iPhone SE and DJI Fly App
11823 16 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JmNfqTr9Xt1i
New

United States

Hello ,
I would like to get a new phone, and the Box for my Mavic Mini lists the iPhone SE as a compatible device. Is anyone using the SE with the DJI Fly app with success?

2020-6-20
Use props
dingo_do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78780 ft
United Kingdom

Yup, I use an iPhone SE and it's great.
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_JmNfqTr9Xt1i
New

United States

Great !   Thank you ....
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry about the compatibility of the iPhone SE to the DJI Mavic Mini. I hope that you will get the best information you need from our DJI co pilots who uses the said device in flying there DJI Mavic Mini. In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_htDypd4Z5Q5j
New

France

Any news concerning the compatibility with Iphone SE and Mavic mini?
2020-7-21
Use props
59 North TV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20456 ft
United Kingdom

Been working just fine on my iPhone SE, though I have to say I use it more with the iPad Pro as the screen is bigger.
2020-7-21
Use props
基隆不老登山客
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148845 ft
Taiwan

Big issue and confirmed by DJI support that MINI 2 is not working well for new feature of DJI MINI 2 Quick Transfer. When connect to MINI 2 via WiFi, you can not open the album and back to main menu than open the album. But after you open a photo or video, you can not get back to Album and show next photo or video.

Check this link for the case of iPhone SE 2020.
2021-1-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which iPhone SE? The old or 2020 SE?
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_5rIF8N5T6by0
New

United States

Hello,
I can't connect my DJI mini 2 to my iphone SE 2020. The wire just doesn't fit the plug. Is that normal or am I missing something?
Thank you
2021-3-6
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_5rIF8N5T6by0 Posted at 3-6 11:27
Hello,
I can't connect my DJI mini 2 to my iphone SE 2020. The wire just doesn't fit the plug. Is that normal or am I missing something?
Thank you

My Mini 1 works perfectly with both my first and second generation iPhone SEs using the provided cable.
2021-3-11
Use props
Scottie20
New
United Kingdom

I’m having issues with a second gen iPhone SE (2020) and connection with the Mavic Mini 2.  Connection not reliable - drops out whilst in flight.  Didn’t have any issues with my first gen iPhone SE.  Any updates on a resolution (hopefully not buy another phone.
2021-11-24
Use props
Timmerdude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 462041 ft
Netherlands

I do not understand why DJI is not updating the Fly app for iPhone SE. At least make a close button for the settings screen. Buying another iPhone is ridiculous!
I can fly with a iPhone SE, but it is very difficult to close the settings screen what makes flying sometimes dangerous.
DJI Fly - 1.jpeg
2021-12-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Timmerdude Posted at 12-3 00:13
I do not understand why DJI is not updating the Fly app for iPhone SE. At least make a close button for the settings screen. Buying another iPhone is ridiculous!
I can fly with a iPhone SE, but it is very difficult to close the settings screen what makes flying sometimes dangerous.

On my SE (2nd gen) the Settings screen doesn't take that much space, I have a band on the left where I can click to go back to the camera view. If the screenshot above is really what you see, maybe it's because of some iOS display setting, like zoom level or text size. Try playing with those and see if they make a difference for DJI Fly.

2021-12-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_5rIF8N5T6by0 Posted at 3-6 11:27
Hello,
Thank you

Both the Mini 1 and Mini 2 come with iPhone-compatible cables (Lightning connector), and the iPhone SE is no different. Make sure it's not your phone case obstructing the port... the DJI connector might be a bit thicker than others, and that's maybe why it cannot be fully inserted.
2021-12-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Scottie20 Posted at 11-24 04:56
I’m having issues with a second gen iPhone SE (2020) and connection with the Mavic Mini 2.  Connection not reliable - drops out whilst in flight.  Didn’t have any issues with my first gen iPhone SE.  Any updates on a resolution (hopefully not buy another phone.

Turn WiFi off and see if that makes a difference.
2021-12-3
Use props
kahristelle c
New

New Zealand

Anyone here have a dji mini 2 se. Just wanna know if iphone 8 works for this drone. My s ultra 20 wont work.
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kahristelle c Posted at 11-12 12:14
Anyone here have a dji mini 2 se. Just wanna know if iphone 8 works for this drone. My s ultra 20 wont work.

Hi there. Regretfully, the iPhone 8 is not listed as supported on the recommended list https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Generally, devices not listed can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules