MAVIC AIR 2 - Activation Error and Returns - results (0xffe)
1711 8 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digison08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128009 ft
United States

So many of you know that DJI wants you to send the drone back to the retailer you bought your Mavic Air 2 from if you get ERROR 0xffe while trying to activate drone to your binding account. This is a pain in the arse especially after paying hard earned money . Not to mention, having to learn there are steps to take when charging batteries, but that is a story for another topic...(I will update this forum with the results on my end until i receive a working unit.)
So ERROR CODE 0xffe.
  • *Recieved Error trying to activate drone with full battery through DJI fly App. Tried using Assistant 2 after the issue. Nothing worked.
  • DJI support solution said to return drone to retailer for replacement. I asked for replacement through my retailer.
  • *I bought mine from APPLE, where did you buy your DUD?
  • *Did you get a replacement?   Mine is going through fedex pickup ,back to apple, then they send replacement
  • *Did the replacement have the same issue with the error code?
  • *How long did the replacement process take for you until you recieved your replacement?
  • *Did you advize the retailer that this an issue with many of the Mavic Air 2 drones on the  market and that they should contact DJI and confirm the stock they have are not duds  before shipping (confirming all stock serial numbers ) ?   
  • *How long did it take to get your replacement?
  • *Did you find a workaround that worked to bypass the activation error ?

2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi digison08, we apologize to read you have the same activation issue, hope you will get the replacement drone soon. If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you.
2020-6-4
Use props
digison08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128009 ft
United States

UPDATE: APPLE immediatley sent replacement unit via fedex the next day and it only took 2 days , including the day I scheduled a pickup for return.
The new unit is working and activated! Good to go
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_du65sh6dA4lS
New

Australia

I also Got his issue.
2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

digison08 Posted at 6-4 12:44
UPDATE: APPLE immediatley sent replacement unit via fedex the next day and it only took 2 days , including the day I scheduled a pickup for return.

Glad to know that, hope you enjoy flying.
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please also PM me the serial number of the drone? I will help check.
2020-6-7
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

digison08 Posted at 6-4 12:44
UPDATE: APPLE immediatley sent replacement unit via fedex the next day and it only took 2 days , including the day I scheduled a pickup for return.

Always buy from Apple. They  value  and appreciate  their customers.
Happy flying,!
2020-6-7
Use props
Lada Denisova
lvl.1

Russia

Having the same issue here in Russia =/ SN 1WNBH4A002019M
Could anyone tell me if it's OBLIGATORY for the retailer to replace such drone? The point is that they are pulling my leg for a week already since I brought it back to them. They say they have to check the drone...
2020-7-7
Use props
tgpaulson
New

United States

So I'm new, looking over reviews and researching, thinking Mavic Pro2 is the way to go then I see this... 0xffe Error Code - has this been addressed? Or is a % of the buyers all subject to roulette of inventory and one that might work or one that needs to be replaced...
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules