Mavic Mini hover issue and crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holistic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14054511 ft
United States

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post on here and unfortunately it's not a positive one. I was out flying the mini and suddenly noticed it was oddly going in randon directions. Like moving from back left forward right up down etc. I then decided to stop flying it because i felt uneasy about it and thought i would re-calibrate the compass and the IMU. After doing that the problem persisted, i then decided to take it into my house and see if it would hover in my house for some reason.. i did a manual takeoff in my living room and it hovered for about 25-30 seconds then SUDDENLY started moving backwards crashing into my wall. LUCKILY! nothing was damaged and nothing broken.. so. im here to ask the people of this forum if you guys have experienced issues like this and if so, if or how you got around them. i have the flight logs which showed no input from the controller when it crashed. Thank you!
2020-6-5
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I had this exact same issue on my Spark. Did it say “Compass error exit/exiting gps mode?” If so, try to recalibrate the compass. Do it away from metal and interference. There is another thing to try. You can read about it here. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213603 Look at tips 2, 3, 5, and 6. They are good things to try.
2020-6-5
Use props
Holistic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14054511 ft
United States

Sparkflier Posted at 6-5 19:23
I had this exact same issue on my Spark. Did it say “Compass error exit/exiting gps mode?” If so, try to recalibrate the compass. Do it away from metal and interference. There is another thing to try. You can read about it here. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213603 Look at tips 2, 3, 5, and 6. They are good things to try.

Hm, i don't exactly remember what it said due to me panicing over what had just happend. We had 0 metal objects in the room around us and nothing obstructing view of the drone. It wen't full force into our wall for no reason. Thanks for the help man!
2020-6-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

The drone is obviously unsafe and you would be wise to return it to your supplier for repair or replacement.
Inside your home, you probably had no GPS signal and it would naturally drift and get drawn to walls.
As a bit of light relief and a demonstration of what happens when you fly in confined spaces.
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules