ADS-B
2712 11 2020-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mispe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604846 ft
Philippines

IF you replace the EU issue GPS board without the ADS-B with a GPS board that does have ADS-B receiver will the software on the Fly app pic up on that and update accordingly to enable Airsence? Also, where is the antenna for the ADS-B connected and located. Also, why is the ESC board different EU versions, is this anything to do with the ADS-B or another reason. There is also a magnetically permeable strip on the UK version that is not present on US version, why is it's purpose.
[color=var(--yt-spec-text-secondary)][size=1.4]Show less
[url=][/url][url=][/url]
[url=]REPLY[/url]

2020-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good questions,  its been suggested that the fly app uses your location to display the option to enable air sense,  so you'd have ti be in the USA to see it.
2020-6-18
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

I think the RF antenna is probably located in one of the legs. But I think each board may be serial encoded, so Iam not sure if this would work when interchanging parts.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. In addition, DJI does not recommend to install any third party hardware or modify the said drone. This may affect the performance of the said drone during flight and could void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2020-6-23
Use props
Mr Nosey Parker
New

United Kingdom

2020-7-13
Use props
Mr Nosey Parker
New

United Kingdom

DJI ADSB RECEIVER ON GPS BOARD

DJI ADSB RECEIVER ON GPS BOARD

The boards shown are DJI parts not third party. 2 GPS boards one with and one without ADS-B receiver. Seems like receiver has 2 surface mount antennas so dual frequency. Anyway it looks that DJI are purposly disabling ADS-B outside of USA not because of the part shortage but some other reason otherwise why would drones bought in USA with adsb which worked there suddenly stop when they bring their drone to EU, it has been said that the  ADSB option disapears from the menu. Why?
2020-7-13
Use props
Mr Nosey Parker
New

United Kingdom

2020-7-13
Use props
Mr Nosey Parker
New

United Kingdom

DJI GPS BOARDS FOR MA2 WITH AND WITHOUT ADSB RECEIVER

DJI GPS BOARDS FOR MA2 WITH AND WITHOUT ADSB RECEIVER
2020-7-13
Use props
Flying-Dutchman
lvl.1
Philippines

"otherwise why would drones bought in USA with adsb which worked there suddenly stop when they bring their drone to EU, it has been said that the  ADSB option disapears from the menu. Why?"

Ah..I did not know this. I suppose only DJI can answer that question.
2020-7-13
Use props
Flying-Dutchman
lvl.1
Philippines

I have send this question to DJI Support ans will post their answer.

why would drones bought in USA with adsb which worked there suddenly stop when they bring their drone to EU, it has been said that the  ADSB option disapears from the menu. Why?"
2020-7-13
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Flying-Dutchman Posted at 7-13 02:41
I have send this question to DJI Support ans will post their answer.

why would drones bought in USA with adsb which worked there suddenly stop when they bring their drone to EU, it has been said that the  ADSB option disapears from the menu. Why?"

Has been said that the ADS-B receiver they put in the MA2 only works on 978MHz which is fine for US but in EU they use 1090MHz for ADS-B and DJI did not go into such details about it. You can buy a small dual frequecy ADS-B receiver that you can use in other drones/DIY planes etc but what the one in the US MA2 is good for don't know maybe it just good for 978Mhz. But if this is the case I can see how it would cheese off buyers that bought it for it's compactness so they could take it on holiday only to find that the ADS-B on it only can work in US because of hardware limitation. Pehaps dual frenquency ADS-B would of added to the price of drone, that dual frequency uAvionics pingRX receiver costs $249 just by itself, the GPS board in MA2 with it's ADS-B receiver circuit added costs only around $35.

But I guess what the worst thing about all this is that DJI just won't tell us any details about it, when you buy an ADS-B reciever from anywhere else they tell you these vital specs, DJI just tells you nothing, come on DJI give the customer the details about the ADS-B that you fitted in that MA2 would save a lot of guessing and speculation.

2020-7-20
Use props
Flying-Dutchman
lvl.1
Philippines

Wholeheartedly agree with your statement and thanks or your clear information. Much appreciated.
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules