4404 28 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any word on when we can expect the firmware update on the Smart Controller that will enable it to work with the Mavic Air 2?
2020-6-23
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

I am also very keenly  waiting for this update. An ETA would be nice ?
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BillTheDroneReviewer. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.
2020-6-25
Use props
djiuser_Zn3eoE0D9m1F
New

Canada

Would be nice if they would tell us when, my new smart controller is just collecting dust.
2020-6-25
Use props
Geux
lvl.2
Netherlands

I returned my Smart Controller. I don’t like keeping a 600+ euro device useless for weeks / months until it may finally work with my Air 2.

If/when DJI finally makes it compatible with the OCUSYNC 2.0 capable Mavic Air 2, I may decide to buy it again.

World upside down........
2020-7-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing as yet - fingers crossed!
2020-7-10
Use props
Maximus007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81289 ft

United States

Would be nice to know if dji will bundle it the same way as Mavic 2...
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_uVDzVTc5oRwl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364 ft
United States

I am also waiting for the Smart Controller to support the Air 2. It's disappointing that DJI has not given us a timeline for the firmware upgrade. I'm sure many Air 2 owners would opt for the Smart Controller.
2020-7-22
Use props
djiuser_uVDzVTc5oRwl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364 ft
United States

Their ad (from B&H Photo) states:

[1] The DJI Smart Controller is compatible with any DJI drone that uses OcuSync 2.0. It will also be compatible with Mavic 2 Enterprise. To ensure compatibility, always make sure your aircraft is updated with the latest firmware.
2020-7-22
Use props
djiuser_6P92ue6qQmvE
lvl.1

United States

When will the smart controller work with mavic air 2 tell us the truth if its not ever going to work. We were told it would be able to work with ma2 within weeks when the controller was released in 2019, I now have cyrstalsky and the smart controller and neither of these high dollar machines seem anywhere near worth keeping.if its not going to happen at least be good enough to tell us so we can stop looking for it!
2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_ooQAieRjDQ3P
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-25 19:38
Hello there BillTheDroneReviewer. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.

Hey Stephen, will they ever release a Mavic Air 2-Smart Controller BUNDLE?????
2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ooQAieRjDQ3P Posted at 9-5 15:30
Hey Stephen, will they ever release a Mavic Air 2-Smart Controller BUNDLE?????

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information if DJI will release a DJI Mavic Air 2 - Smart Controller Bundle and with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition the DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-8
Use props
JeromeL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280364 ft
France

Hello,

I have the feeling that DJI is announcing a lot regarding the Air series but is constantly downgrading it (remove sensors, Goggle compatibility, plane Mode, smart controller, etc...) to not throwing shadow to the Mavic Serie. If you look at the Air 2, it's super frustrating because it is better than the Mavic 2 in so many ways but lacks of basic things like 360 degrees sensors. Please DJI, stop lowering the Air series and simply merge Mavic and Mavic Air into one. Maybe like that we would have the compatibility you promised with Smart Controller (because I'm clearly not sure we will have it one day or another) and so on....

Thx
Jerome
2020-9-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

JeromeL Posted at 9-14 01:42
Hello,

I have the feeling that DJI is announcing a lot regarding the Air series but is constantly downgrading it (remove sensors, Goggle compatibility, plane Mode, smart controller, etc...) to not throwing shadow to the Mavic Serie. If you look at the Air 2, it's super frustrating because it is better than the Mavic 2 in so many ways but lacks of basic things like 360 degrees sensors. Please DJI, stop lowering the Air series and simply merge Mavic and Mavic Air into one. Maybe like that we would have the compatibility you promised with Smart Controller (because I'm clearly not sure we will have it one day or another) and so on....

Sorry, but I will whole heartedly disagree!  The market definitely needs a mid-tier priced drone like the Air 2 and an upper-tier priced drone like the Mavic 2 Pro.  Although the Air 2 has encroached on the tech from the Mavic 2 series, as it should since it is 2 years newer, it definitely has not surpassed the M2P in many ways.

Also, DJI continues to say (in the post right before yours) they will be supporting the Smart Controller with the Air 2.  It won't come as quick as everybody wants it, but it will come!  Quite honestly, it was a big mistake on their part to not have it ready at the same time as the drone.  They would have made a ton more money if they had done so.  I, like many, really want this to happen soon!
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_ooQAieRjDQ3P
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-8 01:29
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information if DJI will release a DJI Mavic Air 2 - Smart Controller Bundle and with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition the DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

If you do hear anything, let the people know. Imagine that bundle. Thank you
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ooQAieRjDQ3P Posted at 9-23 21:05

The firmware on the smart controller was released yesterday making it compatible with the Mavic Air 2.
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ooQAieRjDQ3P Posted at 9-23 21:05

Hi there. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Rest assured that if the said bundle will be available it will definitely be posted on our official DJI webpage and I will send you a notification as well for you to be informed. Thank you.
2020-9-25
Use props
Formerscopie
New
Flight distance : 96014 ft
United Kingdom

Like so many Mavic Air 2 owners I was delighted to learn that finally it was added to the Smart Controller however, after spending a fortune on one I can honestly say it is a waste of money in my opinion. Everyone has has big problems with the firmware update, it took most of a day to get to work in my case. Once done it opens the Fly app but the functionality is not as good as the standard Mavic Air 2 stock controller. Most of the features on the SC only work if you have a drone that uses Go rather than Fly. The Bluetooth function is worse than useless and all the ‘smart’ methods of sharing or transferring photos and video don’t work. The only way appears to be by removing the sd card from the MA2 and plugging it into an external device. At least with the original MA2 controller and my Apple phone it was dynamic.

Sadly, my expectation was not met, I appear to have purchased a very expensive clear bright screen. DJI should have got this right
2020-9-27
Use props
JeromeL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280364 ft
France

KlooGee Posted at 9-14 01:57
Sorry, but I will whole heartedly disagree!  The market definitely needs a mid-tier priced drone like the Air 2 and an upper-tier priced drone like the Mavic 2 Pro.  Although the Air 2 has encroached on the tech from the Mavic 2 series, as it should since it is 2 years newer, it definitely has not surpassed the M2P in many ways.

Also, DJI continues to say (in the post right before yours) they will be supporting the Smart Controller with the Air 2.  It won't come as quick as everybody wants it, but it will come!  Quite honestly, it was a big mistake on their part to not have it ready at the same time as the drone.  They would have made a ton more money if they had done so.  I, like many, really want this to happen soon!

You were right, the Smart Controller support finally arrived! Glad to be wrong on this one.
2020-9-28
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JeromeL Posted at 9-28 03:30
You were right, the Smart Controller support finally arrived! Glad to be wrong on this one.

Cheers!  I'm so happy to have the SC with the Air 2!  It makes a huge difference!  I hate flying with my phone!  
2020-9-29
Use props
fans5a9bcb3f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Trying to update my SC to the latest version.-Stalls out at 99% done.-Any suggestions?
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5a9bcb3f Posted at 10-1 12:19
Trying to update my SC to the latest version.-Stalls out at 99% done.-Any suggestions?

Make sure you have at least 3gb free before installing the FW
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_UXPXpApeR8Kk
New

United States

Formerscopie Posted at 9-27 03:05
Like so many Mavic Air 2 owners I was delighted to learn that finally it was added to the Smart Controller however, after spending a fortune on one I can honestly say it is a waste of money in my opinion. Everyone has has big problems with the firmware update, it took most of a day to get to work in my case. Once done it opens the Fly app but the functionality is not as good as the standard Mavic Air 2 stock controller. Most of the features on the SC only work if you have a drone that uses Go rather than Fly. The Bluetooth function is worse than useless and all the ‘smart’ methods of sharing or transferring photos and video don’t work. The only way appears to be by removing the sd card from the MA2 and plugging it into an external device. At least with the original MA2 controller and my Apple phone it was dynamic.

Sadly, my expectation was not met, I appear to have purchased a very expensive clear bright screen. DJI should have got this right

I fully agree with you, I tricked the wife into getting the SC for my birthday and not I have to explain why I am not using it to fly my MA2.  I went a step further and pre-bought a lot of SC accessories expecting to use it as my primary controller for my MA2, and it sits ion the floor  on the floor in my office in "she Spot of SHAME."   I am embarrassed that I was bragging about getting a SC now....fell for the DJI banana in the tail pipe .  
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

I found it really inteimg]ing
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_jaRNvIUiqCCz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1446001 ft
Italy

Hello, i bougth smartcontroller to control my Mavic Air 2. Updating was rather easy since i followed tutorial on youtube, to say that if you know from beginning the problem and how to solve is of course easier. But, when flying my Air 2 with SC i found some problems: response from drone is less fast respect to series RC, position of drone respect to station on the low-center icon is wrong most of the times (but using map you can fix the problem) and, biggest problem, ocusync is not stable.

At least on my case, connection is weak after allready 300 meters, starts to drop and the strenght value of the signal drop by 2 levels quite easy. Of course if you stop your drone, or make it slower, most of the times problem fix by itself. Anyway considering original RC is a stone (no disconnection, no weak signal appear ect until more that 1 kM), that is not acceptable from a 600€ product. Does anyone experienced similar problems? Is it possible my SC is defective?

Thanks!
2020-10-31
Use props
swibber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5814 ft
United States

It works now. I use the SC with my MA2. I am currently trying to figure out how to us the SC with Litchi instead of DJI FLy.
2020-12-15
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9132841 ft
North Macedonia

What is your experience with the HDMI output with Air 2?
Does it work?
Is the output image in 1080 as from a drone without software control parameters?
2021-1-3
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9132841 ft
North Macedonia

KlooGee Posted at 2020-9-29 04:40
Cheers!  I'm so happy to have the SC with the Air 2!  It makes a huge difference!  I hate flying with my phone!

Hello
Have you tried whether the HDMI output works?

Is the output image in 1080 as from a drone without software control parameters?
I need it for a TV broadcast!

Thank you.
2021-1-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bojtren Posted at 1-3 11:33
Hello
Have you tried whether the HDMI output works?

I've not used for tv broadcast, but I do output the HDMI to my Feelworld FW279 monitor and the live feed looks great.  I'm pretty sure the live view output is 1080p, but I don't think I have an easy way to confirm that.  Video playback, it will output 4K.

With the HDMI output, it can send either a clean camera only feed or it can send the full app view feed.
2021-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules