Thanks mate, I miss flying already!
2020-6-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice footage. Hope you're back flying soon.
2020-6-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Always in trace mode ...
Oh man, that hurts!   

On the other hand: a very nice video !!!
2020-6-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joe Foreman Posted at 6-17 04:57
Thanks mate, I miss flying already!

When you have the bug it sure needs feeding!
2020-6-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch.  Sorry about the crash.  Hope you get it back real soon. By the way, very nice footage.
2020-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-6-18
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 6-17 05:24
Always in trace mode ...
Oh man, that hurts!   

Certainly hurts! I was actually in Parallel mode when it crashed, which I knew had the APAS deactivated, I just got a little over confident and miscalculated the drones anticipated path. Live and learn.
2020-6-18
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-17 12:14
Ouch.  Sorry about the crash.  Hope you get it back real soon. By the way, very nice footage.

Thanks for saying so
2020-6-18
Use props
Nolan Silvius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238163 ft
United States

Well the footage looks great! What all broke on the drone?
2020-6-18
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

Nolan Silvius Posted at 6-18 18:12
Well the footage looks great! What all broke on the drone?

Thanks for the compliment! I broke the gimbal and one of the legs. Hard to say if it was during the crash, or after it finally fell from the tree (I thought I could catch it but by the time it finally fell I just kinda stood their celebrating haha).
2020-6-18
Use props
Nolan Silvius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238163 ft
United States

Joe Foreman Posted at 6-18 18:15
Thanks for the compliment! I broke the gimbal and one of the legs. Hard to say if it was during the crash, or after it finally fell from the tree (I thought I could catch it but by the time it finally fell I just kinda stood their celebrating haha).

Gotcha; hopefully, they can fix it quickly
2020-6-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know the manual says the APAS is disabled in parallel mode. But I have used parallel mode several times and it does seem to sometimes avoid a few things that happen to get in the way ahead while trying to keep up. I will pay more attention next time to see if that is actually the case.
2020-6-18
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 6-18 18:58
I know the manual says the APAS is disabled in parallel mode. But I have used parallel mode several times and it does seem to sometimes avoid a few things that happen to get in the way ahead while trying to keep up. I will pay more attention next time to see if that is actually the case.

Hmm that's interesting. It makes sense as the front sensors field of view would most likely cover some of the flight path in parallel. Someone has suggested trying to manually adjust the gimbal to look sideways, using your finger on the screen, whilst still flying the bird forward to simulate a parallel mode with Trace. I'd love to test this but alas I am without said bird
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Joe Foreman. I am sorry to know and to see what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI drone and it great to know that the said drone is already in our facility for assessment. By the way the video you have filmed is wonderful. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-18
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-18 21:02
Hello there Joe Foreman. I am sorry to know and to see what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI drone and it great to know that the said drone is already in our facility for assessment. By the way the video you have filmed is wonderful. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Thanks for the message of confirmation. So far the Refresh process has been very easy, so kudos to you and your team. Looking forward to getting back in the Air!
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Joe Foreman Posted at 6-18 23:59
Thanks for the message of confirmation. So far the Refresh process has been very easy, so kudos to you and your team. Looking forward to getting back in the Air!

Hi there Joe Foreman. Thank you for the reply and for the update you have given. It is great to know about your positive feedback. Rest assured that DJI is doing its best to give out the best customer service for all our DJI members and owners. Again thank you for your support and keep on flying.
2020-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope you get it fixed!
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now