1047 3 2020-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

At one point (possibly still) the Litchi app had a feature that would allow your quad to lock onto your phone via GPS (or possibly some other) signal so your drone could follow you even if the camera had no visual of you. It worked similar to how the Skydio 2 does with its beacon. Is there anything like this available for the MA2? Third-party software or hardware is an acceptible suggestion too. Thank you.
2020-6-13
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is currently no third party software support for the MA2, this will likely change when DJI release the DJI Fly SDK and associated modules for the Mini and Mavic Air 2 and I'm assuming Litchi will follow not long after with an update (or new App).  The original Mavic Pro did however have this feature it was called "Follow-Me" built-in to DJI Go 4 and was different to the optical tracking of "Active-Track".  It used the GPS sensor in the attached Phone and relayed that moving position dynamically the the Mavic so the Mavic could follow, the difference being that it followed in terms of flight heading but didn't focus on the subject.

For some reason this feature was removed from the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom.  I think this is likeley due to the variable GPS quality of attached devices, iPhones certainly in their earlier versions were notorious for not being very acurate when it came to GPS and then the lack of GPS on devices like Apples iPad (wifi ony) devices adds to consisteny
2020-6-13
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andy Uk Posted at 6-13 06:10
There is currently no third party software support for the MA2, this will likely change when DJI release the DJI Fly SDK and associated modules for the Mini and Mavic Air 2 and I'm assuming Litchi will follow not long after with an update (or new App).  The original Mavic Pro did however have this feature it was called "Follow-Me" built-in to DJI Go 4 and was different to the optical tracking of "Active-Track".  It used the GPS sensor in the attached Phone and relayed that moving position dynamically the the Mavic so the Mavic could follow, the difference being that it followed in terms of flight heading but didn't focus on the subject.

For some reason this feature was removed from the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom.  I think this is likeley due to the variable GPS quality of attached devices, iPhones certainly in their earlier versions were notorious for not being very acurate when it came to GPS and then the lack of GOS on devices like Apples iPad (wifi ony) devices.

Thank you for the info. Looks like I'll be waiting either way then.
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Moni Johnson. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matrter. Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly application on your DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. 3rd party application might work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules