UV Filter Stuck
1395 4 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248914 ft
United Kingdom

Well it was bound to happen. My P3 landed hard on zero battery after a valiant effort to auto return to home but with unexpected headwinds. Thankfully the only damage after a clean up was the UV filter. Glad to see I can order a replacement from DJI Store but I cannot for the life of me get the old one off. The ring does not seem damaged it is just a crack in the glass but I have tried every way I can think off and it wont even move a mm. I have watched videos online of people removing so I am confident I am turning in the right direction (anticlockwise as you look at it the right way up).

Help please as I cant afford a whole replacement camera unit.

Many Thanks

Ross
2015-6-18
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

Have a look at this post, screen shots and all to help remove the lens cover

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14931
2015-6-18
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

People have the most success holding the lens very close to the front and putting as little pressure as possible.

What I did was use some anti-slip mat on the palm of my hand, place it over the front of the lens with little pressure and rotate the palm of my hand.
2015-6-18
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try wrapping a rubber band around the filter (so you can grip it) and then turn it to the left with as little pressure as possible. It's not screwed on tightly.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-18
Use props
ross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248914 ft
United Kingdom

I would have sworn that mine was glued on I tried all the techniques and sadly would not budge. In the end I had to snip the ring which I could get to as the glass was cracked to I could remove it. By cutting in to the ring I think it released some of the friction.. Finally off and amazing didn't damage the lens itself! Thanks for all the help I suspect mine was just a one off super tight one.
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules