1332 40 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave In NH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13436247 ft
  • >>>
United States

HDR, graded in post using DaVinci Resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwmnIThg2J4
2020-6-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

let me embed that for you.
2020-6-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Great footage.
2020-6-18
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 6-18 17:00
let me embed that for you.
https://youtu.be/KwmnIThg2J4

Thank you! What's the secret? I searched and found nothing that worked.
2020-6-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dave In NH Posted at 6-18 17:03
Thank you! What's the secret? I searched and found nothing that worked.

No problem. Right where you make the video public, copy the
link from there or under the share button copy link from there.
2020-6-18
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hmm. That's where I copied the link from, initially, then changed it to the www. version because the first link didn't 'work' - url was text. I'll try another one here - copied from YT studio:

https://youtu.be/3YpPXFcnAGA
2020-6-18
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 6-18 17:09
No problem. Right where you make the video public, copy the
link from there or under the share button copy link from there.

Hmm. That's where I copied the link from, initially, then changed it to the www. version because the first link didn't 'work' - url was text. I'll try another one here - copied from YT studio:

https://www.youtube/3YpPXFcnAGA
2020-6-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dave In NH Posted at 6-18 17:22
Hmm. That's where I copied the link from, initially, then changed it to the www. version because the first link didn't 'work' - url was text. I'll try another one here - copied from YT studio:

You see in the middle of the youtu.be  That dot is the issue
2020-6-18
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

https://www.youtube.com/3YpPXFcnAGA
2020-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave In NH Posted at 6-18 17:21
Hmm. That's where I copied the link from, initially, then changed it to the www. version because the first link didn't 'work' - url was text. I'll try another one here - copied from YT studio:

This is a short link,  you need to use the full link.
2020-6-19
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Fantastic footage, wonderful location
2020-6-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage
2020-6-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HDR looks really great ...!
2020-6-19
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Stunning images - well done. I've a question about the soundtrack. If I tried to use that track on a youtube clip i published , they'd come back to me saying the audio was copyrighted. did you have any issue with it??
2020-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage Dave.  Love the music.  
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Smashey1 Posted at 6-19 08:53
Stunning images - well done. I've a question about the soundtrack. If I tried to use that track on a youtube clip i published , they'd come back to me saying the audio was copyrighted. did you have any issue with it??

Thank you for taking the time to watch! I appreciate the feedback.
I was very worried that my channel would get nuked for using copyrighted music when I first started on YouTube, so I did a lot of research before posting my first video. I've been posting for 6 years and have 230 videos on my channel, most of which use copyrighted music, and I've never had a problem or received any copyright strikes. This info should be useful to you:

YouTube has worked out deals with most - not all, but most - music publishers to allow content creators to use copyrighted music in their videos. The catch is that any ad revenue generated by the video will go to the copyright holder, not the content creator. In other words, you will not be able to monetize your video if there's copyrighted music in it. Since my channel is a hobby and I don't rely on it for income, I don't care about monitizing my videos. In fact, I consider it very generous that artists allow me to use their songs at all, so I'm willing to pay that price. If you want to monetize your videos, don't use copyrighted music.
When I upload a video with copyrighted music, YouTube sends me a notification that a "Content ID" claim was made on my video. It tells me the details of the claim, and what restrictions are placed on the video as a result. The notification also states that it is NOT a copyright strike and doesn't affect my channel. Here's the exact text, "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike." If you use a copyrighted soundtrack that the publisher doesn't want you to use, the worst that would happen is that YouTube simply wouldn't allow you to share the video - it would be set to 'private' and no one would be able to see it but you.

YouTube used to have a page where you could look up the copyright policy for a song, but they've recently announced that page will be going away soon because no one uses it (except me, of course). In the announcement, they actually stated that the best way to check the policy for any given song would be to simply upload the video and find out. In my opinion, that's not a good solution because I don't want to spend hours editing a video only to NOT be able to share it, but it does imply that uploading a video with copyrighted music that can't be legally used will not get you into trouble.

Since I'm on a roll, I'll also add a few other things to keep in mind:
1. The publisher can change their policy at any time. If they decide that a particular song is no longer allowed, YouTube will automatically set the video to 'private' and it will no longer be visible to anyone but you. You will have the option to change the soundtrack and make the video public again. I've had videos taken down because the publisher changed their policy after the video had been public for months. I changed the soundtrack on 1, and just let the other sit in 'private' status for a few months. Eventually, the publisher changed their policy again, allowing my video to be made public again.
2. Different versions of a song can have different copyright policies. If a song you want to use is prohibited, look to see if the artist has a live version. Often the live version will be allowed, but the album version disallowed. You can also look to see if another artist has done a cover of the song. Often times the cover can be used.
3. Never use copyrighted music in a commercial project unless you've secured permission from the publisher (I've looked into this. It's expensive and there are a lot of legalities. Not worth my effort). 4. Some artists have a lot of control, in addition to that of the publisher. You'll find that if a song from a particular artist can/cannot be used, most of their songs can/cannot be used. None of the songs performed by the Beatles can be used, for example, but almost all songs performed by Pink Floyd can be used.

5. Use policies can vary by country. A video that can be viewed in the US might not be visible to people in Germany, for example. Now that YouTube offers a streaming music service, I don't know how much of an issue this is any longer.

Hope that was helpful. My advice would be to upload a video and see what happens - your channel won't be taken down if the song you want to use isn't allowed.

2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 11:24
Awesome footage Dave.  Love the music.

Thanks! Much appreciated.
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 6-19 08:31
HDR looks really great ...!

I'm really loving it. I fly around water all the time and I've found that it's really useful. The colors can be a little funky sometimes, but the general result is really nice.
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! The setting definitely helps!
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

maddox Posted at 6-19 07:16
Fantastic footage, wonderful location

Thank you! It's one of my favorite places. Very difficult to get a bad shot there.
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 01:37
This is a short link,  you need to use the full link.

I appreciate the help! Still not getting the video embedded in my post with the full link, but it's now behaving like an html link instead of plain text. I'll keep mucking around until I get it. I write code for a living, so this is a little embarrassing!
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 6-18 19:12
You see in the middle of the youtu.be  That dot is the issue

Thanks for the help, Woe. I've tried several different things but it's still not working for me. I'll keep playing around until I figure it out. I'm probably overlooking something stupid.
2020-6-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 12:11
Thanks for the help, Woe. I've tried several different things but it's still not working for me. I'll keep playing around until I figure it out. I'm probably overlooking something stupid.

No worries. keep the videos coming.
2020-6-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 11:51
Thanks! The setting definitely helps!

And the weather
2020-6-19
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Dave in NH,

Out of curiosity.

Did your record in HDR in MA2 and than post-processed in DaVinci Resolve?
Or did you record using D-Cinelike profile in MA2 and than post-processed for HDR-like effect in DaVinci Resolve?

The reason why I am asking is that I played with both options and believe the second one (D-Cinelike and post-processing for HDR in DaVinci)  yields better results.
But I would like to get opinions on this from other forum members.

Mirek
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-19 12:57
And the weather

Oh, definitely! I should add that when I arrived at the lighthouse, I decided to abort the flight because the wind was quite strong. I was pretty bummed out, but then this kid shows up with a brand new Mavic Air 2 and launches. I watched him fly for half an hour and the MA2 performed amazingly well. As soon as he left, I launched mine and captured this footage. It's always nice when someone else is willing to take the risks!
2020-6-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 13:07
Oh, definitely! I should add that when I arrived at the lighthouse, I decided to abort the flight because the wind was quite strong. I was pretty bummed out, but then this kid shows up with a brand new Mavic Air 2 and launches. I watched him fly for half an hour and the MA2 performed amazingly well. As soon as he left, I launched mine and captured this footage. It's always nice when someone else is willing to take the risks!

I did my very first flight with the MA2 in 30MPH gusts - it handled it brilliantly.
2020-6-19
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mirek L Posted at 6-19 13:01
Dave in NH,

Out of curiosity.

This footage was shot in MA2 HDR mode. I haven't shot anything in D-Cinilike yet, but I will be doing so soon as I normally shoot with manual settings. I love the HDR mode, but it does seem to have an effect on the color. It could probably be corrected in post, but I haven't taken the time to play around yet.
2020-6-19
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 13:12
This footage was shot in MA2 HDR mode. I haven't shot anything in D-Cinilike yet, but I will be doing so soon as I normally shoot with manual settings. I love the HDR mode, but it does seem to have an effect on the color. It could probably be corrected in post, but I haven't taken the time to play around yet.

Try and let me know what you think.

I use D-Cinelike now - having played with both HDR and D-Cinelike.
I think (through experimentation) that D-Cinelike has least DJI processing applied allowing me for better control.

Later, In DaVinci, I can adjust highlights, shadows, contrast, color and sharpening to my taste.

Mirek
2020-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 12:06
I appreciate the help! Still not getting the video embedded in my post with the full link, but it's now behaving like an html link instead of plain text. I'll keep mucking around until I get it. I write code for a living, so this is a little embarrassing!

I always copy it from the URL in the browser and make sure I paste it in a clean area without any formatting.  If it pastes and appears to change font or weight it won't work.
2020-6-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's a nice piece of work!
2020-6-20
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 07:19
I always copy it from the URL in the browser and make sure I paste it in a clean area without any formatting.  If it pastes and appears to change font or weight it won't work.

Thanks! I finally figured it out, and I did end up copying the link from the browser. Whew!
2020-6-20
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 6-20 07:27
That's a nice piece of work!

Thanks a lot, Alabama. Much appreciated.
2020-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 11:48
Thanks! Much appreciated.

You're very welcome.
2020-6-20
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 11:46
Thank you for taking the time to watch! I appreciate the feedback.
I was very worried that my channel would get nuked for using copyrighted music when I first started on YouTube, so I did a lot of research before posting my first video. I've been posting for 6 years and have 230 videos on my channel, most of which use copyrighted music, and I've never had a problem or received any copyright strikes. This info should be useful to you:

Thanks Dave, I’ve played around with a few sequences (novice at drone flight! Cinematography and post production)  and have used regular music track but  have been afraid to post these on YouTube
2020-6-20
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Dave In NH Posted at 6-19 11:54
Thank you! It's one of my favorite places. Very difficult to get a bad shot there.

You're welcome Fave!
2020-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave In NH Posted at 6-20 09:06
Thanks! I finally figured it out, and I did end up copying the link from the browser. Whew!

Excellent. Did you figure out what you were doing wrong?
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dave In NH. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video that you have created. The scenery from above is amazing. Great work and two thumbs up.
2020-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2020-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-6-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules