Find UUID for registration
10268 5 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
McMavicHH
lvl.1
Germany

Moin,

registration of aircraft (also multicopter) for flying in France requires to enter information about an "Electronic reporting device" (see picture).

My plan is to enter the UUID of the DJI multicopter here, but till now searching (the DJI Go app, this forum and with search machine) did not give me the answer, how to find the UUID of my multicopter.

Hopefully I did not find it, because it is very easy and well known.
Any hints?

Thank you very much for your support.

Greetings from Germany
Jim

Registration Formular

Registration Formular

2020-6-14
Use props
McMavicHH
lvl.1
Germany

2020-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't believe that M2P can broadcast that information so the answer is probably No.   The UUID broadcast is based on your DJI account and not the aircraft. See the press release - https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... ns-for-drone-pilots
2020-6-15
Use props
McMavicHH
lvl.1
Germany

Moin,

thank you for your answer.

My understanding of the press release (and other sources in the internet) is, that the aircraft/multicopter (M2P in my case) does electronically send informations through the air, which can be received by special systems (your link text says: "DJI drones locally broadcast their location, speed, heading and serial numbers to AeroScope receivers used by authorities at sensitive locations or in response to complaints" ... "...option to broadcast their “UUID ... and “Identification & Flight Information ..."). An article from HEISE have a comment, that DJI presented AeroScope in Brussel. They said, that the DJI Command an Control Link of the Multicopter is used to identify itself to a mobile or stationary DJI AeroScope receiver within 5km radius without additional hardware necessary.

As this signal can probably only be catched by the DJI AeroScope system another question is, if France have bought this technology (I doubt this).

However: My main question is: How do I find out my UUID?

Greetings from Germany
Jim
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_UAzWSrSgAogk
lvl.1

France

McMavicHH Posted at 6-15 01:56
Moin,

thank you for your answer.

Hi Jim,

I‘ve been facing the same questions and problems in the past days, while trying to get my registration completed at Alpha Tango.

The information I found during my investigations that till December 1st 2020 you would not get fined when flying without an active reporting device. This means you can select „No“ under the point Electronic reporting system, and select „will be installed at a later point in time“. When I entered this in my registration, the system accepted my choice and I received the registration number for my drone. Here is the big BUT and eventually the reason why I decided still not to fly my drone at this time in France: In the same paragraph they say that officials may confiscate your drone In case you are flying w/o reporting system (i.e. You are not fined but they can withdraw your drone, ridiculous).

In a different article I found a note saying that DJI would release a new firmware update (when??) solving all this electronic reporting issues and the information that is being sent from the onboard device. I guess this will solve the UUID questions as well. What I know as of now, the ID no. you need for Alpha Tango Portal for a Mavic 2 drone is a 19 digit No. Starting with 1581E..., not knowing what the rest 13 digits are. (Perhaps the serial no.??).

However this info I wanted to share and I really do hope that all these issues will be cleared and solved by end of year when new drone Legislation will be in place in Germany  (and all Europe).

Good luck
Pete
2020-9-3
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

djiuser_UAzWSrSgAogk Posted at 2020-9-3 09:23
Hi Jim,

I‘ve been facing the same questions and problems in the past days, while trying to get my registration completed at Alpha Tango.

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... ns-for-drone-pilots

"DJI GO 4 app will display a “remote identification” menu in the main controller settings. This menu gives pilots the option to broadcast their “UUID,” a unique user identification code tied to each pilot’s DJI GO account, and “Identification & Flight Information,” if a pilot chooses to enter information into them. The default setting for both options is to not broadcast them, and these settings can be changed at any time."
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules