368 4 2020-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVmAN2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

Hello,

I was flying my MA2 yesterday in a blue zone. It took 5 attempts for the drone to unlock the zone for flying. Can I not just unlock a zone permanently? My client was becoming frustrated with me unable to fulfill their request and it was rather embarrassing.
2020-6-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

My first reaction to that would to have been prepared for that and unlock the zone before you were standing there with the client. And unlocking is not permanent, it is for a fixed period and then you need to do it again. Always has been.
2020-6-16
Use props
MAVmAN2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 6-16 16:55
My first reaction to that would to have been prepared for that and unlock the zone before you were standing there with the client. And unlocking is not permanent, it is for a fixed period and then you need to do it again. Always has been.

I agree 100% which is why I was there 15mins before and on each occasion the app said the zone was unlocked but persisted on unlocking again and again. By attempts 4 and 5 the client arrived 20minutes after I started attempting to unlock and still persisted on wanting to unlock.
2020-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unlock online, you can choose the date and it lasts 3 days - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MAVmAN2020. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information regarding this matter.For us to be able to assist you further in  unlocking a certain l;ocation where in you need to fly. Kindly please send an email to flysafe@dji.com and you can also utilize this official DJI Flysafe link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) to check if a certain location is free to fly your DJI drone or if the said area is a No Fly Zone ( NFZ ). Thank you.
2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules