I'm genuinely amazed by the shortcomings of the Osmo Action
919 5 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

So the minimum focus distance on the DJI Osmo Action is a genuine problem and I see a whole lot of nothing about it. It's a fixed focus lens with no autofocus ability. I've been a photographer for some time and used manual+autofocus lenses on various sensor sizes.

The lens is set to infinity because DJI assumes that's where most subjects will be and if you want to vlog, you'll be out of focus just enough for the regular person not to notice.
Since the lens isn't as wide as the GoPro, the depth of field is slightly narrower hence why the GoPro can also be set to infinity but still be in focus for vlogging.

I've seen Youtubers use it and compare it to other devices and maybe because I've photographed so damn much in my life it's obvious to me.

So where is the official answer DJI?

Also why hasn't there been an aeroplane mode enabled? I don't need Wifi/Bluetooth always on. I want to maximise battery life sometimes.
Why isn't there in-camera HDR photo. It just seems obvious.
Why is this forum so full of idiots?

Thanks for hearing me rant.

2020-6-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

1 BLTE is on
2 wifi is off till one open the App
3 Stand by is on when Quickshot is pressed after  end record. 5 minutes

time will tell.
2020-6-12
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

Fishycomics Posted at 6-12 10:58
1 BLTE is on
2 wifi is off till one open the App
3 Stand by is on when Quickshot is pressed after  end record. 5 minutes

Those are explanations for what I already know and not solutions.

Thank you either way
2020-6-12
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

stephjant Posted at 6-12 05:58
Nice rant.  Actually I like the fact that it has a fixed focus.  I only use it for action photography - well it's called an Osmo Action after all - and so I don't want it focus-hunting when I'm doing action stuff.  That said, I have posted a thread a while ago (and that you have commented on, for which thanks) about video being out of focus even though its a fixed-focus lens - which I'm guessing means some sort of software bug interfering with the video capture

I think what's more important is that they rectify this in the next product as I doubt we will see any changes with this version.
2020-6-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

WilliamSolis11 Posted at 6-12 13:39
Those are explanations for what I already know and not solutions.

Thank you either way

I hear ya but is DJI listening?
2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules