Goggles RE audio port input - max. trainer signal voltage level?
1171 2 2020-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xrk
lvl.2
Germany

Together with OcuSync Air System, Goggles RE can be used to transmit third-party radio control system stick signals from Goggles to S.BUS output of OcySync Air System. For this, a trainer port signal of a third-party remote controller is connected to the Goggles RE audio port that samples the pulse-width modulated signal chain. For debugging purposes, a visual display of the live state of 8 servo channels can be activated in Goggles RE.

The Goggles RE + OcuSync Air System user manual lists some supported third-party radio control system transmitters, such as models from Futaba, Frsky, Walkera, WFLY and RadioLink. Fine. For the purpose of wanting to use own (microcontroller based) trainer port signal generator, I am interested to know the maximum voltage level of the signal that can be injected into the audio port of Goggles RE (via mono 3.5mm plug)?

I assume, a 3.3V signal level is fine, but would like to know if 5V, or possibly even a higher signal level would also be OK.

Thank you!

P.S. The goal is to remote control a robot from far away by code running on a PC at base, where the control signal (e.g. servo positions) will be transmitted via the OcuSync link. The signal path would be PC -> custom signal converter -> Goggles RE -> OcuSync Air System -> S.Bus -> custom robot controller.
2020-6-27
Use props
xrk
lvl.2
Germany

Statusupdate - I created a Microchip PIC32 based USB CDC to PPM converter, and if I output the 3,3V logic level PPM signal directly from microcontroller digital output pin to the Goggles RE audio port with mono 3.5mm jack, all works as expected - I see the channels changing in Goggles RE debug display according to the Visual Studio C# code I created for the PC.

Nevertheless it would be nice to know what the electrical specifications for the Goggles RE audio port input are?
2020-7-5
Use props
xrk
lvl.2
Germany

Further details about the PC control circuit and a demo application are posted at the following RCgroups thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... -for-DJI-Goggles-RE

USB2PPM with DJI Goggles RE.jpg

USB2PPM top side.jpg

USB2PPM bottom side.jpg
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules