Hyperlapse "Camera Orientation Too Small" ???
2483 5 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dakar Enduro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

Does anyone know what the error message that you get on the top of the hyperlapse settings bar means? It can say Camera Orientation Too Small. Or it says Too Big. And gives you a numerical degree value. But I can't figure out if that relates to camera pointing direction, gimbal angle, zoom, etc. And no documentation on this in dji manual I could find or the dji waypoint instructional videos. You can seemingly still add the waypoint and run the hyperlapse....

IMG_20191229_102935.jpg
2020-6-22
Use props
Dakar Enduro
Second Officer
Senegal

Anyone have any idea?
I had this posted in Mavic 2 Zoom, but no replies so I moved to General Support hoping someone might have an answer.
Thanks.
2020-6-22
Use props
Dakar Enduro
Second Officer
Senegal

No one can answer this, not even a DJI Moderator?
2020-6-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dakar Enduro Posted at 6-25 11:51
No one can answer this, not even a DJI Moderator?

I've noticed this as well, no idea what is this referring to. Probably one of many software gremlins DJI is good at. Just ignore it and fly your baby ...
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out ot DJI Forum. With regards to this query. This feature notifies the user, what is the current vertical angle of the gimbal. If you have further inquiry or concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-6-29
Use props
mavic_user
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177070 ft
Hong Kong

Angle too small
This warning only shows up when the previous waypoint is very close to the one being defined. It's so close that the app considers them to be the same point. When two neighbouring waypoints have the same position but differ only in the camera direction, the drone will hold it's position and just pan the camera from the direction defined for waypoint 1 to that for waypoint 2 when taking pictures. Apparently the app assumes that some minimum number of pictures will be taken between the two waypoints / camera directions. If the angular difference is so small that the angle delta betwen consecutive pictures is smaller than the step size of yaw control, the app will consider the mission to be inexecutable and reject the waypoint setting. The solution suggested by the DJI people is to increase the seperation between neighbouring waypoints.

Angle too Big
The maximum allowed change in camera direction depends on the seperation between neighbouring waypoints. The further they are apart, the larger the angle allowed. There is a rule in the app that the camera direction delta between two consecutive pictures cannot be too large or the resulting hyperlapse footage will look jerky. This puts a limit on the total change in camera direction in going from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2. The larger the waypoint seperation, the more the number of pictures that will be taken in between hence the larger the angle change allowed.
2020-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules