Registration with FAA
1023 11 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soybean Farmer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208150 ft
United States

Just tonight unboxed my Mavic Air 2.  I think from all I have read I must register with the FAA at this site address:

https://drone-registration.net/product/drone-registration-form/

Have I got this figured out correctly?   

2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air. Registration, laws and regulations regarding UAVs or drones can vary widely depending on location. I hope that you will get the best informtion from our DJI co pilots who bought the DJI Mavic Air 2. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can check some information on Registering Your DJI Drone in the U.S.: What You Need To Know ( https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... at-you-need-to-know ). I hope this can help you and thank you for your support.
2020-6-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No ... that's a scam site trying to separate you from your $$
Go to the actual FAA site instead and make sure you go for recreational registration, not 107.

https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/
2020-6-3
Use props
Soybean Farmer
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-3 23:24
No ... that's a scam site trying to separate you from your $$
Go to the actual FAA site instead and make sure you go for recreational registration, not 107.

Thank you very much for helping me.  I just finished with the simple registration process and have my registration number now.  We have a really cool label maker at work that will put black letters and numbers on a clear very sticky film I can use to make the label for my MA2.   Got my first flight this morning with my MA2 and that thing ROCKS!  So glad I took the Mini back.    Thanks again for the help.
2020-6-4
Use props
Soybean Farmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 21:51
Hello there. Congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air. Registration, laws and regulations regarding UAVs or drones can vary widely depending on location. I hope that you will get the best informtion from our DJI co pilots who bought the DJI Mavic Air 2. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can check some information on Registering Your DJI Drone in the U.S.: What You Need To Know ( https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/registering-your-dji-drone-what-you-need-to-know ). I hope this can help you and thank you for your support.

thank you very much
2020-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lab is right. Just go for the recreational (not 107) registration. I found the FAA site to be confusing about which I needed. Cheap as dirt isn't it? I just used a extra fine tip Magic marker to put  the reg number and my phone number (not required) on the rear...and inside the battery compartment.
2020-6-4
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Also, if you are a recreational flyer and own multiple drones, you can use the same registration number for all of them.
2020-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 6-4 20:30
Also, if you are a recreational flyer and own multiple drones, you can use the same registration number for all of them.

Yep, I have also two Mini's overloaded with ridiculous options and made sure to mark them as well;-)
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Soybean Farmer. You are very much welcome. If you have any other inquires or concerns with your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-5
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

So if I already have an FAA registration number from a previous drone, do I have to register my new MA2???  Or just label the new one with my old number.
2020-6-5
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

You can use the number you already have if you are a recreational pilot.
2020-6-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rustic17 Posted at 6-5 20:24
So if I already have an FAA registration number from a previous drone, do I have to register my new MA2???  Or just label the new one with my old number.

So if I already have an FAA registration number from a previous drone, do I have to register my new MA2???
You never registered your previous drone.
You registered yourself as a drone owner.
Recreational registration is good for as many drones as you own.
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules