MA2 First Flight fabulous!
399 19 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I flew my P3A 239 times in the four years I had it – and loved that drone.  Only crashed it twice (stupid mistakes).  
Now I have a MA2 and OMG what a bird this is.  I flew a large park with serious topography so first flew down in the gully, then back to me with never touching the vertical controller.  It flew to me with not a problem up the hill not hitting anything on the way.  Then I tried to hit a phone pole and it just went around it.  Then I flew over 2 miles from me and had no problem with signal! My P3A would “come home” at about .75 miles.  I now will test the following and other features.  I am just amazed.

2020-6-11
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

waiting for your video on youtube!
2020-6-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird.
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback about Mavic Air 2, hope you enjoy flying with it.
2020-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the upgrade.
2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

kiminx Posted at 6-11 20:15
waiting for your video on youtube!

Funny you should ask about that.  The video is terrible.  It has like little skips in it every few seconds.  My P3A video was dead smooth.  I need to check my settings, like frame per second.  What is the best setting to resolve this issue?
2020-6-12
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

bob37 Posted at 6-12 08:42
Funny you should ask about that.  The video is terrible.  It has like little skips in it every few seconds.  My P3A video was dead smooth.  I need to check my settings, like frame per second.  What is the best setting to resolve this issue?

Are you sure you are not looking at cached video instead of the one on SD card?
Skips in video would suggest that you are viewing cached video while you had some signal interference during your flight.
If you are looking at a video recorded on SD card and see skips than you may have a problem.

Mirek  
2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Mirek L Posted at 6-12 08:59
Are you sure you are not looking at cached video instead of the one on SD card?
Skips in video would suggest that you are viewing cached video while you had some signal interference during your flight.
If you are looking at a video recorded on SD card and see skips than you may have a problem.

It is the SD card file.  I will try it again with 60 farms/sec (now is 30).  I will also read the manual regarding the other settings.  I've only had the MA2 for a week, so need to read more!  
2020-6-12
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

bob37 Posted at 6-12 09:08
It is the SD card file.  I will try it again with 60 farms/sec (now is 30).  I will also read the manual regarding the other settings.  I've only had the MA2 for a week, so need to read more!

Make sure that you are using an SD card that is fast enough for writing the MA2’s 120 Mbps.  I have been using a SanDisk Extreme  Card with no problems.
2020-6-12
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

bob37 Posted at 6-12 09:08

OK - if you observe video skipping on the original video from SD card, the chances are that you have chosen (in Camera menu) H.265 codec and that your h/w and s/w cannot keep up with decoding. H.265 decoding is very processor intensive.Check it out. If this is the case - change codec to H.264.
Ramping up fps will make the situation worse. 4K60fps uses H.265 only.

Mirek

2020-6-12
Use props
fansbc0f1fc8
lvl.1
Martinique

Congrats on the new Drone.  
2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 6-12 10:12
Make sure that you are using an SD card that is fast enough for writing the MA2’s 120 Mbps.  I have been using a SanDisk Extreme  Card with no problems.

Just purchased one from Amazon.  Thanks.  Will try it in two days when it arrives.
2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Mirek L Posted at 6-12 10:12
OK - if you observe video skipping on the original video from SD card, the chances are that you have chosen (in Camera menu) H.265 codec and that your h/w and s/w cannot keep up with decoding. H.265 decoding is very processor intensive.Check it out. If this is the case - change codec to H.264.
Ramping up fps will make the situation worse. 4K60fps uses H.265 only.

I am at H.264 and anti-flicker "Auto".  Should it be 50 or 60 Hz?  It is set to MP4 - should it be MOV?  Color is set to "Normal" .  In the front set it is 30 fps, 4K and Normal.  Please advise what the best is.  
2020-6-12
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

bob37 Posted at 6-12 13:14
I am at H.264 and anti-flicker "Auto".  Should it be 50 or 60 Hz?  It is set to MP4 - should it be MOV?  Color is set to "Normal" .  In the front set it is 30 fps, 4K and Normal.  Please advise what the best is.

bob37,

BobWinNV is right. Check your SD card if it is on a lit of DJI supported cards. SanDisk Extreme is good.
If your card is not on the list, you may have an issue. Write speed is very important to support 4K videos.

Your questions are hard to answer becasue there is no such thing as "one size fits all". This is why DJI gave us choices.

But I will attempt to give you few tips in few sentences.

H.264 is a most universal "standard" codec. I use it if I can (you are forced to use H.265 if you record 4K 60fps).
If you have h/w and s/w sufficiently supporting H.265 (newer standard) - use it. If you don't know - stay with H.264.
Files size encoded in H.265 tends to be smaller but decoding H.265 is much more taxing on h/w and s/w and may result in choppy video.

Anitflicker Auto is fine.
50Hz is for countries where power frequency is 50Hz (e.g. Europe), 60Hz for the ones with 60HZ poer frequency (e.g. US).
I would not worry about it - just choose Auto.

30fps versus 60fps depends on what you want to do. I stick to 30fps for more cinematic look, smaller file size and ability to choose H.264 codec.
If you want to slow down your video later (play in slow motion) set it to 60fps.

Color set to Normal is fine. D-Cinelike will provide more capabilities during video postprocessing but if not post-processed colors will be washed out and contrast is low.
I use D-Cinelike becasue I post-process all my videos. If you don't - stick with Normal.

I always choose 4K instead of 1080p. Quality is simply better and it provides opportunity for zooming in with minimal loss in quality in post-processing.

Good luck.

Mirek

2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Mirek L Posted at 6-12 13:35
bob37,

BobWinNV is right. Check your SD card if it is on a lit of DJI supported cards. SanDisk Extreme is good.

That was a great reply!  Thank you.  I copied it into a Word document for future reference.  I ordered an SD card as you suggested and it should arrive in two days (gotta love Amazon).  The one i am using is just one in my drawer of ancient origin.  In a few days i will be able to test the new settings.  This is one great drone for sure!  
2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

I see it was BobWinNV that suggested the Extreme card up in the thread.  Thanks!  
2020-6-12
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

bob37 Posted at 6-12 14:08
I see it was BobWinNV that suggested the Extreme card up in the thread.  Thanks!

You are quite welcome.  I hope that the new card fixes your problems.  Enjoy your new bird.
2020-6-12
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mirek L Posted at 6-12 10:12
OK - if you observe video skipping on the original video from SD card, the chances are that you have chosen (in Camera menu) H.265 codec and that your h/w and s/w cannot keep up with decoding. H.265 decoding is very processor intensive.Check it out. If this is the case - change codec to H.264.
Ramping up fps will make the situation worse. 4K60fps uses H.265 only.

What Mirek said  ;-)

Randy
2020-6-12
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

bob37 Posted at 6-12 14:05
That was a great reply!  Thank you.  I copied it into a Word document for future reference.  I ordered an SD card as you suggested and it should arrive in two days (gotta love Amazon).  The one i am using is just one in my drawer of ancient origin.  In a few days i will be able to test the new settings.  This is one great drone for sure!

One more thing: MP4 envelope is more popular than MOV.
For example Instagram will not take MOV videos but will MP4.
Set your envelope to MP4.

Mirek
2020-6-13
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

New SD extreme card and settings as recommended and video is now smooth and clear.  Thanks all!  
2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules