Dji spark battery not charging
3634 6 2020-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dwayne1234
lvl.1

United States

I got a DJI spark a couple months ago for filming houses. it has been about 8 months, and the battery refuses to charge. I decided to look around on the internet to see if anyone else has had this problem, and it turns out this may have been because the batteries had overheated. I let them sit for a day and tried charging them again today. No such luck. I thought the drone might have a problem so I tried flying it. It worked perfectly. does anyone know how I could fix this? I was thinking about performing a factory reset but I don't know if it will make me set up the drone again or delete important information. Thank You!

2020-7-3
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Dwayne,

So you are saying everything works, but you can't charge the battery? Have you tried charging another battery?
Is the battery detected in the charger (LEDs)? Are you using the 3-port-charger that comes with the Fly more combo?
Have you tried charging the battery in the Spark with a USB cable?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-7-5
Use props
Dwayne1234
lvl.1

United States

Wolferl Posted at 7-5 08:11
Hi Dwayne,

So you are saying everything works, but you can't charge the battery? Have you tried charging another battery?

I have tried charging two batteries. I have the two batteries, two cables, and two wall adapters. I have tried every combo and none of them have charged the spark. I have used these cables to charge my phone to make sure they work. They do. I do not have the 3 port charger for my drone batteries and charge them directly from the drone with a micro USB cable. when I press the button on the spark battery, it lights up 50%. however, when I plug in the drone it doesn't show that it is charging. I have tried plugging in the drone and let it sit for a couple of hours to see if it was charging but it just wouldn't show me that it was. After it had been plugged in for a few hours, it still showed 50% battery.

Hope this helped!
-Dwayne
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dwayne. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Spark. Can you please post a short sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2020-7-5
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Dwayne1234 Posted at 7-5 09:10
I have tried charging two batteries. I have the two batteries, two cables, and two wall adapters. I have tried every combo and none of them have charged the spark. I have used these cables to charge my phone to make sure they work. They do. I do not have the 3 port charger for my drone batteries and charge them directly from the drone with a micro USB cable. when I press the button on the spark battery, it lights up 50%. however, when I plug in the drone it doesn't show that it is charging. I have tried plugging in the drone and let it sit for a couple of hours to see if it was charging but it just wouldn't show me that it was. After it had been plugged in for a few hours, it still showed 50% battery.

Hope this helped!

Hi Dwayne,

I noticed on my Spark that not every wall wart USB power adapter works (lights up the LEDs). It needs to be a 2 amp capable supply.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-7-6
Use props
Dwayne1234
lvl.1

United States

Sorry I don’t have any videos. I can’t upload them directly from camera roll. Here are a couple pictures.
3261AFF6-2162-438B-9ACE-C4E664D60C4B.jpeg
image.jpg
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_TKIKp3zYqMhm
New

United States

This company sucks. Look into AUTEL drones people.
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules