Footage Loss
771 6 2020-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

So I was shooting some normal footage tonight like I usually do but when I go to edit it all was completely gone. I checked with the micro sd on the drone and computer and nothing. Some of the photos I took were saved on dji fly app but when I hit the aircraft tab it is just gone. The footage I didnt have on the fly app was hyperlaspes (All in 8k) so that leads me to think it was the new firmware update that messed it up. Before, it was 2 gray squares when I shot 8k but now its gone lol. Even if it was the hyperlaspe my photos are gone as well, they are only on the app. Some other possible issues could be that 2 of the 4 hyperlaspes I shot were right when it had the mandatory landing initiated but then shouldnt I still have 2 of them. Let me know if you have this issue or know how to fix it thanks.
2020-6-18
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Did you check the internal storage of the drone?
2020-6-18
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

JEZ2 Posted at 6-18 17:00
Did you check the internal storage of the drone?

Yup, just double checked and I still have nothing lol. Thanks tho
2020-6-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also thought a lot of my first videos taken before I installed an SD card were missing. I just checked tonight and they are all there. I have no idea why that happened.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Stoney. I am sorry to read and to know what happened. Can you please try using a different SD card to see if the issue will still persist. Juts a reminder to always stop the video recording before tuning off the DJI Mavic Air 2 to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Please keep us posted on the said issue and fly safe always.
2020-6-22
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 22:54
Hello there Stoney. I am sorry to read and to know what happened. Can you please try using a different SD card to see if the issue will still persist. Juts a reminder to always stop the video recording before tuning off the DJI Mavic Air 2 to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Please keep us posted on the said issue and fly safe always.

Thanks for replying and sorry for my response so late. I didn't even need to change the sd card as I tested it right after the loss and it was fine. On that flight I took a lot of footage so I think either the computer was overloaded with data. Another potential problem is when I was recording the hyperlaspe the auto landing was activating causing a glitch I have had multiple times before where it won't let me stop, start, or even change between photo, video, or smart modes. This was however the first time I lost the footage.
2020-7-4
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

For deleted photos from SD card or computer even drone you can simply use Stellar Photo Recovery software which help you to retrieve photos from microSD on th edrone and computer to fix this issue. Thanks!
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules