Timelapse export
1068 3 2020-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarefootBigfoot
lvl.1
United States

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the time-lapse or motion time-lapse not outputting in the 4k@30fps that is stated on the DJI compatibility pdf (link below).  I'm using Osmo Mobile 3 with an iPhone 11 along with the DJI Mimo app.  In the time-lapse setting you can select 4k although once it's done with the time-lapse it outputs only a 1280x720.  For the life of me I can't find anything on the subject on either how to actually have it output in 4k or at least allow the Mimo app output the individual frames so that you can use Lightroom or even Dji Media Maker.

If anyone has found a workaround app like Pro Camera 4.0 Moment or Filmic?  I see Pro Camera 4.0 Moment seems to support exporting in 4k although don't see support for any motion time-lapse but only time-lapse.  

Any info is helpful and thanks in advance.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0116.pdf

2020-6-11
Use props
Bronstig
lvl.1
Netherlands

What app are you exporting from? I use an iPhone XS and have recorded several 4k 30fps time lapses. I use a Mac, so I usually either AirDrop the video from Photos on my iPhone or I wait for the file to sync over iCloud and then export from Photos on my Mac. If I used a Windows PC I'd probably share the file to Dropbox from iOS Photos.
2020-6-19
Use props
BarefootBigfoot
lvl.1
United States

Bronstig Posted at 6-19 02:37
What app are you exporting from? I use an iPhone XS and have recorded several 4k 30fps time lapses. I use a Mac, so I usually either AirDrop the video from Photos on my iPhone or I wait for the file to sync over iCloud and then export from Photos on my Mac. If I used a Windows PC I'd probably share the file to Dropbox from iOS Photos.

I'm using the DJI Mimo app.  Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been.  As soon as the time-lapse is done doing it's thing the time-lapse that resides in the iPhone photos is a 1280x720 version.  I can't find any settings within the Mimo app that allows for 4k output (even though it's selected prior to starting the time-lapse).  

I've downloaded the Moment app since posting this and it does a fantastic job outputting in 4k although you lose the ability to do a motion time-lapse which stinks still.  One of the big reasons to purchase the Oslo Mobile 3.  
2020-6-22
Use props
Cruiseman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I shot a 3 second timelapse on my Android phone in Mimo and it looks and plays fine on the phone, but I have been unable to export it to a thumb drive or Dropbox. The exported file just displays solid black.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules