How to connect Air 2 with DJI Go 4 App?
18853 19 2020-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timb2828
New
United States

Is it possible to use the DJI GO 4 App with the new DJI Air 2 drone? How do I connect?
Thanks,
2020-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't. you need to use the Fly App instead.
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there timb2828. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. DAFlys is correct on post #2. For additional reference, the DJI Fly application interface was designed to be simplified and ultra-intuitive and it is compatible for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Mavic Air 2 while the DJI Go 4 application is compatible with the DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Mavic 2 Series, DJI Spark, and DJI Phantom 4 series. Thank you.
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_4Je7nAJJzHcH
lvl.1

United States

You should not have different apps really. It's very confusing and misleading because a lot of people think the air 2 has waypoints when in fact it doesn't have it for mission flying. If for any reason they don't realise this before they return policy is up then they are basically screwed like me.  I need way points And I cannot believe that the app and DJI neglects this
2021-4-2
Use props
Tomathin
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-7-2 20:17
Hello there timb2828. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. DAFlys is correct on post #2. For additional reference, the DJI Fly application interface was designed to be simplified and ultra-intuitive and it is compatible for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Mavic Air 2 while the DJI Go 4 application is compatible with the DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Mavic 2 Series, DJI Spark, and DJI Phantom 4 series. Thank you.

Will the Mavic Air 2 ever receive DJI Go support?
2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tomathin Posted at 6-7 17:00
Will the Mavic Air 2 ever receive DJI Go support?

Hi there Tomathin. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of this time the DJI Mavic Air 2 only supports the DJI Fly application. in addition, as of the moment we do not have any information with any future updates for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, events and updates by following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you.
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_sGFUzx79UtTW
New
Flight distance : 480112 ft

Belgium

So dji mini 2 won't fly with the ole 4 app? I tried to install the FLY app on a myrad of phones  Os android  from 5,7,11. It stubbornly refused to install due to compatability issues...  Grrr.... Called the DJI customers service and said: you must only use our "reccomanded"  phones. I ansered  scr you sir. After paying 600 euro for the drone I won't pay other thick money for a phone... I buyed it on Bol and they have cashback pollicy... so goodby mini 2 you and your whimms
P_20210609_075717_2.jpg
P_20210609_154553.jpg
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_WXWOTqD9sy1G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 22:52
Hi there Tomathin. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of this time the DJI Mavic Air 2 only supports the DJI Fly application. in addition, as of the moment we do not have any information with any future updates for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, events and updates by following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you.

I agree that the Air2S needs GO4 capability.  This is a huge and unexpected shortcoming
2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_WXWOTqD9sy1G Posted at 7-13 13:19
I agree that the Air2S needs GO4 capability.  This is a huge and unexpected shortcoming

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared with us. This matter has already been forwarded to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Thank you for your support.
2021-7-15
Use props
djiuser_ld6cTJJnvXjC
New

United States

Use an app on apple App Store called Maven. Works great with the air 2 and has way point mission based flying. You had better know what your doing though. Because it is super easy to get the drone in a crash with waypoint flying. Stay up high. ( altitude is your friend) or ensure that you spot test each Elevation. And obstacles in between. Good luck.
2021-8-12
Use props
djiuser_jGcsvhnaHCTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 556355 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 19:57
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared with us. This matter has already been forwarded to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Thank you for your support.

I too was disappointed that the Mavic Air 2 is not supported with the DJI Go 4 App.  Not having the support, reduces the full functionality of the Drones capability.  With some missing features (Flight Data Logging), I found that Litchi For DJI app (Beta Version) works with the DJI Mavic Air  2 which includes Waypoint Missions.  You can create Waypoints offline (without the drone connected) on the app its self or creating the mission flight waypoints on Litchi's Mission Hub Website.  (https://flylitchi.com/hub).  Its just a shame that as a DJI Mavic Air 2 owner, I had to resort to shelling out another $24 (for the Litchi App) to gain functionality of my DJI drone when it SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUSIVE of either the DJI Fly or the  DJI GO 4 Apps !!!!  Shame on you DJI !!!
2021-8-16
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

Really disappointed. DJIfly will not install on any one of my THREE android devices. For 'disappointed' read disgusted
2021-12-2
Use props
YGKcXd8mGLrV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19039 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2020-7-2 00:47
You can't. you need to use the Fly App instead.

What about on the DJI air 2s ? is it still a no-go
2021-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

YGKcXd8mGLrV Posted at 12-9 08:38
What about on the DJI air 2s ? is it still a no-go

Thats Fly app only too.
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_GPDQUxu2ivhN
lvl.1

United States

This is my first DJI, thought by going with the latest Mavic Air 2s, I would have all I needed.  But, my inexperience with drones may just have me returning this.  It doesn't use DJI GO 4 as mentioned, I can't record any audio while flying and taking video to explain what I'm actually video taping.  Over all, very disappointed.  I do like the Smart Remote, just wish their was updated you tube to show what the SC does with the Air 2s.
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_EHjcp6ktkqmf
New

United States

Think about how disappointing it is to be a new owner of the Mavic Air 2 with Smart Controller. Can't use either app. VERY disappointed!!
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Hqc3sQcS3Mhz
New

United States

djiuser_EHjcp6ktkqmf Posted at 1-17 09:59
Think about how disappointing it is to be a new owner of the Mavic Air 2 with Smart Controller. Can't use either app. VERY disappointed!!

Yeah I'm that guy as well new owner of Magic Air 2, been working on this for 3 full days now and
tried everything and it's been a lot of things but they have all failed. Think I'm gonna break down and just buy the Litchi app for another 25 bucks. So frustrated and super disappointed with DJI
2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Hqc3sQcS3Mhz Posted at 4-12 18:34
Yeah I'm that guy as well new owner of Magic Air 2, been working on this for 3 full days now and
tried everything and it's been a lot of things but they have all failed. Think I'm gonna break down and just buy the Litchi app for another 25 bucks. So frustrated and super disappointed with DJI

Hi, there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience caused. Please download the latest version of DJI Fly from our official website to check if the problem persists. Besides, please enable or allow "install unknown apps" to be installed on your device under the settings. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If the problem persists, please tell me the firmware version of the drone and the model of your mobile phone. If there is an error message, please give us a screenshot of it. Thank you.
2022-4-14
Use props
djiuser_JRsjnfGfnWHI
New

United States

I was able to get the Fly app to work on my Lg g7 and fell in love with the Mini 2. Then the USB port stopped working. No more fun. I read that the phone needed Arm8 with 2gb of ram so I found a Revvl 2 plus that has those specs. It's nearly identical to the G7 but yet it stops installing 3/4 way through.

The messed up thing is the dji Go app and Go 4 both installed fine on the Revvl. What gives? Then I looked into connecting through WiFi. The Mini 2 ssid is there but I can't connect. But on the Go 4 app one of the drones that works with that app has that capability.

It's so wild to me that DJI made this great product then severely crippled it with the software. But the other drones older and newer that run on different apps aren't limited in that way.
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_JRsjnfGfnWHI Posted at 4-17 03:34
I was able to get the Fly app to work on my Lg g7 and fell in love with the Mini 2. Then the USB port stopped working. No more fun. I read that the phone needed Arm8 with 2gb of ram so I found a Revvl 2 plus that has those specs. It's nearly identical to the G7 but yet it stops installing 3/4 way through.

The messed up thing is the dji Go app and Go 4 both installed fine on the Revvl. What gives? Then I looked into connecting through WiFi. The Mini 2 ssid is there but I can't connect. But on the Go 4 app one of the drones that works with that app has that capability.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. May we know have you solved your issue? May we double confirm that your drone is DJI Mini 2? If yes, please try to download the latest version of DJI APP from our official website. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules