1164 5 2020-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauroM1982
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3144642 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, I have stored the batteries of the Mavic AIR 2, for 12 days at 30% charge.

Did I cause harm?
Can I feel comfortable or can I have compromised their life?

Thanks.

MauroM1982
2020-6-9
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

Not too much harm should be caused storing batteries 65% to 30% for that long is ok. Storing them on low battery is not good for them. If you store them on a full charge, they will eventually discharge down to an appropriate voltage.
2020-6-9
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

Not too much harm should be caused storing batteries 65% to 30% for that long is ok. Storing them on low battery is not good for them. If you store them on a full charge, they will eventually discharge down to an appropriate voltage.
2020-6-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd say, you should store around 50%, better. Usually, if stored full, they decharge automaticly after 5 days to about 60% anyway. So storing them for longer is not needing higher charge, anyway. Aside that charging them from 50% to 100% does not need much longer, as to decide: Oh, nice weather, I wanna go fly"
2020-6-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I doubt you have caused much, if any, harm. The sweet spot is 40-60% for this type so, in the future, try to aim for that level.
2020-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MauroM1982. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules