Red Battery icon
1205 12 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

New to me. I got a pulsating battery icon while in flight with battery at 36% no other warnings. I believe I had a verbal and on screen flag that the mini was going warm( working with setting before taking off. Mini no like that when in the 80's. I lifted off and in a few seconds the red alert flag went away. I'm wondering if the Red battery icon could be a over heating battery?I have a screen shot I did after I landed and walked o anoth area. yes it reads 21% but started at 36.

Screenshot_20200622-161126_resized.jpg
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter, flying the drone outside the recommend temperature may affect the performance of the drone' battery during flight. I would recommend to please try flying the drone in a different location within the recommended temperature to isolate the issue, Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-25
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Couple days ago as I was flying and watching my monitor with enjoyment I notice that my battery icon was red and below 20% I only could make out on a quick glace  the first character was a 1 and no alert of low battery and I was beating feet to my LZ. The last time I had checked there was still 40% of battery After landing I checked to make sure my notifications were on and they were. I had still been using the old 1.1.4 firmware but, sense I hadn't heard of any issues I installed 1.1.5 that evening.
2020-7-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the Mini has no cooling fan, it depends on air convection on the bottom to cool it, and when it is sitting on the ground that is very limited. I want to leave it there until it has enough sats to work well but that conflicts with the cooling problem in hot weather. So I devised a small open-air stand to keep it several inches above the landing mat until I have the sats I want, then put the mini down on the mat for takeoff.
2020-7-1
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Thanks GaryDoug for verifying about blinking battery icon.  yes I do fine better to hover at 2m's or home point setting point.
2020-7-2
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can click the battery icon on the screen to get more detailed battery info like temperature, voltage info etc. Like gary said, the mini has no cooling fans so uses the rotating props and air passing through it in flight to cool itself. If you have it on sitting stationary for a long time in the sun or heat it could be an issue. Sit it on something where air can go through it perhaps if you need to have it stay on for some time before flight.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-1 18:44
Because the Mini has no cooling fan, it depends on air convection on the bottom to cool it, and when it is sitting on the ground that is very limited. I want to leave it there until it has enough sats to work well but that conflicts with the cooling problem in hot weather. So I devised a small open-air stand to keep it several inches above the landing mat until I have the sats I want, then put the mini down on the mat for takeoff.

It doesn't have a cooling fan? OMG - I never knew that. Updating firmware must have been a bit of a nightmare.
2020-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-2 13:44
It doesn't have a cooling fan? OMG - I never knew that. Updating firmware must have been a bit of a nightmare.

I do that inside with the air conditioning on, like most sane people ;-)
2020-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3Recon Posted at 7-2 11:27
Thanks GaryDoug for verifying about blinking battery icon.  yes I do fine better to hover at 2m's or home point setting point.

That works but it does use up more battery power while hovering.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-2 14:29
I do that inside with the air conditioning on, like most sane people.

We don't typically have air con in houses here in the UK so on the rare occasions is does reach 30c+ here (as it did last week) I'd imagine a fair few would have had problems. But on the flip side if we saw someone put a mini on an open air stand on top of a landing pad we would probably think they were nuts too.
2020-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-2 14:36
We don't typically have air con in houses here in the UK so on the rare occasions is does reach 30c+ here (as it did last week) I'd imagine a fair few would have had problems. But on the flip side if we saw someone put a mini on an open air stand on top of a landing pad we would probably think they were nuts too.

It was 35C here today and almost 40C on the landing mat. As for the stand, it is worse than that. I made it from a plastic butter bin ;-) Cost=$0.00.

2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-2 14:49
It was 35C here today and almost 40C on the landing mat. As for the stand, it is worse than that. I made it from a plastic butter bin ;-) Cost=$0.00.

[view_image]

Hahahahaha - very inventive. That airflow will help for sure.
2020-7-2
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

that's called recycling
Flew today , first time with 1.1.5 firmware and things went as they should of. Battery turned red at 30% like mention by others and low battery warning came on at 20%
GaryDoug when adjusting for my mini filter I do tend to hover, I think we all do
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules