Brand new Mavic mini drone and RC won’t pair, what to do?
7402 12 2020-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

My friend just got a brand new Mavic mini and the drone and RC won’t pair no matter what we tried. He had no sd so we used the as from my Mavic 2 Zoom it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions
2020-6-9
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Might be faulty. Contact DJI.
2020-6-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Reformat the sd card in a pc or try pairing without a sd card in the AC

There is 2 methods to pair the AC and RC

1) via DJI Fly
2) using buttons on the AC and RC

How far did you get with each method ?

2020-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of both the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft and the remote controller and please try to link them once again after this process please unplug and replug the USB cable on the mobile device and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted and thank you.
2020-6-10
Use props
fans41909e10
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 01:10
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of both the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft and the remote controller and please try to link them once again after this process please unplug and replug the USB cable on the mobile device and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted and thank you.

How can you refresh the firmware it's not available since it doesn't connect.
Tried with DJI assistant 2: nothing there either
2020-12-14
Use props
fans41909e10
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 01:10
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refresh the firmware of both the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft and the remote controller and please try to link them once again after this process please unplug and replug the USB cable on the mobile device and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted and thank you.

How can you refresh the firmware it's not available since it doesn't connect.
Tried with DJI assistant 2: nothing there either
2020-12-14
Use props
fans93f94f9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6035262 ft
United Kingdom

I have same problem mini 2 won't bind and when I shut it down it won't turn off just one light flashing
2021-1-17
Use props
weezywayne123
lvl.1

United States

Any updates? Having the same issues
2021-2-25
Use props
alexcol
lvl.1
Colombia

same here???
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_erA3OH0a8F8L
New

United States

Maybe it's because the Mavic Mini is a total rip off!!! It's being marketed as an affordable drone, but you need the most top of the line phone/tablet to work the app (minimum $1, 200). The controllers either aren't, or can't, pair to the aircraft AT ALL! They CAN'T fly without being plugged into a device (phone, tablet, etc.) despite claims to the contrary. This is a money grabbing scheme between DJI and the makers of high end cell phones/tablets. Drones ARE NOT a thing for those of us who make an average income. DJI is simply another evil, greedy corporation who cares nothing for the consumer,,, only the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!!!
2021-4-21
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Maybe it's because the Mavic Mini is a total rip off!!! It's being marketed as an affordable drone, but you need the most top of the line phone/tablet to work the app (minimum $1, 200).

Wrong!.  As I recall, my Android was just under $200 brand new, and I paid less than $100 for the tablet I am using.

They CAN'T fly without being plugged into a device (phone, tablet, etc.) despite claims to the contrary.

Wrong again.  Don't normally do it that way, but you CAN fly without a phone connected at all.  Of course you lose all the phone functions.

The rest is just a rant that does not deserve any response.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_ld8b3P6Vg6RY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87927 ft
India

K6CCC Posted at 4-21 21:11
Maybe it's because the Mavic Mini is a total rip off!!! It's being marketed as an affordable drone, but you need the most top of the line phone/tablet to work the app (minimum $1, 200).

Wrong!.  As I recall, my Android was just under $200 brand new, and I paid less than $100 for the tablet I am using.
Hi
I recently purchased dji mavic mini without knowing it needs some specific phone requirements .Then i saw the dji website where it says so.
Dji fly app is not getting installed on my phone and i tried to connect to the drone without the remote .It did not work.
Is is possible to even connect to the drone for the very first time without the dji app or is something wtong with the drone or the controller ??
2021-7-21
Use props
djiuser_xsoQcd0W91ta
lvl.1

Finland

fans93f94f9b Posted at 1-17 00:48
I have same problem mini 2 won't bind and when I shut it down it won't turn off just one light flashing

Did you find out how to refresh the firmware of the AC even though you can't connect to it via the app?
2021-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules