Update 1.1.4 problems experienced
1365 8 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Hi all, updated to Fly App 1.1.4, Each time I land the drone I have to update the compass prior to talking off again - When the drone gets to eighty meters in height the RC looses connection - When I fly the MM 300 meters away from me at 50 meters height the RC looses connection - I have also found that on the App it sometimes will ot allow me to change between camera and video mode - Will not allow me to take pics by pressing the shutter button on the App - Another thing I have found but not sure if its my imagination,  it appears when the drone decendes it appears to now come in as if it is in Sport mode - With version 1.1.2 I could fly to 130 meters in height and 600 meters away without problems (No video or RC loss) and the compass hardly ever required calibration on take off.

Please note I do 99% of my flying from the same loactaion and have never had these problems before.
2020-6-7
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1126345 ft
Italy

hello to me too after the update to 1.1.4 with the mavic mini, after 5 minutes of flight it gives me the same problem, it tells me that the remote control is not connected on the phone
2020-6-7
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

creazionivideo Posted at 6-7 07:53
hello to me too after the update to 1.1.4 with the mavic mini, after 5 minutes of flight it gives me the same problem, it tells me that the remote control is not connected on the phone

Wait for more replies in this regard and then I will look at the option of going back to Version 1.1.2
2020-6-7
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

I experienced the same problem with RC disconnect and I thought it was something with the cable between the phone and RC. Good part is that the RC is under control. Problem arises when it is outside your LOS.

Glad to understand now it is more SW related rather than HW.
2020-6-7
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

For the disconnection it isn't clear to me what kind of problem you're experiencing. Still if you get even AC not connected to RC could still be a bad USB OTG cable, and I know this from personal experience w/ Fly app notices.
If you're experiencing trouble w/ dregraded frequency performance once in flight you should consider using MANUAL frequency and channel selection, 5.8 GHz is usually best in cities and populated places.

If your compass needs frequent calibrations you either travel a lot (further from the last place used) or you're being affected by magnetic field diversion from when you power up your drone and where you take off and ascend (most likely since you assert " I do 99% of my flying from the same loactaion"), neither of which we can know if it's right. I suggest you power up your drone clear of any concrete-reinforced structures, roads (they might have piping and ducts under) or other man-made objects, and do a calibration there.

If you can't access Flight MODE changes (P, C, S) or press the RC buttons (picture, video) or use some other soft buttons make sure you didn't turn off the Bluetooth on your Mobile Device or didn't put it into offline mode (airplane mode). I suspect the bug might trigger the error only when one actively changes the status while the app is open, but you should verify the claim.

I think you should also consider your flying height,130m height @ 600m distance is quite a dangerous altitude, beyond vLoS and you may even risk impacting air traffic.

2020-6-8
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

m80116 Posted at 6-8 03:31
For the disconnection it isn't clear to me what kind of problem you're experiencing. Still if you get even AC not connected to RC could still be a bad USB OTG cable, and I know this from personal experience w/ Fly app notices.
If you're experiencing trouble w/ dregraded frequency performance once in flight you should consider using MANUAL frequency and channel selection, 5.8 GHz is usually best in cities and populated places.

Thanks M80116 In regards the height I have a ridge running along my property that is 120 meters high from my take off point so unless we have mad pilots flying around my area they should be above my 130 meters anyway, I am also aware of the problem flying out of line of site at the time I went over 600 meters I was tracking a item and then lost contact with my MM. This is why I know the MM is capable of flying further and higher than I currently get with version 1.1.4
2020-6-8
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had problems with my compass when I updated to 1.1.12. Now i'm on 1.1.13 and i'm not updating anymore.. All the new updates are for the MA2 pretty much anyway and they seem to introduce bugs for the Mini. My advice is find a stable version and stay on it. I won't be updating to 1.1.14.
2020-6-8
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

The system of not updating the app convinces me a little, the news released by Dji are so few that we ignore if various issues are fixed.
I always update.
2020-6-9
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem, but as it is the first time I fly with the Mavic Mini in that location, I thought the message was normal:
Strong signal interference in the current location of the aircraft. Fly carefully (Code: 80015)
Was it then due to this latest update? In time: flying in the same place with Spark that didn't happen.

2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules