Photo quality problem
1409 17 2020-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taranchic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611975 ft
Poland

Hi, I received new Maivic 2 pro just few days ago and while using it noticed that left edge (espessialy top left) of image is blurry. I've heard it is a lottery to get a pefect one camera, but still want to hear your opinion, if I should send it for repair or just go with it. Photo samples: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PD6fnoUob3mLCWkK8

2020-6-26
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Just a few questions :

- Do you witness the same problem when filming a movie ?
- Do you save the images on MMC or internal memory of the drone ?
- Is each picture like this, or is it only on some of the pictures ?
2020-6-26
Use props
taranchic
lvl.2
Poland

KDP + Posted at 6-26 09:55
Just a few questions :

- Do you witness the same problem when filming a movie ?

1. It looks like it is present, very hard to tell even at 4k though
2. SD card
3. Every picture has left side blur, some of them more, some less
2020-6-26
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Yes, the left side is deifinetely more blurry than the right side. You used f4 on one of the photos I examined, that is is the aperture the lens is supposed is to be at its best. This is certainly a lens weakness, but the question is what can you expect from this relatively inexpensive wideangle lens? Even expensive optics for DSLR-cameras can be blurry in the corners, especially wide-angle lenses.
It will probably improve at aperture f8 or 11, but then diffraction will start to make the whole image slightly blurry. There are probably sample variations, but I don't think you will find an M2P that is perfectly sharp from corner to corner.
2020-6-26
Use props
taranchic
lvl.2
Poland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 6-26 10:58
Yes, the left side is deifinetely more blurry than the right side. You used f4 on one of the photos I examined, that is is the aperture the lens is supposed is to be at its best. This is certainly a lens weakness, but the question is what can you expect from this relatively inexpensive wideangle lens? Even expensive optics for DSLR-cameras can be blurry in the corners, especially wide-angle lenses.
It will probably improve at aperture f8 or 11, but then diffraction will start to make the whole image slightly blurry. There are probably sample variations, but I don't think you will find an M2P that is perfectly sharp from corner to corner.

Thanks for the reply. If this blur is usual for Mavic, then I am not going to worry, but do you think this blur is within limits?
2020-6-26
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

taranchic Posted at 6-26 11:06
Thanks for the reply. If this blur is usual for Mavic, then I am not going to worry, but do you think this blur is within limits?

I would not worry too much. The right side is very good, that indicates a slight decentering of one of the lens elements.
I have a Sony RX100 camera with a wideangle lens and 1" sensor (same as the M2P), and the corners are almost just as bad as your images. It is quite normal on medium quality lenses, especially at larger apertures.
2020-6-26
Use props
taranchic
lvl.2
Poland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 6-26 11:49
I would not worry too much. The right side is very good, that indicates a slight decentering of one of the lens elements.
I have a Sony RX100 camera with a wideangle lens and 1" sensor (same as the M2P), and the corners are almost just as bad as your images. It is quite normal on medium quality lenses, especially at larger apertures.

Ok, then I'll give it a rest. Anyway I have 2 years of warranty in front of me in case I decide something.
Still I'm very pleased overall in pictures quality, so many details and dynamic range, much more impressive than MA2.
2020-6-26
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Belgium

It's indeed a small issue, and maybe when sending it back under warranty, who knows how it returns... ?

The disadvantage of something like this is, that you will always focus at it....

I had a similar problem with a Carl Zeiss lens on my digital camera...  nobody saw or noticed any  problem on the pictures, but it was something irritating me all the time...
2020-6-27
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Belgium

Anyhow, it would be good if DJI could confirm this behavior is within their quality standard or not...
2020-6-27
Use props
fans9b84d828
lvl.2
Poland

KDP + Posted at 6-27 02:19
It's indeed a small issue, and maybe when sending it back under warranty, who knows how it returns... ?

The disadvantage of something like this is, that you will always focus at it....

Indeed, its not so big issue and the most hard thing will be, as you said, to accept and live with it.
I heard people used to send their Mavics to service over and over (sometimes 3-4 times) until they got their perfect sharp lenses. So I think its better to have this small issue than risking to receive it in even worse state after repair.

Thanks for the reply.
2020-6-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Bzdury kompletne z tym "a bo ja to słyszałem to i tamto co ludzie gadają na Internecie". Lewa strona zdjęcia jest nieostra, kropka. Bardzo rzadko, ale się zdarza przy montażu, na przykład niedokładnie ustawiony sensor kamery albo wada optyki. Mavic 2 Pro ma znakomitą kamerę (jak na tę klasę), tego typu wada jest nie do zaakceptowania. Moja kamera jest ostra jak żyleta. Zwróć drona do sklepu i zażądaj wymiany na inny, jeśli nie upłynęło 7 dni od daty dostawy. Jeśli za późno, to musisz uruchomić serwis naprawy DJI. Powodzenia ...
2020-6-27
Use props
fans9b84d828
lvl.2
Poland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-27 23:25
Bzdury kompletne z tym "a bo ja to słyszałem to i tamto co ludzie gadają na Internecie". Lewa strona zdjęcia jest nieostra, kropka. Bardzo rzadko, ale się zdarza przy montażu, na przykład niedokładnie ustawiony sensor kamery albo wada optyki. Mavic 2 Pro ma znakomitą kamerę (jak na tę klasę), tego typu wada jest nie do zaakceptowania. Moja kamera jest ostra jak żyleta. Zwróć drona do sklepu i zażądaj wymiany na inny, jeśli nie upłynęło 7 dni od daty dostawy. Jeśli za późno, to musisz uruchomić serwis naprawy DJI. Powodzenia ...

Bardzo dziękuję za odpowiedz,
Dodam tylko, ze na F6.3 lewa strona jest prawie idealna. Nie ma to znaczenia?
Jeśli tak, to nastawiłeś mnie na kontakt z serwisem DJI.
Pozdrawiam
2020-6-28
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

ArcticPhoto Posted at 6-26 11:49
I would not worry too much. The right side is very good, that indicates a slight decentering of one of the lens elements.
I have a Sony RX100 camera with a wideangle lens and 1" sensor (same as the M2P), and the corners are almost just as bad as your images. It is quite normal on medium quality lenses, especially at larger apertures.

interesting, wich RX100 is it ? The first generation ?

do you have some more information on the sensor wich is build into the M2P ?

Thanks
2020-6-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans9b84d828 Posted at 6-28 00:14
Bardzo dziękuję za odpowiedz,
Dodam tylko, ze na F6.3 lewa strona jest prawie idealna. Nie ma to znaczenia?
Jeśli tak, to nastawiłeś mnie na kontakt z serwisem DJI.

Oczywiście, to jest minimalne zniekształcenie obrazu rzucanego na sensor. Tylko pixel-maniacy mogą to zauważyć na dużych drukach fotografii, dla internetowych publikacji do oglądania w telefonie bez znaczenia, tym bardziej w wideo. Ja używam M2P m.in. do produkcji dużych fografii krajobrazowych (panoramicznych sklejek), gdzie perfekcyjna ostrosć zdjęć ma znaczenie w procesie. Może się zdażyć, że będziesz potrzebował dużo swiatła (np. przy nocnej fotografii) otwierając pełną przysłonę. Wtedy ta deformacja będzie bardziej widoczna i wkurwiająca. Nie ma pospiechu w końcu, sam się zorientujesz czy możesz z tym żyć czy nie. Nie wiem gdzie jest autoryzowany serwis DJI dla polskich klientów, możesz reklamować ewentualnie w zimie, a teraz lataj sobie póki lato sprzyja. Oni na ogół nie pieprzą się z naprawami, wymienią Ci drona na innego. Przygotuj tylko dobrą dokumentację usterki.
2020-6-28
Use props
fans9b84d828
lvl.2
Poland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-28 11:07
Oczywiście, to jest minimalne zniekształcenie obrazu rzucanego na sensor. Tylko pixel-maniacy mogą to zauważyć na dużych drukach fotografii, dla internetowych publikacji bez znaczenia, tym bardziej w wideo. Ja używam M2P m.in. do produkcji dużych fografii krajobrazowych (panoramicznych sklejek), gdzie perfekcyjna ostrosć zdjęć ma znaczenie w procesie. Może się zdażyć, że będziesz potrzebował dużo

No właśnie będę korzystał  z Mavica jedynie dla robienia zdjęć i będą to nie tylko obrazy dla instagrama. Cały czas się rozwijam i nie wydałbym tyle kasy za M2P jakbym go naprawde nie potrzebował (2 lata latałem Sparkiem). Możesz sobie obejrzeć część moich zdjęć na www.instagram.com/taranchic/

Dzięki za odpowiedz
2020-6-28
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Mini User Posted at 6-28 04:51
interesting, wich RX100 is it ? The first generation ?

do you have some more information on the sensor wich is build into the M2P ?

Yes, the first generation RX100, with a 1-inch sensor. A great camera and a supersharp lens, except for the corners.
The sensor in the Mavic 2 is a 1-inch Sony sensor from the IMX-series, but I dont know exactly which one. It is a first class sensor, the soft/blurry corners is because of the not-very-high-quality lens. And the sometimes slightly noisy images from the M2P is because of the signal processing, not the sensor itself.
Don't get me wrong, I think the image quality from the M2P is impressive, considering all the compromises DJI had to make (size, weight, etc.)
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern, kindly please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and reset the camera settings to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
fans9b84d828
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-30 19:57
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern, kindly please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and reset the camera settings to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

If you reference to the firmware, would you be so kind to explain what persicely can be wrong with firmware or settings? (as I shoot DNG which automatically exclude camera settings as a possible problem cause)
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules