1174 4 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elvizz666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83317 ft
Thailand

Hi,
I recently purchased the new Mavic Air 2 and I am really happy with it.
In the beginning the compass worked fine but the last to flights I did it was not working. All I saw was a blinking red sign at the bottom of my smartphone screen where you normally should see the compass respectively in which direction your drone is located in relation to your position. Does anyone have the same issue?
How do I solve this problem? With a new compass and/or IMU calibration?

Thanks for your help.

2020-6-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you flying in exactly the same take off point as you were when the compass reading was fine or has it started doing that at a new flight location? If the latter there may be heavy metal objects in the area such as rebar reenforcing concrete etc causing an interference in which case simply move location. Do not calibrate the compass in an area with metal objects/electromagnetism as you may corrupt the calibration. If not and you feel that you need to calibrate the IMU then do that after the drone has cooled down on a dead flat level surface (at home is best) but never calibrate the compass indoors. In most cases simply changing location sorts it out without the need of calibrating anything.
2020-6-20
Use props
Elvizz666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83317 ft
Thailand

I just found the problem: the compass and the GPS on my phone were deactivated. All is working fine now.
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know you've figured out the issue, happy and safe flying.
2020-6-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elvizz666 Posted at 6-20 04:51
I just found the problem: the compass and the GPS on my phone were deactivated. All is working fine now.

Thats good to know and take note of my points in post 2 as well for future reference.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules