MA2 Batteries discharge heat question
432 6 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MA62-Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208150 ft
United States

Read manual and now understand MA2 batteries will protect themselves by discharging.   Manual states it is normal to feel moderate heat from batteries while they are discharging.  My question, will batteries stored in the bag, that comes with the DJI - Mavic Air 2 Drone Fly More Combo, be a fire hazard?  
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MA62-Fly. Thank you for reaching out. It would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ion=0&vid=31301
2020-6-2
Use props
Soybean Farmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 00:25
Hello there MA62-Fly. Thank you for reaching out. It would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-battery-safe-bag?from=search-result-v2&position=0&vid=31301

thank you very much for the help .  I just unboxed my MA2 here tonight.  excited about my upgrade from the Mini to the MA2.  
2020-6-3
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

While a battery bag is definitely a good idea for storing and even charging batteries, the self discharge will not generate enough heat to cause a problem if it occurs inside the Fly More Combo bag.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Soybean Farmer Posted at 6-3 20:53
thank you very much for the help .  I just unboxed my MA2 here tonight.  excited about my upgrade from the Mini to the MA2.

Hi there Soybean Farmer. You are very much welcome and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with your new DJI drone or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-6-4
Use props
Soybean Farmer
lvl.1
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 6-3 22:36
While a battery bag is definitely a good idea for storing and even charging batteries, the self discharge will not generate enough heat to cause a problem if it occurs inside the Fly More Combo bag.

thank you.
2020-6-4
Use props
Soybean Farmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-4 01:47
Hi there Soybean Farmer. You are very much welcome and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with your new DJI drone or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help and support you.

Got my first flight this morning with my MA2 and that thing ROCKS!  So glad I took the Mini back.    Thanks again for the help.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules