FPV Goggles not entering bind mode?
9902 19 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomas V
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

I'm looking to bind my FPV Goggles and Controller to a second Air Unit. The first one is fine and running well.

I'm running into an oddity though, the Goggles don't seem to enter bind mode as far as I can tell.

Here are the steps I'm following:
  • Action: Power on the air unit, goggles, and remote controller.
  • Action: Press the link button on the goggles.
    Expected response: goggles will start to beep continually.
  • Action: Press the link button on the air unit when the linking status indicator  is solid green.
    Expected response: The indicator will turn solid red when the air unit is  ready to link.

At step two, the response from the goggles is a single beep at the moment I press the button. I've tried a short press, and longer presses powering the system off between tries. I always get a single beep.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there something I could check, change or do to get it to act as it should?

Configurations etc:
  • Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.05.00
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.00.05.00
  • Documentation checked: DJI FPV User Manual v1.2

Thanks.

2020-6-4
Use props
Sam
lvl.1

United States

Yes today when I tried to fix the image transmission on my goggles
2020-6-4
Use props
Thomas V
lvl.1
Netherlands

Sam@sampostcreative.com Posted at 6-4 15:16
Yes today when I tried to fix the image transmission on my goggles

Same symptoms? Did you manage to fix it?
2020-6-4
Use props
Sam
lvl.1

United States

Thomas V Posted at 6-4 21:44

Nah not yet waiting on hearing from DJI too
2020-6-5
Use props
Sam
lvl.1

United States

Thomas V Posted at 6-4 21:44

Not yet and waiting on DJI
2020-6-5
Use props
Thomas V
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, I resolved the issue, or rather it got resolved. It just took more tries, and more tedious tries. But finally for no apparent reason I finally heard the magical continous beeping sound. I guess it goes to show that the "definition of insanity [...]" doesn't always apply.
2020-6-6
Use props
uomobionico
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I pressed the button twice in a row and the bip bip started and binding was successful.

Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.05.00
Goggles Firmware: v01.00.05.00
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_psfuqw9rsSVA
lvl.1

United States

Yes double click. You may have to double click several times.
2020-9-17
Use props
djiuser_UW8ql1j6yLA6
lvl.1

United States

So, same issue......
even switched out the flight controllers to see.
Same issue..

As soon as battery is plugged in, it’s automatically green, & that’s the only color I get.
Any help?

Diatone Roma f5
Mamba f405 MK2 DJI

I feel like I’ve tried everything.

Thanks..
Hal
2021-1-26
Use props
Blenderhead
lvl.1

United States

Got my V2s yesterday and am experiencing the same thing.  When I press the link button I get nothing.  No beep, no sound, no nothing.   Have to send to DJI for repair....fml
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_nrobg2PEuyw6
New
Thailand

Same frkin issue... doesn't enter into binding mode... sigh.
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_MqLq2JkBLMmR
New

United States

double click seems to work
2021-3-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had a similar issue with V2 goggles, cycling the power sorted it out, sounds like a firmware glitch rather than a physical problem,.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_zkrmiYqXgroe
New

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-9 00:54
Just had a similar issue with V2 goggles, cycling the power sorted it out, sounds like a firmware glitch rather than a physical problem,.

double clicking the bind button worked for me
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_SoQY3QI7u2lk
New

Canada

Took me way to long to find this post that completely solved my binding problem with a simple double click - after searching countless times and finding videos that  show just a single click and bind.

Thank-you to the folks in this thread that figured this out.

VERY annoying and quite frustrating on DJI's part that this information is not more available.
2021-12-21
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_SoQY3QI7u2lk Posted at 2021-12-21 08:55
Took me way to long to find this post that completely solved my binding problem with a simple double click - after searching countless times and finding videos that  show just a single click and bind.

Thank-you to the folks in this thread that figured this out.

That there's no documentation, nor the firmware update release notes only always contain the version number and NOTHING ELSE THAT CHANGED?

Shocked, I tell you. I'm shocked.

Goggles v2 - firmware v01.02.0020
Caddix Vista - latest firmware today

Cannot bind.    Then the goggles decided to slip into DJI FPV mode. The one without the menu option to switch back.   Really cannot bind.   fml.
2022-1-4
Use props
Turbomania
lvl.1

United States

Double click worked for me as well.
2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_P2MMMJHez7Qc
lvl.1
United States

When I double clicked the bind button on DJI goggle, I get a continuous beeping that doesn't stop, (even after 45 seconds).  After the light on the Vista air unit turned green, I pressed the bind button and the light turns red but remained red the whole time.  
Anyone has a fix for continuous beeping from the goggle?
2022-9-29
Use props
Mavricko
New

France

Hi Guys, Did you solved the issue??? I cannot get the beep sound or what ever with the bind button
2022-11-4
Use props
Neuroro
New

France

Mavricko Posted at 2022-11-4 09:15
Hi Guys, Did you solved the issue??? I cannot get the beep sound or what ever with the bind button

Hi, if you're like me:

- First drone: had to bouble tap the bind button for having the goggles in binding mode.

- Second drone: Don't work anymore, no sound whatever I tried. In fact, double tap still worked but the goggles no longer makes the characteristic sound, but the binding mode is activated in fact. Try to bind it anyway even if you don't get the sound.
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules