Mavic Air 2 - strange framerate issue (29,97 vs. 29,00 fps)
2292 9 2020-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sea-Diver
New
Austria

Hi,

I recorded with my Mavic Air 2 a video in 2.7k / 30 fps and the video is very smooth. However, I recognized the following strange MediaInfo within the video:

• Frame rate: 29,970 (30000/1001) FPS
  • Original frame rate: 29,000 FPS

I expected to see a framerate of 29,97 fps but I really don´t understand why MediaInfo also shows an Original frame rate of 29,000 FPS??? No such Original frame rate shows up in MediaInfo, if I record with the Mavic Air 2 a video with 25 fps (MediaInfo just shows the expected Frame rate of 25,000 FPS).

The reason why I want to explore this issue in more detail is a problem I have in the video editing: if I put this Mavic Air 2 video on the timeline of my video editing software  (Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate), the video is jerking every 0.5 sec. although the original video is very smooth. The  timeline is set on the same framerate (30 fps). I recognized that  on the timeline of PS23 every 30th frame equals the 31th frame. This is most probably the problem of the jerking video and might be connected to the ORIGINAL frame rate of 29,000 fps...??? But I really don´t know...

Does anybody have similar issues?

Thanks!

2020-6-27
Use props
fansdb340119
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1044347 ft
Finland

Same problem here, had it with pinnacle studio 23 and just upgraded to pinnacle studio 24, didn't help. When the editor program thinks it's 29fps it makes some jitter to the video. I have to run a converter to convert all my mavic air 2 29.97fps videos to make them work at my editor program. Dunno how to get around it..
2021-1-1
Use props
sbc350
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1044347 ft
Finland

Here's a comparison video, added two clips to timeline, first one is straight from air 2, second one I converted to the same specs than the original video, and then added to timeline. Second one is smooth and working correctly. When I compare the clip information in pinnacle studio, the first one is 29fps and the second one(converted) is correct 29.97fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1fLh-d2GNI
2021-1-1
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

Seems to be the same issue I'm struggling with in Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 25. I have also tested in 23 and 24 and the issue is the same. Corel support is blaming the source file. Any solution on this from your side?

My thread:
  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=249287
2021-9-8
Use props
Sea-Diver
New
Austria

BjornA Posted at 9-8 01:00
Seems to be the same issue I'm struggling with in Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 25. I have also tested in 23 and 24 and the issue is the same. Corel support is blaming the source file. Any solution on this from your side?

My thread:

Hi, I would convert the source files into 25 fps (hopefully w/o loss in quality) and import these files into PS.

Hope this helps.
2021-9-9
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

Sea-Diver Posted at 9-9 09:29
Hi, I would convert the source files into 25 fps (hopefully w/o loss in quality) and import these files into PS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I will try that.
I also have a ticket with Corel/Pinnacle and a longer conversation regarding this. Hopefully they can solve this issue in Studio 25.
2021-9-9
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

Sea-Diver Posted at 9-9 09:29

Hope this helps.

A fix for this will be avalable soon.
2021-9-11
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

Hi,
I have had several conversations with Corel Support regarding this lately. Eventually they have now stated that the issue with choppy videos from PS24 & PS25 (and also PS23 I guess) is caused by an regression error in Pinnacle Studio. A hotfix for this will be availeale as soon as they have solved the issue. Hopefully very soon. PS24 users who can't wait, can uninstall PS24 and install PS24 version 24.0.2 in the meantime. Contact Corel Support to get download links.
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_3CMdCkxRupSb
New

Norway

This frame drop issue is fixed by the latest PS25 25.0.2 patch.
Works fine for me now.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_IGnnUm55twZj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 787073 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I'm new here.I have the same issue with the footage from my Mini3 pro shot in 29.97 fps. When I edit it in Studio 26 I get a recurring stutter (after export naturally). Studio 26 shows that the DJI footage is 29 fps!! Other programs like Windows, VLC-player all recognize the footage correctly as 29.97 fps. I updated 6 months ago from Studio 25 and than the same dronefootage didn't produce a stutter .
I did a test and "converted" a DJI-clip with the program Handbrake from 29.97 fps to...... 29.97 fps (same format and bitrate also). Studio 26 recognized it perfectly as 29.97 fps and it edited just fine!!
Still waiting for a serious answer from Corel, because answering takes them 6 days and I am -up untill now- not impressed with the quality of the answers. It took the tech-guy a month (4 emails) to come up with the same Handbrake-tip that I emailed HIM before!
Anybody with the same problem here?
bye, Marc.
1-15 05:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules