• >>>
United Kingdom

A video on how to Use ND filters on your drone:

2020-6-5
Use props
Floki Chan
lvl.3

Turkey

Very Explanatory. Love it. Actually am gonna buy an nd pack after your video!!
2020-6-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan Posted at 6-5 10:30
Very Explanatory. Love it. Actually am gonna buy an nd pack after your video!!

Glad it helped you!
2020-6-5
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing. There has been other examples of using ND filters yours has been added to my Mini tutor favorites well done. Always looking to give my Mini my video power.
2020-6-6
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Informative video!  Thank you
2020-6-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

A good video, but to apply ND filters you need to understand photography, and this is a whole science!
And the Mavic Mini is a drone where the vast majority of users are satisfied with the Auto mode, so the CPL will be more than enough for them!
2020-6-6
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 6-6 21:31
A good video, but to apply ND filters you need to understand photography, and this is a whole science!
And the Mavic Mini is a drone where the vast majority of users are satisfied with the Auto mode, so the CPL will be more than enough for them!

So how do people begin to learn?
2020-6-6
Use props
AxxN.RR
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Wow..  explained very well and calmly..  saw some vids on this matter, guys were rushing through..  making it difficult to get the point thoroughly... Good post dear, Thanks for sharing.
2020-6-6
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

It would be great if we could find an app on the phone which could, by using the phone camera tell regarding to luminosity which would be the greatest filter to use regarding to the conditions instead of testing each filter one by one.
It searched on iphone app store and didn't find anything available. Polar proposed something like this in 2017 but it is not available anymore.
2020-6-6
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Francoisd Posted at 6-6 23:35
It would be great if we could find an app on the phone which could, by using the phone camera tell regarding to luminosity which would be the greatest filter to use regarding to the conditions instead of testing each filter one by one.
It searched on iphone app store and didn't find anything available. Polar proposed something like this in 2017 but it is not available anymore.

Once you have a base level or reference  for your filter set you can pretty much get it spot on every time.
For example, today its Overcast Dull day in UK so it would be an- ND 8

2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SLiWooDy. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this very informative video. This video will be very useful to our DJI co pilots. Again great work and thank you for your support.
2020-6-8
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 02:36
Hello there SLiWooDy. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this very informative video. This video will be very useful to our DJI co pilots. Again great work and thank you for your support.

Thank you Stephen
2020-6-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got a pack of ND filters for my MM. I really didn't think they were necessary. While they really aren't necessary, they do make a difference in video and photography. Especially in the post department. I find it much easier to brighten a project than to tone it down, especially if the subject or other objects are so bright that they get blown out. But this is something new to me and I'll have to learn which ones to use when and such. I played around today with ND16 and shot a little video while on lunch. Compared it to other videos I had shot with similar lighting and it made a considerable difference. Was it totally necessary? No, I could pay attention to my environment and fly accordingly, but using the filter made it to where I could focus more on filming the subject rather than paying attention to how things looked and my flying at the same time.
2020-6-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very on point - good work
2020-6-8
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I hate putting them on. I always worry I will damage the gimbal. I tried long exposure on some waves breaking on the rocks at the beach and while it works it's not anything mind blowing. The CPL works ok and you can see through the water more than when you shoot without it.
2020-6-8
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Very clear explanation, thankyou.
2020-6-8
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Informative video!
2020-6-9
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 6-9 01:15
Informative video!

Thanks ! glad you enjoyed.
2020-6-9
Use props
Zen Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 981 ft
Romania

Excellent lesson, thank you!
2020-6-9
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zen Fly Posted at 6-9 03:42
Excellent lesson, thank you!

No problem.
2020-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there SLiWooDy. You are very much welcome and if you have any concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good find!
2020-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Although I don't fully agree with the message.
I fly without them 95% of the time and I'm fine with that
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules