what meaning of "target scanning" feature?
5026 25 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Hi all,
pls advise what meaning of this "target scanning" feature?
when i enable it, then it will make gimbal option (follow/fvp) disable.

thx
dj
2020-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Id like to know too.
2020-6-16
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

i thought the idea was to always have the "+" signs on the screen, like you do when in quickshot mode. Is this not it? I can't test it myself since (for some weird reason) DJI has only added this to Android, but not iOS. As of this moment, the iOS app is 2 versions behind Android.......
2020-6-16
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

Ice_2k Posted at 6-16 01:06
i thought the idea was to always have the "+" signs on the screen, like you do when in quickshot mode. Is this not it? I can't test it myself since (for some weird reason) DJI has only added this to Android, but not iOS. As of this moment, the iOS app is 2 versions behind Android.......

for what purpose to disable the gimbal mode (follow/fvp)?
2020-6-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just did a test with this Target Scanning option.

When enabled it will draw 1 or more "X" on the screen automatically, i enabled this while video recording, move the cam from the sky to the ground and i was X-ed on the screen.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 6-16 02:38

When enabled it will draw 1 or more "X" on the screen automatically, i enabled this while video recording, move the cam from the sky to the ground and i was X-ed on the screen.

Raise your arm and wave at the camera and it will initiate the active tracking or QuickShot. Handy if you have multiple people in the frame and want one person to be central to the shoot.
2020-6-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 6-16 03:18
Raise your arm and wave at the camera and it will initiate the active tracking or QuickShot. Handy if you have multiple people in the frame and want one person to be central to the shoot.

cool!, will try next time, battery are charging now

29m35 fly time from 100 to 7 % batt level, how i love this !!

cheers
JJB

2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 6-16 03:48
cool!, will try next time, battery are charging now

29m35 fly time from 100 to 7 % batt level, how i love this !!

Cool! I took 4 fully charged batteries out yesterday - 1.7 hours flight time and I wish I had a 5th - great drone to fly in the sun and to get away from all that is going on in the world right now. If you fly the MA2 in light winds with non aggressive controls and keep out of sport mode you can get a solid half an hour on one battery.
2020-6-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 6-16 04:02
Cool! I took 4 fully charged batteries out yesterday - 1.7 hours flight time and I wish I had a 5th - great drone to fly in the sun and to get away from all that is going on in the world right now. If you fly the MA2 in light winds with non aggressive controls and keep out of sport mode you can get a solid half an hour on one battery.

guess my Sport mode climb to 120 meter did use the 25 seconds from 30 minutes  ;-)
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 6-16 04:05
guess my Sport mode climb to 120 meter did use the 25 seconds from 30 minutes  ;-)

Probably - Billy Kyle got 15 minutes on his first flight with the MA2 - flying around in Sport mode permanently in full pitch at higher attitude in a fresh breeze. Thats the minimum to expect. Under more normal conditions you'll get around 25 minutes but flown gently and taking the battery below a critical warning in near windless conditions you can exceed 30 minutes. Massive variance.
2020-6-16
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

JJB* Posted at 6-16 02:38

When enabled it will draw 1 or more "X" on the screen automatically, i enabled this while video recording, move the cam from the sky to the ground and i was X-ed on the screen.

where is this option located? I can't find it to save my life ) Just wanna make sure it really isn't available on iOS as some said
2020-6-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 6-16 04:17
where is this option located? I can't find it to save my life ) Just wanna make sure it really isn't available on iOS as some said

It’s not in iOS yet, but can be found in the Control menu when it is
2020-6-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ice_2k Posted at 6-16 04:17
where is this option located? I can't find it to save my life ) Just wanna make sure it really isn't available on iOS as some said

On Android
TargetScanning.png
2020-6-16
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

A J Posted at 6-16 03:18
Raise your arm and wave at the camera and it will initiate the active tracking or QuickShot. Handy if you have multiple people in the frame and want one person to be central to the shoot.

Waiting for your video on youtube for these new features
2020-6-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 6-16 07:18
Waiting for your video on youtube for these new features

I don't have a Youtube channel and even if I did I would never post a video as I prefer stills. If you are keen to see wave gesture activation then check out Flytpath on there.
2020-6-16
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

A J Posted at 6-16 07:55
I don't have a Youtube channel and even if I did I would never post a video as I prefer stills. If you are keen to see wave gesture activation then check out Flytpath on there.

ok noted with thx
2020-6-16
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When enabled the MA2 scans the scene and automatically recognises people and objects and places and icon next to them.  Click on the + icin and it setsup poi spotlight etc without you needing to draw the box.  Only on Andriod using 1.1.5 and 0250 firmware.
2020-6-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The Xs are objects the app identifies (probably with good contrast) that it thinks you might want to use as a subject.  You tap on the X and a green box highlights the subject and then you can fly an Active Track, Spotlight or POI targeting the subject.  If you don't want an X as a subject just tap on or drag a box over the subject you do want.  If the conditions are right and you or another is the subject, you/they can wave with elbow extended above the shoulder and a green box will appear.  I haven't had great luck with the wave technique.
2020-6-17
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

Rustic17 Posted at 6-17 11:58
The Xs are objects the app identifies (probably with good contrast) that it thinks you might want to use as a subject.  You tap on the X and a green box highlights the subject and then you can fly an Active Track, Spotlight or POI targeting the subject.  If you don't want an X as a subject just tap on or drag a box over the subject you do want.  If the conditions are right and you or another is the subject, you/they can wave with elbow extended above the shoulder and a green box will appear.  I haven't had great luck with the wave technique.

thx u for well explain! that the reason why gimbal mode will be disabled, right?
2020-6-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I don't know about that...in FocusTrack I think you are still in a Follow mode.  I've never tried it when in FPV.
2020-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry, once the Target Scanning has been enabled the camera will automatically recognize possible target and a circle icon will be on the subject. Where the user can tap the circle or drag a box around the subject. If you have further inquiry or concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-6-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kiminx Posted at 6-17 18:42
thx u for well explain! that the reason why gimbal mode will be disabled, right?

well, i think it is only written in the log as FPV mode    but gimbal is still in follow mode.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kiminx Posted at 6-17 18:42

well, i think it is only written in the log as FPV mode    but gimbal is still in follow mode.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2020-6-16 01:02
+1 Id like to know too.

They show up when you turn active track on with the M2.  With Subject Scanning with the Fly App, they are always on like how Skydio 2 is.  I'm just worried it might track someone else and follow it sideways without side sensors.
2021-12-8
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-6-22 00:54
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry, once the Target Scanning has been enabled the camera will automatically recognize possible target and a circle icon will be on the subject. Where the user can tap the circle or drag a box around the subject. If you have further inquiry or concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.

Will the Mavic Air 2/Air 2S recognize a train as a subject? On which distance to the object, this function will work?
2022-1-31
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

cameraman52 Posted at 1-31 07:07
Will the Mavic Air 2/Air 2S recognize a train as a subject? On which distance to the object, this function will work?

As animals are not recognized and a train is a vehicle like a car or truck, but not listed, it might be worth to give it a try.
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules