Software failure destroy Mavic air, and DJI doesn't wont to take act
560 8 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bosik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215148 ft
Spain

I started engines of Mavic and kept them on neutral doing preflight system check when my drone  went up to the air without me touching the joystick up. As my reaction was to land it and stop the engines right away, but since all this happened on the boat the drone end up in the water and have been totally destroyed by the saltwater. I contacted the DJI after-sales support team to check the system files and logs to find the failure as well as to check the option of warranty coverage. the answer from the support was that the relative team didn't find any malfunction from the flight log and that  I'm not supposed to launch the drone from the boat and this is not covered by warranty. But on the flight log you can clearly see how drone taking off right away after me starting the engines, without me touching the joystick up. Here you can see all the files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_hS1pyCcvhAv5lAr2TCDjQnq1cVohxeN?usp=sharing
As well a the screen record of the flight record.
I think DJI doesn't want to take responsibility for this failure and uses the fact of me trying to launch from the boat. Very upset with the answer and asking to review my case again because you no need to be a technician to see that the drone went up without my command. We pay so much money to have the best support, but actually getting the worst and the company makes you feel like a stupid person. Very disappointed with DJI.
My case id is 2860514
Sincerely
2020-7-6
Use props
Bosik
lvl.1
Spain

Screen recordhttps://youtu.be/qCYqFxqh8Jc
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bosik, we are so sorry for your loss, I managed to get your case number and will forward to the data analysis team to double review. May I verify whether the drone was retrieved from the water?
2020-7-6
Use props
Bosik
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-6 22:39
Hi Bosik, we are so sorry for your loss, I managed to get your case number and will forward to the data analysis team to double review. May I verify whether the drone was retrieved from the water?

It was a calm, very light wind a bit cloudy day.
As well the bay has been surrounded by the mountain, the place name Playa Cala Cerrada, La Azohia, Spain.
Playa cala cerrada
RM-E23, 30868 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
https://goo.gl/maps/TsKZj6MyukRCo4SK8
I found the wether from that date, so you can see it.
6AA0F8DA-2679-422D-93C3-5E520121C759.png
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bosik Posted at 7-7 02:48
It was a calm, very light wind a bit cloudy day.
As well the bay has been surrounded by the mountain, the place name Playa Cala Cerrada, La Azohia, Spain.
Playa cala cerrada

Thanks for your patience, our data analysis has double-checked the data, unfortunately, the result remains the same.
The data shows the aircraft's attitude was unstable, which indicates the drone was taking off from a moving platform. The unstable attitude affected the drone's judgment of the flight status of the aircraft, which caused the accident.

The data shows no malfunction of the drone, hope for your understanding.
2020-7-9
Use props
Bosik
lvl.1
Spain

Hmm, so if the drone indecates the unstability in the air he can deside to take off by him self, and this is mistake of the pilot?
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bosik Posted at 7-9 05:17
Hmm, so if the drone indecates the unstability in the air he can deside to take off by him self, and this is mistake of the pilot?

It is related to the flight environment, it is not recommended to take off from the moving platform since the drone's attitude could be affected and cause the flight hassle.
2020-7-12
Use props
Bosik
lvl.1
Spain

So let me ask you if you have a solution to help me with this situation because I still have a bunch of gear from my fly more combo, do you have a unit himself for sale, even a refurbished one to use with my RC atc.
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bosik Posted at 7-12 03:28
So let me ask you if you have a solution to help me with this situation because I still have a bunch of gear from my fly more combo, do you have a unit himself for sale, even a refurbished one to use with my RC atc.

I've transferred to our support team to provide the resolution, please wait for the email communication in working hours, thank you.
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules