My $44 Mavic 2 hard storage/travel case
734 6 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MainByte
lvl.3
United States

I really wanted to get a hard case to carry my Mavic in that offered some hard case protection.

I picked up a an Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight for $44.  Their regular price is $55 but I had a sale coupon that I used.  They had several colors available and I went with the green.  This is a nice sized case, and seems very strong.  Overall I am pleased with the quality of this case.  It describes it as being "Weatherproof", and it does lock on the front and sides and does have a rubber ring around the lid, and I think it would easily keep out moister, but it not mentioned to be "Waterproof".

The case measures roughly, 20" x 15.5" and 7 5/8" tall.  It comes with 2 layers of customizable foam inside so you can make two different layers of cutouts if needed.  As an example, I only used the top layer of foam for the Smart Controller, and you make some storage space under the Smart Controller in the bottom layer of foam.  The lid has the standard waffle shaped foam.  

I laid out my parts and took my time removing parts of the foam to make my cutouts, as once you remove it you can't really put it back.

All in all I am pleased with the case and am very confident that it will protect my drones and its accessories. Everything fits nice and snug, but not tight.  I am sure I am not the first person to do this, but I have used these cases in the past (they do come in many sizes), for other equipment I have and thought others might be interested in what I used.  

Below is photo of my case:

apache4880.jpg

Below are some photos of the inside of case filled with my gear:

case-2.jpg

case.jpg

2020-6-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice
2020-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Looks very solid
2020-6-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice looking set up
2020-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Super case,   Im a hard case fan.
2020-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks great!
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MainByte. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this cool case that you have purchased for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. This case looks sturdy and heavy duty. Great find and thank you for your support.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules