1012 17 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

Good morning all,

I have had a Mavic Mini since its release and I must say that I am starting to get impatient to see the new updates of the dji Fly app coming out without ever bringing the features that everyone here has been asking for months and that were already present on my old drone the Spark which was also an entry level drone, I mean:

- panoramas, and especially 360 °
- Active track
- a black strip at the top to see the battery charge
- a chronology of the battery life

I also do not understand why the QuickShots are now limited by a ridiculous distance, while on the Spark there was the possibility of making a rocket at 100m distance?

In addition, the unbearable beep of the remote control when the drone's battery reaches 20%, without having the possibility of turning it off or changing the intensity of the beep or even setting a lower level of 5 or 10% stresses me more than 'something else when I fly my drone and I am on the verge of opening the remote control to cut the speaker wire ...

DJI, I think I have been very patient since my purchase, telling me that the Dji Fly app was still new and that you would gradually copy / paste the code of Dji GO 4 to add all these features that were already on my Spark .

But apart from launching more than 10 updates that had the sole purpose of correcting all your bugs and making your drones stop falling from the sky, nothing has been done to listen to your customers!

Today I admit to being really disappointed with this drone which I thought to be the worthy successor of Spark but which turns out to be a drone devoid of basic functionalities and much more fragile and which I must handle with great care, its only advantage ? Its foldable arms to transport it more easily, but I must say that in view of its non wind resistance, its fragility which obliges me to carry it in its bag at all times and the cruel lack of all the features which I have spoken my drone stays at home and I hardly fly anymore, I am also starting to think very seriously about selling it…

DJI, if you wish to survive I strongly advise you to take into account the customers.
2020-6-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were the features advertised? If not then they are not missing. You should never buy a drone based on what you think it should have.
2020-6-21
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

Product come to the market, but unfinished, with a lot of issues. There was a lot of updates but with a small improvements. One of the crucial is missing: a black strip at the top to see the battery charge. Also quick shot with limited distance is ridiculous .
2020-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are so many of these threads. You need to grow up and face it . You want the features you pay for them. Crying won’t cut it. You also need to remember Spark cost €799 almost 3 years ago mini €399 so if Spark has more features it’s because people paid more for them .

You do realize that you got plenty of free features already.
2020-6-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skydiver021 Posted at 6-21 12:08
Product come to the market, but unfinished, with a lot of issues. There was a lot of updates but with a small improvements. One of the crucial is missing: a black strip at the top to see the battery charge. Also quick shot with limited distance is ridiculous .

Don't get me wrong - 350 quid is a nice wedge in any walk but in the world of drones and especially DJI it is peanuts - I've seen ND filters that cost more than the Mavic Mini. The MM is a very, very basic entry level drone - it's main selling point is that it's weight defines it as a toy by aviation authorities so you don't have to spend a fiver registering it. It flies for a good stretch, it takes good enough 2.7K video and 12mp stills from what I've seen on here and you can take it with you almost anywhere. If you need more then buy a Mavic Air 2.
2020-6-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Usually when the RC beeps you have around couple of minutes of allowance to get it back... it beeps for a reason. And you never know how is going to turn on its way back.
Anyway... a resistor should do the trick, but you'll probably have to cut a trace and splice it inline.
2020-6-21
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

"Today I admit to being really disappointed with this drone which I thought to be the worthy successor of Spark but which turns out to be a drone devoid of basic functionalities and much more fragile and which I must handle with great care, its only advantage ? Its foldable arms to transport it more easily, but I must say that in view of its non wind resistance, its fragility which obliges me to carry it in its bag at all times and the cruel lack of all the features which I have spoken my drone stays at home and I hardly fly anymore, I am also starting to think very seriously about selling it…"

Are you expecting DJI to make your drone less fragile and more able to handle wind with a software update?
You should stop waiting and sell.
2020-6-21
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They are two different drones. This isn't the Spark 2. It's the Mavic Mini. The Spark had front sensors to do a lot of things the mini can't. They didn't false advertise anything regarding the mini, perhaps you didn't do enough research into the drone before purchasing it... As for the battery warning at 20%, it's to keep your battery healthy. These batteries can get damaged going to 0% charge. Using them to around 20% keeps them healthy and they will last longer.
2020-6-21
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

you make your choice and pay your money, no good harping after the fact that you want more added to it because other drones have the features you want, should have spent a bit more, if money is an issue then be happy with what you got and save up for better, all these I want this and I want that added to the MINI everywhere on this forum and others is getting really boring now. yeah I know I don't have to read em but scrolling down through post after post moaning about the I want this, and I lost/crashed/it flew away and didn't do this or that is more than likely the manuals never been read, straight out the box and in the air, is getting to be a drag. so, fire away, I can take it.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter, I will forward these information to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-6-24
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Greece

My friend, a small advice. You are totally right in your requests. And hopefully they will get implemented. But as you can see the mod is sorry for the trouble you had. I don't think he even read the post properly.    There are some old dudes who have ballsacks on the ground and are using walkers here. We call them boomers. They don't want change they don't want improvement. They are people who cant get get it up nor satisfy anyone( you get what I mean;) ). So they talk in the forums which they are not "kitted to do" I can name many of them. But you will see they will be replying to my post in a few days. Stay away from them. They are the cancer of this forum community.

Keep on making valid good points and keep on doing your research. Yes you have a valid point but there are some limitations too. I would highly advise you to find your own solution. As you can see the management is also not really optimized. There is a software development kit coming up in july. If possible I have managed a team of 3 old university friends of mine we will be coding for these attributes people ask. Its gonna be like an offjob chill project, so dont expect much as we also have not much experience for coding into drones but I will do my best to push these wanted attributes into a fairly cheap app(per se 10$). So hang in there. Dji is doing a really good job in marketing and sales that is unquestionable. But the customer representation part/feedback is really poor. So basically whatever push you are having in mind will unfortunately go unnoticed. But if you find a way to cut of their sales by  a noticable amount I believe you can gain their attention. But unfortunately not on the forums.  (ps: we will be coding for android first and port it to ios later)
2020-6-24
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-24 22:00
My friend, a small advice. You are totally right in your requests. And hopefully they will get implemented. But as you can see the mod is sorry for the trouble you had. I don't think he even read the post properly.    There are some old dudes who have ballsacks on the ground and are using walkers here. We call them boomers. They don't want change they don't want improvement. They are people who cant get get it up nor satisfy anyone( you get what I mean;) ). So they talk in the forums which they are not "kitted to do" I can name many of them. But you will see they will be replying to my post in a few days. Stay away from them. They are the cancer of this forum community.

Keep on making valid good points and keep on doing your research. Yes you have a valid point but there are some limitations too. I would highly advise you to find your own solution. As you can see the management is also not really optimized. There is a software development kit coming up in july. If possible I have managed a team of 3 old university friends of mine we will be coding for these attributes people ask. Its gonna be like an offjob chill project, so dont expect much as we also have not much experience for coding into drones but I will do my best to push these wanted attributes into a fairly cheap app(per se 10$). So hang in there. Dji is doing a really good job in marketing and sales that is unquestionable. But the customer representation part/feedback is really poor. So basically whatever push you are having in mind will unfortunately go unnoticed. But if you find a way to cut of their sales by  a noticable amount I believe you can gain their attention. But unfortunately not on the forums.  (ps: we will be coding for android first and port it to ios later)

2020-6-24
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-24 22:00
My friend, a small advice. You are totally right in your requests. And hopefully they will get implemented. But as you can see the mod is sorry for the trouble you had. I don't think he even read the post properly.    There are some old dudes who have ballsacks on the ground and are using walkers here. We call them boomers. They don't want change they don't want improvement. They are people who cant get get it up nor satisfy anyone( you get what I mean;) ). So they talk in the forums which they are not "kitted to do" I can name many of them. But you will see they will be replying to my post in a few days. Stay away from them. They are the cancer of this forum community.

Keep on making valid good points and keep on doing your research. Yes you have a valid point but there are some limitations too. I would highly advise you to find your own solution. As you can see the management is also not really optimized. There is a software development kit coming up in july. If possible I have managed a team of 3 old university friends of mine we will be coding for these attributes people ask. Its gonna be like an offjob chill project, so dont expect much as we also have not much experience for coding into drones but I will do my best to push these wanted attributes into a fairly cheap app(per se 10$). So hang in there. Dji is doing a really good job in marketing and sales that is unquestionable. But the customer representation part/feedback is really poor. So basically whatever push you are having in mind will unfortunately go unnoticed. But if you find a way to cut of their sales by  a noticable amount I believe you can gain their attention. But unfortunately not on the forums.  (ps: we will be coding for android first and port it to ios later)

Thank you for your constructive response, unfortunately I also noted this disease called “boomers” and I prefer to avoid responding to this kind of character who does nothing for our society… My message was mainly intended for DJI, I noticed that the moderators on this forum always repeat the same automatic sentences without really reading or forwarding the information to DJI but except on this forum I did not see where to convey my dissatisfaction and this message may avoid other people of this have this drone that barely equals a Tello…

I admit that I was fooled by all of this articles and videos from Youtubeur paid by DJI to sell the merits of this drone facing the wind or its solidity or its video quality and to announce the successor to Spark. But I quickly realized by unpacking the poor quality of the plastic compared to my old Spark.

With the back I understand why this drone was launched so quickly and without success, the 249 grams! Who were the marketing argument N ° 1, not for the weight and the transport but to thwart the regulations in force in many countries, including France and Europe argument which lost all its interest only a few weeks after the release of Mavic Mini when Europe reviews the regulations by lifting the concept of weight and 250 grams…

I am a developer myself, and when I saw the new Fly app I got it Ok the app is not finished yet they will probably re-integrate the options that were present on GO 4, which they did for white balance (fortunately), but since the release of Mavic air 2 all the improvements of the app are for this model!
And I consider it a bug in UX design not to add a damn black bar at the top of the screen to see the battery charge, and as a false advertisement to sell a drone which is sold to fly 30min but unusable when the battery drops to 20% or 6min less flight which is huge!

Last points that I did not mention: the lack of fans in this drone, someone has already tried to let it lay flat on a desk the time to transfer photos and videos? After not even 20min the drone overheats and asks to be turned off, I had to find a solution and balance it so that it is raised and the air can pass.
PS: keep me informed for this application, even if I am on IOS ;)
2020-6-26
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

A J Posted at 6-21 13:28
Don't get me wrong - 350 quid is a nice wedge in any walk but in the world of drones and especially DJI it is peanuts - I've seen ND filters that cost more than the Mavic Mini. The MM is a very, very basic entry level drone - it's main selling point is that it's weight defines it as a toy by aviation authorities so you don't have to spend a fiver registering it. It flies for a good stretch, it takes good enough 2.7K video and 12mp stills from what I've seen on here and you can take it with you almost anywhere. If you need more then buy a Mavic Air 2.

Don't get me wrong too, but am I asking to much to see battery clearly on a mobile phone? White icon on a blue sky, very clever. We fly by day and not by a night.
2020-6-27
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Greece

clem clem Posted at 6-26 10:02
Thank you for your constructive response, unfortunately I also noted this disease called “boomers” and I prefer to avoid responding to this kind of character who does nothing for our society… My message was mainly intended for DJI, I noticed that the moderators on this forum always repeat the same automatic sentences without really reading or forwarding the information to DJI but except on this forum I did not see where to convey my dissatisfaction and this message may avoid other people of this have this drone that barely equals a Tello…

I admit that I was fooled by all of this articles and videos from Youtubeur paid by DJI to sell the merits of this drone facing the wind or its solidity or its video quality and to announce the successor to Spark. But I quickly realized by unpacking the poor quality of the plastic compared to my old Spark.

You have good points and a valid argument. Buuut it is what it is unfortunately. I'll also try to address a type of overlay about the top bar if dji doesn't give a black bar. Cause it seems everyone wants it. Anyways cheers!!
2020-6-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skydiver021 Posted at 6-27 14:06
Don't get me wrong too, but am I asking to much to see battery clearly on a mobile phone? White icon on a blue sky, very clever. We fly by day and not by a night.

Would be nice eh if only for the MA2 owners - lets see if DJI give it as they overlooked that one on the Fly App in the last update. That said, I've always managed to land my MA2 with 15-20% remaining and no crashes after flying it 30 times in the past month but it would be easier for noobs I guess who can't read countdown timers and know how low bettery RTH works. Fingers crossed they update the battery % icon for you - what colour and font size would you like Sir? Green? Yellow? Apaque?
2020-6-28
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

If the battery is not clearly visible, is that okay for you? It's easy for you to tap the icon or see the icon. I don't care about the color of the icon. I want it to be clearly visible and I am not alone with this request. All the icons in the top row are small and barely visible. I notice on your profile that you are not the owner of the Mavic Mini?
2020-6-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skydiver021 Posted at 6-28 10:34
If the battery is not clearly visible, is that okay for you? It's easy for you to tap the icon or see the icon. I don't care about the color of the icon. I want it to be clearly visible and I am not alone with this request. All the icons in the top row are small and barely visible. I notice on your profile that you are not the owner of the Mavic Mini?

No I don't own the Mavic Mini but I do fly the Mavic Air 2 which uses the same app. Do you only read and reply to threads about the Mavic Mini as the only drone you own? Anyway, as I said, it would be nice to have larger icons, eh!
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules