking that you buy a higher range. And I say: My Phantom 3 Advanced does NOT HAVE SENSORS, but it does have active tracking and I have NEVER missed the SENSORS, because there is no better "sensor" than the pilot's prudence. I also say, there are on the market, MUCH CHEAPER deons WITH THIS FEATURE, but none with the quality of DJI, nor do I want a more expensive DJI, because ALL THESE, weigh more than 250g. Please, it seems that there are people who even upset that this feature is heard by the MINI, but whether or not they want to recognize it, it is a VIABLE AND NECESSARY feature.

The Phantom 3 Advanced NEVER had active tracking. It had 'follow me' where the remote and the drone would tether and the drone would follow the remote being carried for as long as the connection remained. Which is why you had to hold the remote whilst being followed by the drone and it was very unreliable and a gimmick.

Active Track is a totally separate intelligent flight mode which was first introduced on the original Phantom 4 and replaced follow me which is now an obsolete flight mode not used on any of the drones today and for good reason. The fact you even think follow me and active track are the same thing shows you have no understanding of what is required for active track to actually work. How can you state that something is VIABLE AND NECESSARY when 1. you have never bought a drone that actually has it and 2. you clearly do not even know what it is and what hardware is required for it to function...
2020-6-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

You should have left out the "we dont".. Becaues you have many people here with a rather strange mindset, who will vote for no. Even when they dont care at all, because "it has no avoidance"..

And as someone else wrote: We have Return-to-home without any avoidance sensor, but thats fine because of what??
Same with the pre-defined quickshots.

There having no avoidance sensor is NO problem at all. But for active track, it suddenly is...
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

thE29 Posted at 6-5 01:36
You should have left out the "we dont".. Becaues you have many people here with a rather strange mindset, who will vote for no. Even when they dont care at all, because "it has no avoidance"..

And as someone else wrote: We have Return-to-home without any avoidance sensor, but thats fine because of what??

Rth is pre defined by the operator, he can insure it’s safe and should, if ha doesn’t then it’s his error, normal flying has no OA and that’s allowed because again it’s the responsibility of the operator.
2020-6-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 01:53
Rth is pre defined by the operator, he can insure it’s safe and should, if ha doesn’t then it’s his error, normal flying has no OA and that’s allowed because again it’s the responsibility of the operator.

What?

RTH is only the height pre-definied. Thats it.. No route or anything. The drone can still crash in many things.

Also it can trigger automatically (remote DC or remote battery empty).

So why is it for 1 point the "operators fault, if RTH height was not high enough", but "active track would be DJI fault, when the drone crashes".

And who is at fault for any quickshot crashes? Probably the operator..
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

thE29 Posted at 6-5 02:59
What?

RTH is only the height pre-definied. Thats it.. No route or anything. The drone can still crash in many things.

I’m totally convinced you know little about drones. “RTH is only predefined height”

RTH Is gps operated and continually being programmed to return to its homepoint defined by the recorded gps position at homepoint. Once RTH is programmed correctly by operator and craft is flying in correct environment, it will not crash, unless malfunction of craft.

AT is automatic mode not controlled by operator , it is programmed to follow a person mostly from close range , in introducing AT safety measure OA was also introduced to drone to protect person being tracked. All other “proper” drone manufacturers operate same system. Think about it why would dji risk their reputation of safety in drones for no gain. Your argument is futile and has fallen on deaf ears and it’s only ignorance that refuses to see what is very obvious.

Quickshots is an automatic program that is programmed to start and finish at particular points.
2020-6-5
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

USS ENTERPRISE Posted at 6-4 06:27
MA drone        https://youtu.be/j16DQ6iZk_c

Uh... what does this video have to do with this topic??
2020-6-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-5 04:26
Uh... what does this video have to do with this topic??

He's just spamming his video, you'll find it in 3 other threads that have nothing to do with it.

@thE29
"What?
Also it can trigger automatically (remote DC or remote battery empty).
So why is it for 1 point the "operators fault, if RTH height was not high enough", but "active track would be DJI fault, when the drone crashes".
And who is at fault for any quickshot crashes? Probably the operator..
"

The Operator
is responsible for the entire flight regardless of what you are doing in said flight, it's Your Job to know how the drone operates. If you know the drone will take a Straight Line back to home then it's Your Job as the Pilot to operate in a safe sanction. IE If the drone were to RTH it will be clear of all obstacles in it's return path.

@hallmark007
"I’m totally convinced you know little about drones. “RTH is only predefined height”

RTH Is gps operated and continually being programmed to return to its homepoint defined by the recorded gps position at homepoint. Once RTH is programmed correctly by operator and craft is flying in correct environment, it will not crash, unless malfunction of craft.
"

Can you read the post before replying with nonsense that doesn't actually help in any way to the person you are talking to.

He's saying that if he flew around a flag pole and the drone were to RTH it won't know to avoid the flag pole on it's return flight, but this is where I agree with you that it's his responsibility to ensure a safe flight path in the event of RTH. IE Ensuring no obstacles stand in the way of it's flight path.

This is what it comes down to, the drone is a DJI Starter. It's got a nice camera but all of the "Smart Features" are locked because it's a "Starter Class" drone as said by DJI. Actually their words were "Entry Level" but same same. They are not going to add these extra features to a drone they class as beginner, from the beginning DJI has gimped the mini, same camera as the spark and other drones but they opted to put a smaller heat sink on the mini which renders 4k impossible. Why would they add a smaller heat sink if they didn't INTEND for the mini to be what it is.  

You can buy a "Base Model/Work Truck" for X price, it's not going to come with any of the luxury features from the "Economy Line", IE IF you want more features you have to pay for them, again nothing changes about the truck just having to pay more to have features included in what's already built. So when you get mad that your Base doesn't come with the backup camera that's Your Fault for not buying the model that has it included, I understand that You think it's as simple as pluging it in but that's not the case.

We know the SDK is hopefully coming in July, the mini has person detect and can keep objects centered in the frame, that's it folks. The SDK Could allow litche to add active track but as another member has commented if the drone doesn't already have it, the SDK isn't going to enabled it. What Litche and other companies can do with the SDK is develop there own "Quick Shots". Example is a straight line flight of 100, 250, 500 feet and it will keep whatever in the center of frame. It will appear to be "following you" but it will simply be a per-programed flight. I hope to at least see a Spotlight mode of some kind but only after the SDK comes out will we know what's possible or not.
2020-6-5
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-5 06:27
He's just spamming his video, you'll find it in 3 other threads that have nothing to do with it.

@thE29

Maybe you should read answers before you spew your drivel.

If he flew around a flagpole drone wouldn’t know so in danger of hitting pole. You speak such rubbish go read what I wrote I’ll explain again.

Operator sets Rth his responsibility to set at correct height for environment he is flying in. If he doesn’t set for flagpole “HIS RESPONSIBILITY “ Why is that so difficult to understand.

If craft goes around flag pole looses signal, “craft procedure “ rise to set Rth height if less than flagpole operator error. Now before you say I didn’t read go back and read what I said.
2020-6-5
Use props
Flokichan
lvl.3

Turkey

My Post Got locked for too much editing I guess..
Re.
My friend, its not about Turkey. No one ever is going to ask if my drone is registered unless I kill someone with it. In gobbleland things are a little bit loose and you can solve basically these type of things with people(1on1) connections/conversations.

I'm talking about when I'm about to travel. The 250 grams is essential. Just read all my posts regarding to this topic and you shall see, I actually have a point.

@thE29 gets my point.
@hallmark007 I'm not even bothering anymore. Speaking to a wall at least has an echo.
@ABeardedItalian All his points are actually spot on except, active track is not something some drone has it in as a hardware.Edit: Maybe I am wrong cause I have seen a few peoples projects with arducopter integration. Maybe its needed in order to implement it. Cant say nothing until the sdk and I have no experience in drone programming. If someone more adequate would give us some info regarding the issue it would be amazing..
Its a total programmable/implementable feature. The only thing we should consider regarding this issue is
when they stripped this drone in development to aim 249gr. Did they strip computing capabilities.
Is computing capabilities the sole reason that quickshot centering is also not very precise. If so can we use the follow me mode(as in following the RC at a designated height/distance) be workaround.
Tbh Tanjent of gimbal angle with height and distance will give you the approx distance to the point and you can rotate around that point with gps. "Theoretically." But its maybe hard to implement and they just use pixel tracking. And the computing power cant handle that revolving/tracking per se.

2020-6-5
Use props
Floki Chan
lvl.3

Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 07:16

If he flew around a flagpole drone wouldn’t know so in danger of hitting pole. You speak such rubbish go read what I wrote I’ll explain again.

Dear Sir, I believe I owe you an apology, and words like talking to a wall etc was very hostile of me. I have just saw your post regarding the ages of DJI users and I came across to the fact that we have 3 generations between us. I have been not understanding nor friendly through this conversation because I thought you were my equilivant. I have been taught to respect my elders as a tradition. So if you consider asking why/how it is possible to implement the active tracking with the mavic mini I would be more than happy to explain why/how it is possible what are the constraints restraints etc. with patience.
I feel ashamed for losing my empathy.
I hope you do not misassume my kindness for weakness. <3
2020-6-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 07:16

Again clueless as ever...

He can set the RTH to whatever height he wants, the drone fly's in a straight path back to it's home point.

If he flew around and object and it's taller then his RTH the drone will fly straight into it. This is what he was saying to you.

This is why I said it's His Responsibility to Ensure A Clear Path beforehand because using RTH, the drone doesn't follow the original flight path. It climbs to the User Set Height and takes a Straight Line Path back to the home point Regardless of what obstacles you might of flown around. Say you took off from a park and flew around an apartment building, the drone will fly straight into that building unless you have set the RTH high enough to clear otherwise it's about the Pilot Knowing He Has A Clear Path To Home beforehand. IE don't fly around a building if your RTH isn't set high enough, it's his responsibility to KNOW THIS.
2020-6-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Flokichan Posted at 6-5 07:31
My Post Got locked for too much editing I guess..
Re.
My friend, its not about Turkey. No one ever is going to ask if my drone is registered unless I kill someone with it. In gobbleland things are a little bit loose and you can solve basically these type of things with people(1on1) connections/conversations.

This is what I was saying when I was talking about the smaller heatsink.

It has a strong enough processor to active track, it's camera can produce raw and shoot in 4k. It's the smaller heatsink that prevents the use of 4k on the camera, and it's the smaller memory that prevents the mini from computing larger tasks, and it's the programing that prevents raw output.

All of these were done intentionally by DJI, so if DJI wanted the mini to have these features they would have used a Larger Heatsink on the camera, would of used larger memory to store more code, they would of program the drone to output raw.

Instead they Specifically left out these features, chose hardware that hinders full performance, and sell's you a product they think is "Sufficient" for this class of drone.
2020-6-5
Use props
Floki Chan
lvl.3

Turkey

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-5 09:24
This is what I was saying when I was talking about the smaller heatsink.

It has a strong enough processor to active track, it's camera can produce raw and shoot in 4k. It's the smaller heatsink that prevents the use of 4k on the camera, and it's the smaller memory that prevents the mini from computing larger tasks, and it's the programing that prevents raw output.

I actually had no idea about it being capable of raw and 4k. Can you confirm this by any source? If you could it would be nice. If not its not our topic anyways so its ok.
Out of that to all your points I agree.

Buuut) I still think if spark is able so is the mini. Yes as years go by tech also improves, so in particular it doesn't mean losing weight makes the mini lose "all the computing performance". Maybe just a slight bit. And I believe that "slight" should be slight enough to add an active tracking/rc follow mode.
But as I repeat again we cant say anything nor assume until sdk release date.

Dji! I dont want to pull my hovering drone with a string attached behind my back like a balloon holding 15yo just to get some footage (which is also a workaround) : )))
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-5 09:16
Again clueless as ever...

He can set the RTH to whatever height he wants, the drone fly's in a straight path back to it's home point.

Again your as thick as two planks, set your RTH higher than all obstacles, what makes you think that the flagpole is not going to be an obstacle, any thing in your flying environment particularly obstacles of height should be considered before flying.
I’m amazed that you have such little grasp of this. Again read what I’ve said about preparing to fly . And you’ll discover he can go around any obstacle under any obstacle and they won’t effect his Rth once he has set parameters correctly, this includes ALL FLAGPOLES....
9E489614-3C80-41D2-AD54-B7548B789A7B.jpeg
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules