RC disconnects from mobile
2731 12 2020-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Did you experience RC disconnecting from mobile?
Yesterday it happened to me twice.
I have Samsung Galaxy S9 and DJI Fly App 1.1.4.

I fixed first disconnect by briefly pulling and reinsterting cable between RC and mobile.
Second disconnect fixed itself automatically after few seconds.
RC to AC connection was on all the time (I could control AC when RC/mobile were disconnected).

I fly MA2 for month now - quite extensiveley. It was first time it happened.
I upgraded to DJI Fly 1.1.4 few days ago.

Mirek
2020-6-15
Use props
Tuzair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26742 ft
France

Yes I got the same problem currently, the connection between RC and Mobile disconnecting most of the time, I flought 3 times 15 minutes, sometimes it's work fine, sometimes it's disconnect for 2 days. I can always pilot MA2 but without video back or any fly informations.
I spend 2 weeks to find a solution, I send back my drone to the store tomorow, useless if you can't fly with the app
2020-6-15
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Tuzair Posted at 6-15 21:52
Yes I got the same problem currently, the connection between RC and Mobile disconnecting most of the time, I flought 3 times 15 minutes, sometimes it's work fine, sometimes it's disconnect for 2 days. I can always pilot MA2 but without video back or any fly informations.
I spend 2 weeks to find a solution, I send back my drone to the store tomorow, useless if you can't fly with the app

Tuzair,

I never had this problem with DJI Fly 1.1.2. It occured to me twice with DJI Fly app 1.1.4.
Perhaps it is new version of DJI Fly app which is buggy?
Which version are you using?

Mirek
2020-6-16
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

By disconnecting do you mean screen goes blank and then the FLY app restarts. This has happened to me a couple of times, before and after 1.1.4 update. Because I have "Camera View" set to "ON" the time from black screen back to live video feed from MA2 is just around 3-6 seconds. Rebooting the phone just prior to launching the FLY app seems to reduce the likelihood of this event.
Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 10
2020-6-16
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Pappy3 Posted at 6-16 06:52
By disconnecting do you mean screen goes blank and then the FLY app restarts. This has happened to me a couple of times, before and after 1.1.4 update. Because I have "Camera View" set to "ON" the time from black screen back to live video feed from MA2 is just around 3-6 seconds. Rebooting the phone just prior to launching the FLY app seems to reduce the likelihood of this event.
Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 10

Pappy3,

In my case it was not that DJI Fly app would go down.
It would still function but it would display message that RC is disconnected from mobile. Of course I could not see what the drone was doing becasue there was no transmission between RC and mobile.
In first case, when I disconnected cable between RC and mobile and conneted it again, the connection resumed.
In second case the connection resumed after few seconds without me doing anything.

However, throughout this time, I had full control over AC - it did react to my stick commands (it was close enough so I could see it).

I believe that DJI Fly 1.1.4 was faulty. It was upgraded to 1.1.5 by DJI few days after it was released. Something must have been not quite right to prompt such a quick upgrade.

I have 1.1.5 installed now and will see if any of these issues will happen again.

Mirek
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mirek L Posted at 6-16 07:49
Pappy3,

In my case it was not that DJI Fly app would go down.

Don't forget to upgrade the firmware on the drone too
2020-6-16
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

A J Posted at 6-16 08:02
Don't forget to upgrade the firmware on the drone too

Yep - will do.
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think 1.1.4/1.1.5 is in place to use with it - still waiting on 1.1.4 for iOS though!
2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mirek, thanks for your feedback, Android has released DJI Fly V1.1.5, please keep us updated if the issue persists in this version, thank you.
2020-6-17
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-17 05:15
Hi Mirek, thanks for your feedback, Android has released DJI Fly V1.1.5, please keep us updated if the issue persists in this version, thank you.

hi mindy, the same problem with the 1.15 nothing is better
2020-6-19
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47198 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried replacing the cable ?
I had a very similar issue and replacing the supplied cable fixed it.
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nik317 Posted at 6-19 14:11
hi mindy, the same problem with the 1.15 nothing is better

It should not relate to the APP, did you have ty with another mobile device or try another mobile device?
2020-6-23
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Sorry...I didn't see your thread...I posted this yesterday....   https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218761
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules