Smart Controller = The most frustration u can buy for 700 bucks
260 0 2020-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vii777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87152 ft
United States

Me: apply for unlock in airport locked area as i have done a gazillion times. Ok ya make SURE u turn on all ur gear before u go in the field cuz ya if you dont have a internet connection you cant fly. (Now must pay for hotspot on phone because of this awesome controller)

Me: Pack it all up: drones and accessories, cinema cameras still cameras lighting the works and leave for the job.

Me: greet clients to deliver on that sunset clip theyve been dying for. I mean this is an expensive property and this shots gonna sell it! (of course you must go at least an hr before the shot to setup and make sure no kinks)

Me: unpack drone as i always have and wait a minute i cant fly?!!

Drone: Cannot take off

Me: What?

Drone: you cant fly here do you want to apply for the unlock?

Me: Um wait "back back" menu menu... yup theres my unlock soo lets fly drone!

Drone: You cant fly here do you want to apply for the unlock?

Me: Sigh, oook. Phone on hotspot connected yes yes yes check box check box checkbox. UNLOCK SUCCESSFUL! ALright lets do this!

Me: Grrrrr ok yes yes yes check box check box checkbox. UNLOCK SUCCESSFUL! Ok u damn thing lets get this done

Me: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over!!!!!

Cleints: umm is everything ok?

Me: Give me just a minute this things being glitchy.....

Skip to the end.

OVER AND OVER AND OVER i unlocked that effing drone and it didnt work. So BYE BYE CLIENT.

THANKS DJI!!!! Great work! wonderful.

This has been an example of something thats happenes a few times now. This smart controller is nice when it works 50/50 its WAY toooo expensive but i figured as a professional i owed it to my clients to be able to deliever the best i can and that means seeing my footage on a nice screen rather than guess work.  Well it HAS BEEN nothing but guess work with this controller.

I have had this controllwe for 6 months shooting 5 days a week. Eventually I switched to the reg controller but my ap then needed to be updated and by the time it finished sunset was done. Mea Culpa I SHOULD have made sure the stock controller/phone was good to go before the shoot but ya i still expect sometihng of this price to work as advertised

ONE WORD RELIABILITY. It has NONE

Cons:
If you are a hobbiest and dont really care that much or dont rely on it to pay your mortgage or feed your family thant fine but if you are in anyway a pro STF Away from this thing.

Pros: Nice screen IF it lets u fly. Its really heavy so i could knock a person out if im being mugged while flying. Thats bout it.
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules