How can I remove the NFZ restriction on Mavic 2 Pro?
8158 6 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parkloop
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

I bought an unlocking software from nolimitdronez but then realized that option isn't available on my firmware version (01.00.05) and it also can't be downgraded. Is there any other way to remove the NFZ or downgrade the software? I live about 2 miles fromt the airport but not looking to fly higher than my building, mainly just for my dog to chase it around.
2020-6-18
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I would try to contact NLD for tech support...
They should be able to walk you thru it..
2020-6-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You can't remove the NFZ restriction for DJI drone. That's the whole idea, no matter how annoying it is ...
2020-6-19
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

NFZ software is not compatible with the newest firmware of DJI  and NFZ does not update their software frequently .so spending +200$ kind of burning the money. Unless you buy Evo 2 which is free to fly anywhere.
2020-6-19
Use props
parkloop
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-19 16:51
You can't remove the NFZ restriction for DJI drone. That's the whole idea, no matter how annoying it is ...

You've been lied to.
2020-6-22
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

I just ran into a NFZ zone yesterday for the first time. Could not take off. I had to use the Take Off icon and then was presented with a warning message with a slider to allow take off. No probs after that except I had to do that for each take off.

FWIW: I've since checked the FlySafe database for the area and even though I was in class G airspace I was off the end of an airport with a geo zone set for 150 M. Yeah, higher than I can legally fly.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there parkloop. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who are using the unlocking software from nolimitdronez. In addition, with regards to unlocking a NFZ location you can also send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules