GPS Metadata stored in image files
4100 6 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rth_images
lvl.1
Australia

I am trying to ascertain if Mavic 2 Pro sores the GPS metadata in its image files.  I have just spoken to your on-line chat and they said "no".  However, I have read other threads on here that indicate it does.  Which is it?  If it does, is there a setting in the DJI app that I need to enable this feature?  Because my Mavic 2 Pro does not appear to store this info.

2020-6-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Full GPS and altitude data is in the metadata of all the DNGs taken.
2020-6-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi rth_images,

I find gps data in my raw-pictures from my Mavic 2 pro, which I got from the memory card in the drone.

gps.jpg
2020-6-7
Use props
rth_images
lvl.1
Australia

OK thank you.  That means I must be undoing that on my import into Lightroom.  I found where I could have been doing that but wasn't sure if the data was actually there to begin with.  On import, because it is a DNG file, it can't be retrieved after LR bakes in the null field.
2020-6-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

rth_images Posted at 6-7 22:54
OK thank you.  That means I must be undoing that on my import into Lightroom.  I found where I could have been doing that but wasn't sure if the data was actually there to begin with.  On import, because it is a DNG file, it can't be retrieved after LR bakes in the null field.

Works fine here in Lightroom with the DNGs.  Metadata all comes into the database (and exports on the jpg if desired)
2020-6-7
Use props
rth_images
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks - yes, I know where the problem is.  I have a metadata preset which applies on import and I've always had the boxes ticked and today I have discovered that it works in reverse to what I thought!  It has been, in fact, nullifying the data in those fields.  I have corrected the preset so that it imports the data in future.  I just needed confirmation that the data was actually in the file in the first place.
LR Metadata.JPG
2020-6-7
Use props
rth_images
lvl.1
Australia

I thought having those boxes ticked, was telling lightroom to bring the data from the file in but it actually means - DON'T!
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules