I lost Fly app visual in the air!!!
719 4 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I was flying and suddenly lost the visual in the app!!!  Coming from the Spark I immediately thought I'd lost signal between the drone and RC.  At the top of the Fly app, there was a red message that said "RC not connected".  The drone was hovering about 50m away and 30m up.  I tried the controls and they worked.  I hit RTH and it worked.  Enroute home, I checked the cord to my phone and it had been bumped enough so I wasn't getting a good contact.  I reset it and immediately got the RC connection.  Yay!!!  Just wanted you all to be aware of this issue and file this info away for another day.  In the AF we had emergency procedures we had to memorize because there would not be enough time to refer to a checklist to find out what procedure to follow.  This is definitely one procedure I'll memorize:   Loss of Fly app visual or red "RC not connected" message = check RC connection to the mobile device.   You all fly safe!!!

2020-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nice tip.  
2020-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the heads up!
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing your personal insight and experience from your mission. This will be a great help to our valued DJI co pilots when encountering this type situation. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2020-6-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another advantage of the smart controller - no loose cables.
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules