Compass calibration failed
486 7 2020-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

I've always getting an error about compass calibration failed. What should I do?
Aircraft, controller and app updated to the newest version.
Screenshot_20200624-220028.jpg

2020-6-24
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Have you tried calibrating in a different location? What is the environment where you are trying to calibrate? Large metal objects (steel framed structures, rebar-reinforced concrete foundations, high-voltage transmission lines) can cause problems.
2020-6-24
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Change location and recalibrate.
Note what MisterFrag said in his post above.

Mirek
2020-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even ferromagnetic objects can cause a compass cal to fail - keep the RC/phone a good few metres away from the drone while calibrating too - even apple watches and a bunch of keys  have been known to interfere
2020-6-24
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

Guys, thank You for YOur help, I've tried 6 different locations, without any metal and electrical objects, above 2m from the ground, rotating clockwise or counterclockwise - always fail.
2020-6-24
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

Ok, after 15 tries, 2m above the ground rear leds started blinking green thank You guys!
2020-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

owiecPL Posted at 6-24 14:01
Ok, after 15 tries, 2m above the ground rear leds started blinking green  thank You guys!

Cool - now no need to calibrate it again - just keep an eye on it for the next few flights and hopefully it will flight straight and come back to you if you lose signal etc.
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there owiecPL. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the compass of your DJI drone. Before this issue happened? Was there a hard landing or a crash on the drone? Kindly please make sure you are away from any ferrous metals ( rebar in concrete, chain link fencing etc. ), and please remove all metals or devices ( like smart watches ) that you are wearing  that can interfere with the process. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules