Aircraft loses RC connection
10606 36 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans37969c63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114872 ft
Australia

I've had my Mavic Air 2 for four weeks and up until yesterday all flights have had no issues.  During my last two flights the aircraft has lost RC connection, first time it automatically triggered RTH and landed safely.  Second time it only lost connection for about 5 seconds, then reconnected and I flew home manually.  I also found that the duration in the flight data centre of my profile was initially the full time of the flight (approx 6 mins), but when I went to view the flight detail it only shows 1 second duration, then when I exited back to full list of flights it has now reduced the flight duration to 1 min and also changed the distance to 1m and altitude to 0.  I was actually flying at 75m alt and approx 2km dist.  

Has anyone had similar issues?

I am using DJI Fly app version 1.1.4.

Thanks

2020-6-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Losing connection is perfectly normal, the radio channel you are using is shared with millions of other devices, one of the most common is WiFi networks. You will find you will get longer range out in the rural areas more so than urban zones.

The flight log is stored in the phone you are using with the RC unit, so if there is a disconnection, the flight record ceases and restarts again when the connection is re-established. Again, perfectly normal.
2020-6-12
Use props
fans37969c63
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 6-12 19:01
Losing connection is perfectly normal, the radio channel you are using is shared with millions of other devices, one of the most common is WiFi networks. You will find you will get longer range out in the rural areas more so than urban zones.

The flight log is stored in the phone you are using with the RC unit, so if there is a disconnection, the flight record ceases and restarts again when the connection is re-established. Again, perfectly normal.

Thanks for the reassurance!  I was worried something was wrong, especially as it happened twice.  It was good to see that it automatically RTH though :-)
2020-6-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans37969c63 Posted at 6-12 19:05
Thanks for the reassurance!  I was worried something was wrong, especially as it happened twice.  It was good to see that it automatically RTH though :-)

Yep, just what you need, the aircraft does what it is supposed to do.
2020-6-12
Use props
FourT2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595079 ft
United States

Yeah I also got nervous when my MA2 lost connection for a few seconds at about 300 ft in residential area (lots of WiFi access points). Good to know that it will do what it is supposed to.
2020-6-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Roll back to fly app 1.12. Test it on the same route. I tried it got better distance and signal. I flew in the city full of interference. I had better distance compared with 1.14.
2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to hear the signal disconnected. Here are some suggestions below, hope it helps.
1. Please always position the antenna properly, the antenna of the Mavic Air 2 locates on the top of the mobile phone holder, please ensure it is pointed directly to the drone.
2. Please turn off other wireless devices during the flight in case the RC's signal is affected.
3. Stay away from electromagnetic interference such as Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage wires, high-voltage power transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and TV broadcast signal towers and so on.
4. Please fly in the open areas, tall buildings, mountains, rocks, and woods may affect the aircraft's compass and GPS signals.
2020-6-13
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have the same issues after the the last update for the fly app .... I have downgrade the fly app and the issues are gone ....
2020-6-13
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

nobody else with this issues after updating the fly app to version 1.1.4???
2020-6-13
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nik317 Posted at 6-13 12:49

I think it is worth to be tested.

But it is not easy to have always the same conditions regarding weather, humidity, flight direction and altitude and so on...
2020-6-13
Use props
fans37969c63
lvl.1
Australia

FourT2 Posted at 6-13 02:32
Yeah I also got nervous when my MA2 lost connection for a few seconds at about 300 ft in residential area (lots of WiFi access points). Good to know that it will do what it is supposed to.

Yes, definitely!
2020-6-13
Use props
fans37969c63
lvl.1
Australia

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 6-13 02:38
Roll back to fly app 1.12. Test it on the same route. I tried it got better distance and signal. I flew in the city full of interference. I had better distance compared with 1.14.

Thanks for the advice, but it appears the fly app v1.1.2 is no longer available.  I'm flying in elevated rural area, not really much interference at all.
2020-6-13
Use props
fans37969c63
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 02:50
Hi there, sorry to hear the signal disconnected. Here are some suggestions below, hope it helps.
1. Please always position the antenna properly, the antenna of the Mavic Air 2 locates on the top of the mobile phone holder, please ensure it is pointed directly to the drone.
2. Please turn off other wireless devices during the flight in case the RC's signal is affected.

Thanks for your response.  I am flying in an elevated rural area, with very few houses and not much other interference.

Can you please advise how to go back to fly app v1.1.2?
2020-6-13
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

fans37969c63 Posted at 6-13 17:06
Thanks for your response.  I am flying in an elevated rural area, with very few houses and not much other interference.

Can you please advise how to go back to fly app v1.1.2?

https://m.apkpure.com/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/download/2043800-APK?from=versions%2Fversion here you go
2020-6-13
Use props
fans37969c63
lvl.1
Australia

nik317 Posted at 6-13 21:06
https://m.apkpure.com/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/download/2043800-APK?from=versions%2Fversion here you go

Thank you
2020-6-13
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

fans37969c63 Posted at 6-13 21:53
Thank you

2020-6-13
Use props
Dadaist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580161 ft
Germany

Loosing connection is quite often here in Germany, since high density of buildings (WLan) and also a reduced transmitting power in the EU-Version, so range is sometimes even less than 200m in urban area. It helps a lot to point the antenna towards the air-2, and with the MavicMini a cheap "antenna-booster" (a parabolic mirror) nearly double the range.
But all in all I am satisfied with the range, because I typically do not fly in urban areas - and outside the city even the Mini makes 1-2km, while the Air-2 is good for 2-4km. That's more than enough for my needs (and for the battery capacity...).

Just make sure to properly set the return-to-home-high, since I have the feeling that after every app-update this setting is resetted to factory values.

But, well, yesterday I flew through an broken window into an old factory ruin, when suddenly lost connection - wow, that was a real shoker, only seconds before hitting the roof I could stop RTH-function....

2020-6-14
Use props
alexwick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413934 ft
United States

Do you all get the pop up RC signal interference... I am quit frustrated... All you explanations make sense... But if you fly in the same spot... 2 days in a row... NEVER have any kind of Pop up and it works fine... And then it starts getting constantly signal interference pop-ups not only in the same spot, but everywhere I fly? That seems to much to be coincidence...
2020-6-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 02:50
1. Please always position the antenna properly, the antenna of the Mavic Air 2 locates on the top of the mobile phone holder, please ensure it is pointed directly to the drone.

"3. Stay away from electromagnetic interference such as Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage wires, high-voltage power transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and TV broadcast signal towers and so on."

Wow, I was just flying today and day before yesterday in an area right between high voltage transmission towers AND a 1000'  TV transmission antenna. No problems at all in all speed and 4k video modes. Guess I got a good one.
2020-6-14
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I tried to use some smartphones, I noticed for example that with the xiaomi mi 10 pro and oppo very strange thing at one point he lost the remote control, while with ipad mini and huawei mate 20, never lost the signal. so I think it's a problem with the phone models
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GaryDoug Posted at 6-14 19:59
"3. Stay away from electromagnetic interference such as Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage wires, high-voltage power transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and TV broadcast signal towers and so on."

Wow, I was just flying today and day before yesterday in an area right between high voltage transmission towers AND a 1000'  TV transmission antenna. No problems at all in all speed and 4k video modes. Guess I got a good one.

Good for you, but please try to avoid flying in this kind of place with high-voltage transmission towers for safety concerns.
2020-6-15
Use props
Setan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1536486 ft
United States

nik317 Posted at 6-13 12:49

I am having major issues on 1.1.4!  The aircraft is constantly losing connection to the RC.  It just cycles over and over endlessly.  After  hours of screwing around I was able to get the RC and aircraft to firmware 01.00.0250, but it's just cycling the connection issue and the fan goes nuts as it's doing it.

I'm calling support tomorrow.  In the meantime, going to try to figure out how to downgrade the app.  It's really frustrating as one day I was completely fine, now I'm dead in the water.
2020-6-15
Use props
waderw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41785 ft
United States

I downgraded the app and updated firmware and no issues on a long far flight today.
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, we sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience with Mavic Air 2, if you have the signal lost issue with the RC, may we have the model of your mobile phone? Could you please sync the flight records and provide us your DJI Account? Additionally, we also need the APP log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

Once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, please also provide the time of the APP log.

It is not recommended to downgrade the APP, we've just released Android DJI Fly V1.1.5, if you use an Android device, please update to this version and try again, thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

waderw Posted at 6-15 21:18
I downgraded the app and updated firmware and no issues on a long far flight today.

Hi waderw, please check my post in 24#, thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Setan Posted at 6-15 17:49
I am having major issues on 1.1.4!  The aircraft is constantly losing connection to the RC.  It just cycles over and over endlessly.  After  hours of screwing around I was able to get the RC and aircraft to firmware 01.00.0250, but it's just cycling the connection issue and the fan goes nuts as it's doing it.

I'm calling support tomorrow.  In the meantime, going to try to figure out how to downgrade the app.  It's really frustrating as one day I was completely fine, now I'm dead in the water.

Hi Setan, sorry for the unfortunate experience with Mavic Air 2, if you have the signal lost issue with the RC, may we have the model of your mobile phone? Could you please sync the flight records and provide us your DJI Account? Additionally, we also need the APP log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

Once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, please also provide the time of the APP log.

It is not recommended to downgrade the APP, we've just released Android DJI Fly V1.1.5, if you use an Android device, please update to this version and try again, thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-16 00:59
Hi Setan, sorry for the unfortunate experience with Mavic Air 2, if you have the signal lost issue with the RC, may we have the model of your mobile phone? Could you please sync the flight records and provide us your DJI Account? Additionally, we also need the APP log.
Android device:

why not downgrade???
with the 1.1.5 its not better the same issues like with the 1.1.4 ....
why you can fix the problem???
2020-6-19
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

nik317 Posted at 6-19 14:16
why not downgrade???
with the 1.1.5 its not better the same issues like with the 1.1.4 ....
why you can fix the problem???

Why downgrade? You are not better off with 1.1.4.

1.1.5 did fix some issues and added some small features but, unfortunately, did not fix disconnect issue.
Downgrading does not make sense unless you noticed something which did work in 1.1.4 and no longer works in 1.1.5.

Mirek
2020-6-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is perfectly a part of flying DJI drones and what makes DJI drones so exceptional is that they have a keen ability to revert to the home point upon every connection loss, either within 3 consecutive seconds disconnected using the controller, or within 10 consecutive seconds if you are disconnected while using just your phone. Unless you don't hear the "Home Point Has Been Updated" prompt before you take off then the drone should in its undamaged capacity fly back and land at the home point.
2020-6-19
Use props
Kopernikus
New
Flight distance : 241263 ft
Switzerland

I have noticed a massive reduction in range since firmware 01.00.0250 (Mavic Air 2). Before that, I was able to fly 2.5 km in a hilly area without breaking the connection. Now the connection breaks off after 900m. I did tests with Android version version 1.1.2., 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 and iOS 1.1.3. The connection has definitely been broken earlier since the firmware update to 01.00.0250. I fly in EU mode, by the way.
2020-6-21
Use props
fansba7da676
New

United States

I don't understand how loss of RC signal can be considered normal and no big deal. It has been happening constantly to me no matter where I fly it and finally it happened. I lost my drone. I lost connection with it relatively low on battery and was not near where we took off. I used the map to try and find it but the last place recorded was directly over water and it must have lost battery over the pond. I went in to look for it but had no luck. Huge waste of money if you ask me and I will not be getting another DJI product. If you can still return your drone and get your money back I would. Losing signal on almost every flight is unacceptable and DJI takes no responsibility. Very unhappy.
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_1ExoZ9mwDfMD
New
Flight distance : 1163376 ft
Iraq

Geebax Posted at 2020-6-12 19:01
Losing connection is perfectly normal, the radio channel you are using is shared with millions of other devices, one of the most common is WiFi networks. You will find you will get longer range out in the rural areas more so than urban zones.

I had the same problem my Dji Air 2S disconnect from the RC and cant re connect again unless I take the wire out of the phone and connect it again
2022-4-18
Use props
VikingVath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

I've been reading these posts for years and it seems the consensus is that DJI has just been getting worse. U can't even get the dji fly app at the play store anymore I had to go through finding it else where. How is that even possible for the biggest drone manufacturer on the planet. It's like logging into Netflix to find out u can't find movies there anymore. Well not really but u get my point, don't get crazy.
2022-12-22
Use props
fans11d46349
New

Philippines

I already have 3 dji drone, but this time i experience lost connection in 10 meters away only, i cannot fly far again.

I dont knkw if my drone is damage or my remote? Or the update. But recently i cannot fly more than 10 to 15 meter, its lost rc connection. Last time i experience crash, this is my first time to crash my drone withour reason, its just fell from the sky. Please help
2023-9-23
Use props
fans11d46349
New

Philippines

VikingVath Posted at 2022-12-22 09:51
I've been reading these posts for years and it seems the consensus is that DJI has just been getting worse. U can't even get the dji fly app at the play store anymore I had to go through finding it else where. How is that even possible for the biggest drone manufacturer on the planet. It's like logging into Netflix to find out u can't find movies there anymore. Well not really but u get my point, don't get crazy.

Yes! You are right, i was flying like 5 years without issues, but this year, its worse. Crashes, RC lost connection in only 10 to 15 meters away.
2023-9-23
Use props
fans11d46349
New

Philippines

fansba7da676 Posted at 2021-7-29 17:06
I don't understand how loss of RC signal can be considered normal and no big deal. It has been happening constantly to me no matter where I fly it and finally it happened. I lost my drone. I lost connection with it relatively low on battery and was not near where we took off. I used the map to try and find it but the last place recorded was directly over water and it must have lost battery over the pond. I went in to look for it but had no luck. Huge waste of money if you ask me and I will not be getting another DJI product. If you can still return your drone and get your money back I would. Losing signal on almost every flight is unacceptable and DJI takes no responsibility. Very unhappy.

Same problem, mine just crash without reason, just fell from the sky. And now before it happened, lost connection like 10 to 15 meters away, its getting worse
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans11d46349 Posted at 9-23 19:06
I already have 3 dji drone, but this time i experience lost connection in 10 meters away only, i cannot fly far again.

I dont knkw if my drone is damage or my remote? Or the update. But recently i cannot fly more than 10 to 15 meter, its lost rc connection. Last time i experience crash, this is my first time to crash my drone withour reason, its just fell from the sky. Please help

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. It is recommended to get the drone repaired after a crash to avoid the drone incurring further damage. You can contact our DJI support to assist you with the repair procedure here: https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. You can also use the following link to contact the nearest repair center in your location: https://www.dji.com/global/service/repair/centers. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules