not many resources available about the GL300K (and its many issues)
2345 9 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phisig69
lvl.1
United States

I recently purchased phantom 4 pro v2.0 with the GL300K screen attached remote.  I must say that I purchased this for 2 reasons, brighter screen and liked that it was its own unit.  Reality is that I have had nothing but problems with it.  No facebook live broadcasting, this is part of my business.
Audio NOT being recorded.  I probably should have done my homework.  In either case this is what I purchased.  
I have reached out to service (chat) on several occassions recenty about the facebook live broadcasting and during those interactions I was disconnected (not kidding, did count) 8 times.  each time nearing a feeling of work success, but alas a disconnect and nothing.  However, on the last person chatted with informed me that I would be contacted by 'someone from support' about my issue.  No email, call, candygram or even hate mail.  nothing.The fine institution I purchsed this from has referred me back to you for all of my issues.  But I am ready to ask for a replacement (and $$$ back) on one without the screen and eat the cost of an ipad.  
What should I do?  What would you do if you were me?
here are a list of the issues and 'work arounds' peformed so far.

each of these ended with a DJI assistant factory reset of the remote controller.
facebook live broadcasting:
updated firware and other software versions, but I can never seem to get to the newly released version of GO 4 app
Android Version V 4.3.32

Requires Android 5.0 or above.   on the remote is v 4.3.14(6-dpad)

am guessing that the OS of this intelligent 'brighter screen' needs to be upgraded to android 5.0 or above?  can we do this?  Why did it just ship with 2017 code on it?
any attempted updates end with no change in the version on the system. also with funky symptoms like 'ghost' clicks on the screen with. menus opening and closing all on their own.   Factory reset of firmware and start over.
at this time, there is no audio being recorded anywhere, no facebook live broadcasting, sometimes still ghost clicking and not very satisfied at all.  this drone and its camera are awesome and I have been limping along like this, but am near wit's end.  If the remote worked as promised and more hassel-free I would be completely happy and satisfied with this purchase.  But now, I have a little fear each flight.  and a little regret and that sucks.  please help!  

2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Co-Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1064741 ft
Japan

The ghost "clicks" and the fact that you cannot upgrade to the newest firmware probably mean that the remote has a software malfunction. Did you buy the drone from an official retailer?
2020-7-7
Use props
phisig69
lvl.1
United States

Yes I did.  
Amazon----   Koozam on June 3rd.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. For reference, I have posted an official DJI video tutorial for this process. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_8DO8jW8CIZSE
New

India

Wow, thanks a lot for sharing this with me. I didn't know about this before reading this post. I was searching online for some business plan dog walking and my friend suggested me to check out OGS capital as they will help me out by creating me a business plan for me.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_8DO8jW8CIZSE
New

India

Wow, thanks a lot for sharing this with me. I didn't know about this before reading this post. I was searching online for some business plan dog walking and my friend suggested me to check out OGS capital as they will help me out by creating me a business plan for me.
2020-7-9
Use props
phisig69
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-7 21:34
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. For reference, I have posted an official DJI video tutorial for this process. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsr-S6eZ5sU&t=46s

i have performed this action more times than some should have after owning this drone for such a  short time.  
any other suggestions are welcome.
I have the DJI care program on this drone and remote.  wonder if they would RMA one...because this sucks BAD
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

phisig69 Posted at 7-9 11:59
i have performed this action more times than some should have after owning this drone for such a  short time.  
any other suggestions are welcome.
I have the DJI care program on this drone and remote.  wonder if they would RMA one...because this sucks BAD

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing multiple troubleshooting steps. With regards to this concern. There might be something internal causing this issue. It is best for you to contact the DJI support team to further check the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-7-10
Use props
phisig69
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-10 01:14
Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing multiple troubleshooting steps. With regards to this concern. There might be something internal causing this issue. It is best for you to contact the DJI support team to further check the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

reaching out today thank you.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

phisig69 Posted at 7-14 03:49
reaching out today thank you.

You are more than welcome and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules