Solved! - Any workaround, to get all the Sphere pictures?
5087 39 2020-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Really don't like this auto stitched 360s.
To small, no other options.
Would like to save and stitch them "myself" on the computer!
I found this
To get the individual photos, you need to ....
but is that the only way?

Solved:
Stiched  "flat Sphere picture, in 2/1 format, PLUS the original pictures are saved if  selected  DURING flight in Pano mode in the camera settings!
But there are 3 solutions, depending on the OS (again, DJI?), and on the fact, if you wanna save jpg or DNG.

Which on iOS, it seems, you can do either/ or or both together:
-Stitched Version only (I guess what you call skypixel version)
-Stitched and JPG
-Stitched and DNG (Raw)

You can't pick all 3, (Stitched, JPG, and RAW)

from the post 24 down here

Which I can not on my android.
I just have the options
"off"  - just the stitched Sphere is on the SD card
"JPEG"
and
"RAW"
Which add an Panorama Folder with folders for every taken Sphere, corresponding to the numbers of the stitched pictures.

I just think, the "default" should be  "JPEG"
Or  like for other things, it should be in the tutorial, when first time Pano gets activated!
2020-6-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There doesnt appear to be a way currently, in the old GO4 app you could set it to save the images. Hopefully if we should loud enough the DJI dev team might look at implementing it in an update.
2020-6-15
Use props
mph6563
lvl.3

United States

You can set the MA2 to save the images, and the method is described in OP's link. With the drone flying, switch to 360 pano mode, and go into camera settings. There's an option to save the images.

I don't understand OP's "is that the only way" question. Why do you need more than one way to change a setting?
2020-6-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

not sure what it is that's being asked for... there's an option to save those images so you can stitch them yourself. What exactly is it that you're not satisfied with?
2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Does it not save individual photos just in 360 or in all the Pano modes (assuming you did not go into Pano mode in flight and make the change)???  In the Go 4 app it was much easier as it automatically saved all Pano images.
2020-6-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 06:43
Does it not save individual photos just in 360 or in all the Pano modes (assuming you did not go into Pano mode in flight and make the change)???  In the Go 4 app it was much easier as it automatically saved all Pano images.

there is one setting for all panorama types. By default it does *not* save RAW images. If you want them, just flip the switch in the Camera settings, *after* switching to Pano mode.
2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Okay, so if you are only in jpg do all images save when doing a pano??? Or do you still have to select it in flight???
2020-6-15
Use props
mph6563
lvl.3

United States

The Fly app maintains different camera settings for different shooting modes (e.g. one set of settings for single images, another set of settings for pano). It doesn't matter whether you're shooting JPEG or RAW+JPEG for single images, because the pano settings are separate. To change the pano settings to save the images, you have to be in pano mode, and that's why you have to be in flight. But once you change the settings in pano mode once, I believe it will retain those settings for pano mode on future flights.
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Yes, keep in mind the default for Pano is to not save any images, but you can save .jpg or raw (but not both).  It's easy to do and not sure what other way anyone would want it to be done.
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Malakai_UK Posted at 6-15 05:34
There doesnt appear to be a way currently, in the old GO4 app you could set it to save the images. Hopefully if we should loud enough the DJI dev team might look at implementing it in an update.

In the old Go4 , at least with the Spark, you HAD TO TELL the App, to create a Pano.
Download pictures from bird, and then it asked: save/delete
Now it is the bird, where the picture gets stitched!
And no chance to stop that?

2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

mph6563 Posted at 6-15 05:47
You can set the MA2 to save the images, and the method is described in OP's link. With the drone flying, switch to 360 pano mode, and go into camera settings. There's an option to save the images.

I don't understand OP's "is that the only way" question. Why do you need more than one way to change a setting?

Is this really neccessary?
"DNG photos may initially appear to have only a resolution of 960 x 720, but if you convert them to JPG in Lightroom, they will each have a resolution of 4000 x 3000 (12 megapixels)."

Also I still get (I asume, I havent done it yet)  the bird stitched picture.
And stitching is keeping the bird from doing other things.
So do I have to hope that some day Litchi will "just take the pictures and leave it to the pilot"?
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Ice_2k Posted at 6-15 06:06
not sure what it is that's being asked for... there's an option to save those images so you can stitch them yourself. What exactly is it that you're not satisfied with?

I have to convert them, first
And to the Sphere, that the Air 2 creates on its own:
I have NO say in it!
I can't even set the alignment like I want it.
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 06:43

It does just ave the stitched Panos, no single pictures!
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

mph6563 Posted at 6-15 07:42
The Fly app maintains different camera settings for different shooting modes (e.g. one set of settings for single images, another set of settings for pano). It doesn't matter whether you're shooting JPEG or RAW+JPEG for single images, because the pano settings are separate. To change the pano settings to save the images, you have to be in pano mode, and that's why you have to be in flight. But once you change the settings in pano mode once, I believe it will retain those settings for pano mode on future flights.

That is it, what I have to test, 2morrow:
Will it keep that settings or do I have to do it every flight again?
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

JEZ2 Posted at 6-15 07:52
Yes, keep in mind the default for Pano is to not save any images, but you can save .jpg or raw (but not both).  It's easy to do and not sure what other way anyone would want it to be done.

I'd like it the "old way"?
It takes the pictures and you can create the pictures either in the App/bird, or download the pics to the computer, later!

I am using sometimes "some" of the pictures for "wide" or just "single" pictures.
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Thanks to all who found time to answer.
I am still not convinced, that the deleting of the pictures need to be done, after creating a Pano.
DJI?
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
United States

I'll be honest, I can't see the complaint about the drone stitching the pictures.  It takes a few seconds.  Easy to delete if you don't want it and want to stitch your own.  I know DJI was looking to make the fly app simpler, and it seems like not adding another option (to not stitch the pano) is a step in that direction.  It does not harm, and makes things simpler for the less advanced flyers.  We already see people posting here that the don't understand the output of the stitched file ( multiple posts "why is the sky blurry?") we would instead have those that don't know how to stitch wondering where the pano is because they had the setting wrong.
2020-6-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

S-e-ven Posted at 6-15 09:46
That is it, what I have to test, 2morrow:
Will it keep that settings or do I have to do it every flight again?

It keeps the settings
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

JEZ2 Posted at 6-15 10:00
I'll be honest, I can't see the complaint about the drone stitching the pictures.  It takes a few seconds.  Easy to delete if you don't want it and want to stitch your own.  I know DJI was looking to make the fly app simpler, and it seems like not adding another option (to not stitch the pano) is a step in that direction.  It does not harm, and makes things simpler for the less advanced flyers.  We already see people posting here that the don't understand the output of the stitched file ( multiple posts "why is the sky blurry?") we would instead have those that don't know how to stitch wondering where the pano is because they had the setting wrong.

Ok, since I am coming from the Spark and got into this Pano stuff with it, I "grew into this" with questions.
And found the answers step by step ;-)
So would the , who "don't know how to stitch wondering ...."
I would have understood at that time, at least, if it would have been an automatic process.
Just:
It needs a much more powerful drone to do this stitching in the bird.
And it is more a move for a "social networking" drone, like the Spark was.
Now we get direct skypixel Spheres out of it, even the Sky gets autoextended to 360°x180°
Which is fine. DJI did a great job with that automatism!
I'll take it back that I don't want them.
But how about little planets, wormholes?
My question is just: why do they need to delete all the pictures after creating a very little Sphere picture for skypixel?

2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Ice_2k Posted at 6-15 10:02
It keeps the settings

Thanks   !
2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I am using an iPhone 6S (ios) and just did a 360 Pano.  Once airborne, I went to Pano, then Menu>Camera and it showed Panorama at the top left of the screen.  Jpeg was highlighted as that is what I have selected in the normal Camera settings.  There was no option to download images anywhere on the screen/settings page.  I even tried RAW and no option to download images. I did the 360 Pano and pulled up the sd card on my Windows 10 desktop and in the panorama folder there were 26 image files.  I then used Microsoft ICE to stitch them and voila, I got a tiny planet!!!
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

RE: Any workaround, to get all the Sphere pictures?

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 10:14
I am using an iPhone 6S (ios) and just did a 360 Pano.  Once airborne, I went to Pano, then Menu>Camera and it showed Panorama at the top left of the screen.  Jpeg was highlighted as that is what I have selected in the normal Camera settings.  There was no option to download images anywhere on the screen/settings page.  I even tried RAW and no option to download images. I did the 360 Pano and pulled up the sd card on my Windows 10 desktop and in the panorama folder there were 26 image files.  I then used Microsoft ICE to stitch them and voila, I got a tiny planet!!!

So I will hope that is on android the same.

Just to make sure:
There is either/or, not both?
Meaning: either we get the Skypixelsphere or we get the  single shots?

The sphere AND the shots, can't we have both?
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-15 10:12
Ok, since I am coming from the Spark and got into this Pano stuff with it, I "grew into this" with questions.
And found the answers step by step ;-)
So would the , who "don't know how to stitch wondering ...."

That's a good point.  Default probably should be,  give you the stitched version and the jpg.  Those that want can update the settings to get the Raw.  There have been a bunch of posts of people wondering where the individual files were, so that probably is a better default.
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-15 10:23

Just to make sure:

You can pick:

-Stitched Version only (I guess what you call skypixel version)
-Stitched and JPG
-Stitched and DNG (Raw)

You can't pick all 3, (Stitched, JPG, and RAW)

2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-15 10:23

Just to make sure:

I'm just telling you what was on my sd card.  In DCIM, I opened Panorama folder and the only thing there were 26 jpeg images.  Oops, just checked the 100Media folder and there was one image that was 26 images stitched together horizontally...not spherically.  Again, I had no option in the app to select what was downloaded/edited onto the card.
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

JEZ2 Posted at 6-15 10:25
You can pick:

-Stitched Version only (I guess what you call skypixel version)

That reads nice!
I can get the Sphere AND the jpgs/raws/all
I should have tried that, before starting a topic.
Just it was raining!
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 10:30
I'm just telling you what was on my sd card.  In DCIM, I opened Panorama folder and the only thing there were 26 jpeg images.  Oops, just checked the 100Media folder and there was one image that was 26 images stitched together horizontally...not spherically.  Again, I had no option in the app to select what was downloaded/edited onto the card.

The Media folder file  is actually a sphere.  You just need to put it or open it somewhere that can view it as a sphere and not a flat file.
2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Yep....I use Microsoft ICE...but I think I'll let it do the stitching.
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 10:30

This 25 horizontally stitched together is the Sphere in flat!
With a VR media player app it will become a "ball"

Like this one:
(out of the bird, just reduced to 3200x1600)

Here the Skypixel Sphere:

2020-6-15
Use props
Aerial-Image.co.uk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is one I did recently using DNG files and Lightroom then MS ICE then Photoshop to get to the correct pixels dimension to stitch - didn't do too bad - Kuula360 to display.

https://kuula.co/post/7ZfVr?fs=1 ... chromeless=0&logo=0

2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Does anyone know if the Skypixel Sphere like in reply #30 can be done in Microsoft Ice???  Also, what happened to reply #31???  I tried to delete a reply recently and found under Edit>Additional options that the delete option was missing.
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 11:32
Does anyone know if the Skypixel Sphere like in reply #30 can be done in Microsoft Ice???  Also, what happened to reply #31???  I tried to delete a reply recently and found under Edit>Additional options that the delete option was missing.

You can stitch in ICE, but you need then need to adjust the dimensions to get the sphere (and if you do that, you probably want to clone/generate the missing sky, so it isn't just blank).  

Alternatively, just use the sphere that the drone creates.  From my few tests, the Air 2 stitches better than the Air 1, although its not perfect in every case.
2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Yeah...I know how to do the tiny planet.  In reply #30 the second photo is able to provide a 360 degree view by moving the cursor left or right...he calls it a Skypixel Sphere.  I just wondered if MS ICE could do that, too.
2020-6-15
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 11:45
Yeah...I know how to do the tiny planet.  In reply #30 the second photo is able to provide a 360 degree view by moving the cursor left or right...he calls it a Skypixel Sphere.  I just wondered if MS ICE could do that, too.

If you upload the pano into Skypixel, (or any 360 viewer) it will work by moving the cursor left and right exactly the same way.

OR you as I said you can stitch in ICE, enlarge the dimensions and create some missing sky.  
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Rustic17 Posted at 6-15 11:45

"He" calls it a skypixel sphere, because DJI has its own "kuula" website , skypixel
The skypixel 360s you can, unlike kuula, fully integrate in here, as long you try to add them as video.

Yes, ICE can do the foundation for a sphere picture, but because unlike the Anafi of Parrot, no DJI drone can capture the sky direct above the drone.

Which means, you dont get a 2:1 picture out of ICE and will have to hand create the missing sky

The Air 2 is doing that, look on my picture the upper round area without structure. It is pretty ok.
That's why I said that I take it back, I wanna have the air 2 spheres PLUS single pictures
2020-6-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Got them!
It is a  bit irretating, that the App is not showing the single pictures in the Panorama folder.
But the SD card has Media and Panorama folder back on, now!

Thanks to all
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that you previously experienced and it is great to know that you were able to find a solution for the said issue. If you have any other concern or issues with DJI. Please don't hesitate to post here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-6-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-22 03:19
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that you previously experienced and it is great to know that you were able to find a solution for the said issue. If you have any other concern or issues with DJI. Please don't hesitate to post here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

Thanks, DJI Paladin!

It 's a bit irritating, that your Drone is not giving out ALL the pictures as a default, direct out of the box!
As nice it is to get 2:1 / 360x180° pictures, with automatic "repaired" sky for the part the cam isn't be able to capture.
But shouldn't it be the default for 'out of the box' , that the pilots getting the Sphere AND the single pictures?
So that they can decide, what to do with 'em, or to switch off the "store the 26 pictures in jpg"-function?

Just my2cent
I was really surprised, that there was just ONE sphere picture, after it did 26 single shots, before!
2020-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing the info!
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

S-e-ven Posted at 6-22 04:17
Thanks, DJI Paladin!

It 's a bit irritating, that your Drone is not giving out ALL the pictures as a default, direct out of the box!

You are more than welcome and thank you for your informative insights with regards to this issue, I will forward this information to our designated DJI department for further assessment. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules